PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Holders

m 'n c
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Any word on free dining? Its April!

bartleby1
04-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Rumors from other boards is that disney visa holders will hear on the 7th, public on the 10th.

Last year, I didn't get the email from chase visa until after it was announced to the public.:confused: They are not too efficient.

m 'n c
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah I figured it was too late to apply for the card and get the code/email to book. Probably wouldn't even get the card in time.

Magical JenK
04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah I figured it was too late to apply for the card and get the code/email to book. Probably wouldn't even get the card in time.

Not to be evil or anything...but...couldn't you place an order through Disneyshopping.com & apply for the Disney Visa instantly? Not sure if you're then given your account number instantly as well, but if so, you'd have it in plenty of time & the code would be posted somewhere (or I could give it to you)!!

Yeah, the rumor is Visa 7th & 10th public & don't remember the dates off hand, but I'm sure you could go a searching in all the threads over there!!

Magical JenK
04-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Found these "rumored" dates on dis:
April 7, 2008 - Free dining to be released to Disney VISA cardholders
April 10, 2008 - Free dining to be released to the general public
August 30 - September 27, 2008 - Travel dates for free dining

m 'n c
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Not to be evil or anything...but...couldn't you place an order through Disneyshopping.com & apply for the Disney Visa instantly? Not sure if you're then given your account number instantly as well, but if so, you'd have it in plenty of time & the code would be posted somewhere (or I could give it to you)!!

Yeah, the rumor is Visa 7th & 10th public & don't remember the dates off hand, but I'm sure you could go a searching in all the threads over there!!

hmm its a thought. Thanks for being evil. Now i need to make a financial post to get some opinions.

luvdisney00
04-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Hoping next Monday is the day, I'll be ready to call bright and early. I REALLY, REALLY want free dining (as I'm sure we all do).:wizard::wizard: Pixie dust that we all get it!

Magical JenK
04-01-2008, 04:46 PM
hmm its a thought. Thanks for being evil. Now i need to make a financial post to get some opinions.

Opinions on what you should buy from Disneyshopping? :rotfl: We love to help each other shop!

Don't forget, you'll get what $25 off INSTANTLY for applying??? You can get a cute Mickey or Tink or the castle on your card!! PLUS, you can get free dining next week! :angel:

m 'n c
04-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok Jen please read my plea in the family issues section. This clueless girl needs some help.

MooseBrains
04-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I had called just to ask about the offer for the Visa card holders and the CRO said just to make my reservation right then and there but to call back Monday and have it adjusted. So after a few days to think about it and a long talk with DH. I must stick with DR plan and not go. Monday I will be calling not to change but to cancel.

I have an ADR for LeCellier's already!

sunshinecindy
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Whats the free Dining deal. I just got a Disney Visa last month and know nothing about it.

lmroyea
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I think Disney Visa card holders get to make their reservations with free dining before the general public. Therefore, better ADRs and flexiblity with hotels, etc. You usually receive a special mailer with a code to use when you book. Am I right?

m 'n c
04-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah you get to book free dining rooms before the general public so you have a better shot at the resort you want. No one has gotten a mailer with the code yet so I almost think it won't be this week but I"m prepared with my ressie number in hand to call thursday morning. I got the ADRs already so its just a matter of making sure we get the package added onto the existing reservation and stay at the same hotel.

MooseBrains
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
The FDP opens to Disney Visa holders tomorrow (April 7th) with their visa card. This is before it opens to the general public. You will have a better choice at getting the rooms/resorts you want. However the offer has already been given for bounceback. I think we are 3 rd or 4th in line for the FDP offer.

When I called last week to inquire the CRO just told me to make my reservation right then and call back on Monday to change to code.

bartleby1
04-06-2008, 06:26 PM
FYI - last year Chase didn't notify visa holders of the promo until a day or two after it started so if you are interested, don't wait for chase to notify you. The info will most likely be out on the disboards before you hear from chase.

m 'n c
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
FYI - last year Chase didn't notify visa holders of the promo until a day or two after it started so if you are interested, don't wait for chase to notify you. The info will most likely be out on the disboards before you hear from chase.

