PDA

View Full Version : any other now-former super members around?

mollyeilis
03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Or am I the only one?

Went to make a "see you in July" post in the SM section but it's already closed to me, waaaaah.

Thanks Tricia for the email, it almost made me cry.

I just couldn't make up for the problems in Feb to earn enough!

Yesterday was my one year anniversary with Sunshine Rewards, according to my account history, and it's wild to think of how much I've made, basically doing what I would have been doing anyway. :sunshine:

I have just about the amount I would have needed to make SM sitting in my Credit Hold section (oh if only I had made those purchases a month before I did, right?), so I'm already ahead of myself for next quarter, yay!

Anyone else? Or am I the only one who couldn't meet the mark this month? :p

(now that the gut reaction to not being SM has diminished, and the OTX surveys are being good to me, I've added to the title of the thread.)

missymouse
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
You are in good company as there was a thread earlier today that quite a few people who didn't quite make it for this quarter posted to. I am sure they will be checking in here to let you know who they are. We will miss all of you as SM's but will see you again hopefully next quarter and other areas of the forum in the meantime.

mollyeilis
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh wow, I totally missed that thread. Was it in the SM section? That's what I went looking for, but I was already locked out.

I even considered getting a couple gift subscriptions for that Disney DVD express place to get there, but couldn't think of anyone else who needed any Disney DVDs! The friends who like the movies have more than we do, and the friends who don't don't want them! :p

If only I could have even gotten ONE OTX survey since January, it would have helped tremendously. :)

missymouse
03-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh wow, I totally missed that thread. Was it in the SM section? That's what I went looking for, but I was already locked out.

I even considered getting a couple gift subscriptions for that Disney DVD express place to get there, but couldn't think of anyone else who needed any Disney DVDs! The friends who like the movies have more than we do, and the friends who don't don't want them! :p

If only I could have even gotten ONE OTX survey since January, it would have helped tremendously. :)

Yes it was in the SM section. I would guess that probably 5-10 people at least are in the same boat as you because I was somewhat surprised. Jan-Mar. seemed hard for many and the Greenfield ban didn't help.

For what it is worth I can't get in to the SM board either anymore so Tricia must have closed it down until she sends out the new info and e-mails

mollyeilis
03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks missymouse, for letting me know! :sunshine:

I wish I would have looked earlier, but being on the west coast and being late-risers causes me to miss out on a lot around here. :)

missymouse
03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I guess I was typing wrong because I just tried again to check out the SM board and was able to get in.

There are at least 6 others that barely missed it this quarter. I am sure they will be checking in here when they see your thread.

nicnik
03-31-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm in your boat too! :( The "survey scandal" really threw me off, as did being out of town a couple of times and sick another couple of times. I only made about $80 this quarter, which really isn't all that bad anyway. I have to be careful with shopping right now because we are trying to buy a house so I couldn't push myself over that way. I do have a couple of things that I need to order soon, but I decided to wait on those since it wouldn't have been enough to make SM. So, those will be a nice boost towards the next quarter instead!

I'm sorry that you didn't make it, but I'm a little bit glad that I'm not the only one either. :p Good luck getting SM in Q2!!

mollyeilis
03-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi nicnik. :)

missymouse, I think I was doing it wrong too (weird!) b/c now I see I can get in too. Der at myself!

Well it's good to have a thread "out" here too, LOL. At least I think so.

fanofree
03-31-2008, 09:43 PM
I missed SM by about $15 - actually $5.00 less than my projected estimate thanks to a couple of manual credits today. SurveyGate, two vacations and illness took its toll.

I still think that is pretty good since I rarely shop or do offers that require a credit card. So, we'll come out fightin' tomorrow!

mollyeilis
03-31-2008, 09:45 PM
SurveyGate...:rotfl:

fanofree
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
SurveyGate...:rotfl:

We're showing our age (SHHHH!)

sammielynn
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Surveygate!! :rotfl: I had to look at that twice. My first thought was, "she didn't just say that!". I have had one of my famous 13 hour days and really needed a laugh! But it really wasn't funny when it happened was it?

bs4free
03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
i am but i will be SM again

mollyeilis
03-31-2008, 10:41 PM
You're back!!!!!! Welcome!

jfrog
03-31-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm in the same boat...surveygate got me too...that one gave me an outloud chuckle-lol! Will definitely work hard to make it next quarter...me thinks netwinner is sucking up some of my sr time too, but I'm having fun over there too.

Hey Bryan!!!

Good luck this quarter everybuddeeee!!!

bethid
03-31-2008, 11:02 PM
I am right there with you. I just did not spend much time on the internet the past 3 months. But I plan to be back in July. Good luck to everyone.

Pooh's Pal
04-01-2008, 01:26 AM
i am but i will be SM again

great seeing you back online :sunshine2: (thanks for the PM!!)

didn't make it this quarter, but maybe next..hoping at least!

JillyFish
04-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Add me to the list. :(

Soccer Princess
04-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Same here :( I had been a SM for the past year and just couldn't get things together this time. With being sick , out of town, and the survey thing, it just didn't come together. I am now determined to make it for next quarter. I have been use to the SM perks for so long, I don't know what I'll do now lol. Good luck to everyone this quarter!

Wendi63
04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
"Surveygate" along with starting a full time job slowed me down and I wasn't even close to getting supermember status this quarter. Maybe I can buckle down and make it for next quarter but I can rarely qualify for a survey these days so chances aren't good. :( I still like earning whatever I can, even if it is just a little here and there.

tommygirl79
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Count me in as well...The past three months, I think I just needed a break from surveys and that totally bit me in the rear. :-)

But, I'm determined the next three months, I won't have a problem and I'm back in...

LyndaM
04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm out for now, too :(

Went to scratch off and all games had already been played, and I have a shopping credit pending until April 15! I'm missing my SM status already!

I just took a break after we got home from vacation and didn't even come close this quarter. But, I'm determined to get my SM status back in July! :cooldance:

disneynut
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Count me in too. :( I am not a supermember anymore.:eek: I just slacked off too much with the surveys and offer. I did start a job this last quarter and don't have as much time to sit on here, like I used to. So I will have to try again.:sunshine:

coastalgirl
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Count me in also! That whole survey snafu, and a bunch of other things so knocked me out. But I am determined to get back my SM status!!

Welcome back Bryan! We sure have missed you around here!!

kendra412
04-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I took a 6 month hiatus. I was just tired of doing surveys and everything. I am going to try to get back into it though (although, I have been telling myself that for the last 3 months). I just did a survey tonight though. Yea me.

ItsmeSunnyV
04-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I am also a former Supermember.....I think I lost my drive...:(

lucymews
04-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I too was a SM fatality of "Surveygate". Missed it by less than 10! Sooo sad. Never did get back into the swing of things after the ban. Hopefully, this quarter will be more promising. Good Luck to all the other refugees!! :hugs:

cuppycakemom
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Count me in as someone who missed it after being a member for 2 quarters in a row! BOO HOO. But, the survey thing, and being out of town was just too much for me to make up.

I'm going to try hard to do it this time, but i'm under the gun from the start because I'll be at my mom's for about 6 or so weeks while DH is in Iraq this summer. Since she's also a sunshiner, I'm out of luck for that time!

So....gotta try doubly hard these next two months and see what I can do!!!

GOOD LUCK ALL>

mollyeilis
04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Since she's also a sunshiner, I'm out of luck for that time!

Oh bummer!

time2go
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Add me to the list too. :( Darn survey really messed me up and I just lost all motivation. So far I can't even qualify for a daily survey.:computer:

llgray16
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Life has gotten in the way and I actually lost my SM status last quarter for the first time since the inception of SM status (to think I was one of the original SMs :( ) I made quite a rally in March but knew I wasn't going to quite make it. I am bound and determined to get there for July!!!

m 'n c
04-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I think everyone should go buy a pair of shoes as a consolation gift from shoebuy using the SR link ;) Shoes always help heal the soul and the account balance.

Seriously good luck to everyone and we will all band together and help each other out. Positive attitudes around here :sunshine:

mollyeilis
04-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Ach, if only I hadn't just picked up my Payless maryjane heels (ordered for in-store pickup through SR, of course) last night, I could have tried to justify the shoebuy purchase!

While continuing to mourn my loss of SM status, I continue forth. Although the daily surveys are not cooperating (until a minute ago I've had the same 3 options, none of which apply (and I wish they'd stop asking if I had an under 36 month old in the house...haven't they seen my shopping site request, don't they know I'm working on that? :rotfl:), for more than 2 days, maybe more than 3), and OTX wasn't playing well with others...I just got an AMP survey and it credited! :cooldance:

Go try that, all! Under Offers. (though if you already got an OTX it might have cookie issues)

memanana
04-02-2008, 02:19 PM
count me in as one who did not make it . the whole survey thing did me in. the way things are going right now the survey and otx are not being very nice to me either :(

chipndale
04-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Add me to the list. The surveygate has really had a toll on my account. I haven't been very serious about trying surveys since February. If I get my butt in gear and do surveys along with my shopping I should make SM in July. Lets keep each other motivated!

mollyeilis
04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Every time I read "surveygate" I giggle.

Beyond the solemn-yet-hopeful companionship I found (was feeling rather alone before), just getting to read that word made making this thread worth it. :) :) :)

SunshineGirl
04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
The great thing about SM status is that you never have to wait more than 3 months to get back in. :) The first quarter of the year is always the hardest in terms of offers, shopping, and surveys. The good news is that it gets much better in the second quarter!!

mollyeilis
04-02-2008, 04:15 PM
We're holding you to that, you know. :p

Just got a daily survey after a successful AMP survey! Let's hope this trend continues. :cooldance:

DisneyMa
04-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I was a SM last quarter, but not this one!! With "surveygate":rotfl: and just plain being sick and lazy, I was around $20 off!! I haven't been able to shop lately either! Oh well, I'm shooting for next quarter!!!:sunshine2:

TIAMOMMA
04-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I've been ousted from the land of SM's too, I was really starting to get used to it after 3 quarters! The surveys killed me and I don't know why, but it was rare when offers even credited for me (even including some MID's!!) I would clear my cookies, delete my history and more times than not I wouldn't get credit. I"m hoping my luck will change this quarter.

tghamilton
04-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I didn't make it this quarter either. My grandmother fell ill 3 weeks ago and I have been traveling 5 hours back and forth to spend time with her. She passed away last Wednesday. :( I was only about $4.50 short of making SM, maybe next quarter.

coastalgirl
04-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I didn't make it this quarter either. My grandmother fell ill 3 weeks ago and I have been traveling 5 hours back and forth to spend time with her. She passed away last Wednesday. :( I was only about $4.50 short of making SM, maybe next quarter.

Tricia, I am so sorry about the loss of your Grandmother. That would just break my heart. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.:hugs:

Iteach
04-02-2008, 09:28 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. :hugs:

mollyeilis
04-02-2008, 10:00 PM
tghamilton I'm so sorry. :hugs:

tghamilton
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
ah, thanks you guys. She had been in a nursing home for the past 2 years so her quality of life wasn't what it used to be, but still, there is a void in my life, you know? She was a wonderful, loving woman.

llgray16
04-03-2008, 08:06 AM
:hugs: Tricia, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!

On a lighter note, I love that pic of your boys! What program did you use to create the collage?

snshnrwrdsfn
04-03-2008, 08:34 AM
I didn't make it either this time. :( I just haven't had the time to sit and do all the surveys and offers. I'm babysitting my grandchildren now and they don't approve of all "Mommom's" computer time. :computer: I can't understand why. :confused:

Hedy
04-03-2008, 09:14 AM

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Karri5775
04-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I didn't make it this time either, I just haven't had the patience or the time to take the surveys and that is where most of my money comes from.

tghamilton
04-03-2008, 06:50 PM
:hugs: Tricia, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!

On a lighter note, I love that pic of your boys! What program did you use to create the collage?

Thanks. Someone from babycenter did it for me. I don't remember her name. :-(

athoods
04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
So I'm not alone after all.:) This is the first t ime I didn't make super member since I joined. Been caring for my Mom who had an accident back 1/16th and is still layed up. I'm trying to get daily surveys now though and I hope to bet back soon.:p

mollyeilis
04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh no, your poor mom! It's good you're able to help her, though. :hugs:

athoods
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh no, your poor mom! It's good you're able to help her, though. :hugs:
Thanks!!! She is getting a little bettter so I can come home a few hours each day now.

wdwabby
04-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I didn't make SM this time either - first time that has ever happened.

The survey issues were what ruined it for me as I don't have the money to shop.

mollyeilis
04-14-2008, 01:23 PM
How are you doing with the surveys so far? Today isn't starting off pretty (I'm on the west coast so it's still morning, lol) for me, but I've gotten 11/13 days of surveys so far, and that's good.

wdwabby
04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
How are you doing with the surveys so far? Today isn't starting off pretty (I'm on the west coast so it's still morning, lol) for me, but I've gotten 11/13 days of surveys so far, and that's good.

surveys have been pretty hit or miss. I actually got one each day this weekend, but can't get one today here at work - it's telling me that I've exceeded the limit, even though I haven't taken a survey at all today and haven't taken a survey at work in at least 4 days. :computer:

Hedy
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
surveys have been pretty hit or miss. I actually got one each day this weekend, but can't get one today here at work - it's telling me that I've exceeded the limit, even though I haven't taken a survey at all today and haven't taken a survey at work in at least 4 days. :computer:

Did you try clearing your cookies?

mum4jenn
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I am out as well but I was not surprised at all. I was on here so much before our Christmas trip I was totally "burnt out". I don't think I have even done a survey since before Christmas!!

Heck..I do not even have a CLUE what anyone is talking about with Surveygate!!!

About the only things I have done in almost 4 months is clicks and finding the pot of gold. I wish I could find the motivation.

Could someone tell me what the survey problem was? If you can't wtite it here please PM me or email me.

mollyeilis
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
For a whole month almost all of us were locked out of daily surveys, b/c they had rules we needed to be updated on, and everything had to be ironed out. So now, in case you don't know, only ONE person in the household can take the Daily Surveys, and when you become a Super Member again, only one in the household can take the SM survey. No switching back and forth. And choose your email address well, b/c they don't like it when people change their email address.

But it all got worked out, everyone knows all the rules, and even though sometimes the surveys are hard to come by, it seems that overall there are more out there for us to take.

Welcome back!!!