Yeah I have heard that too. Unfortunately I waited too late to apply for my Disney Visa so I'll just have to call in with the general public this time around. Oh well as long as we are there and we get the free dining we will be ok :cooldance:

luvdisney00
04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
:party: I got free dining !!! I was on hold for 1 hour this morning, but it was worth it. I was able to just add it to my existing res. without rebooking. We are at the Poly 9/17-9/22 GV . For my family of 5 we saved $866.43 off of our package!!!!!! I am psyched (can you tell!!!!!!)

bartleby1
04-07-2008, 09:37 AM
:party: I got free dining !!! I was on hold for 1 hour this morning, but it was worth it. I was able to just add it to my existing res. without rebooking. We are at the Poly 9/17-9/22 GV . For my family of 5 we saved $866.43 off of our package!!!!!! I am psyched (can you tell!!!!!!)

CONGRATS! That's a great savings!

Magical JenK
04-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Catherine-
Just wanted to let you know that it looks like you can for sure get the free dining for the length of your stay as long as you are there by the 20th!! Woo hoo!!

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah I've been reading the Dis this morning. 2 hour hold times. Not looking forward to Thursday.

Nite0wl71
04-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I have to wait until Thursday also, but last night my DD15 and I figured out where we want to eat. I called dining about an hour ago and waited only 10 minutes and made all our ADR's. :cooldance:

I hope it goes that easy on Thursday:)

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I have to wait until Thursday also, but last night my DD15 and I figured out where we want to eat. I called dining about an hour ago and waited only 10 minutes and made all our ADR's. :cooldance:

I hope it goes that easy on Thursday:)

Congrats for your ADRs. I think that will be the hardest part of all that will be catching people off guard after they book. I'm glad I did dining ressies a few weeks ago and now just have to modify my existing reservation. Have you made a reservation already for your package? It might save some time come Thursday. I heard some people not only were on hold for 2 hours but was taking 30 minutes to change an existing reservation and longer if you were booking a new one.

Nite0wl71
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I already made a reservation at Music for 7 nights/8 days. I am hoping they just add the dining to it.

I just have to wait for Southwest to open up their dates. We have free flights that have to be used by September.

So with free flights, free dining, and right now $400 in Disney gift cards (thanks SR) we will be really set.

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Yup. I need to cashout my AMEX points for RR credits and our airline will be covered as well. Super excited about all of this.

luvdisney00
04-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Catherine and Carrie,
I'm glad you both have existing reservations, because it seems like certain rooms are selling out. This morning while I was on hold (for an hour) I was watching the DIS boards and there were reports that Poly GV was sold out and only MK view was available. When I got through, I was able to apply the code to my res. w/o a problem, but I asked the cm if there were anymore GV rooms available for those dates with the FD promo and she said "no, MK view only." I know it was reported on the DIS last week that it didn't matter if you had an existing res or not, but apparently it does. It's not just saving time, but maybe not being able to get what you want. I was originally booked at the BC, but we decided we wanted the Poly and I'm so glad I didn't wait to change my reservation.

I am so excited to have ADR's made and free dining secured. Now I can relax. I'm hoping that both of you (and any other Sunshiners) get exactly what you want come Thurs. :wizard::wizard::wizard: I'll be waiting to hear!

m 'n c
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have been trying to stay away from the DIS and free dining so it doesn't stress me out. There have been so many conflicting reports so far today that I'm just ignoring all posts over there until I call in on Thursday. All in all no matter where we stay we will be happy.

fourfoxesinpa
04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Just got an email from Chase about the deal. Gosh I wish I could go during that time!

This 5 night, 6 day Magic Your Way Package includes Walt Disney World® Resort hotel accommodations, Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets and the Disney Dining Plan which provides one quick service meal, a select snack and one meal at a table service restaurant per person, per night of your package. Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3-9 must choose from children's menu, if available. Choose from over 100 select Disney restaurants, including Disney character dining. Take advantage of this offer before it becomes available to the general public on April 10, 2008.

• Magic Your Way Base Ticket – Admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.

• Disney's Magical Express Service – Let us take your family and your luggage – as a complimentary service – to and from Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort hotel.

• Extra Magic Hours Benefit – You and your family can take advantage of extra time in a Disney Theme Park each day to enjoy select attractions. (Valid Theme Park admission required.)

• Guest Transportation – Complimentary, convenient transportation takes your family from your Disney Resort hotel to all four Disney Theme Parks and more – throughout the day!

Debbie Jean
04-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Got a ressie for POFQ last week of August with free dining :cooldance:

DD (21) and I are already set to go in May staying in DVC at AKV, so this will be a 'bonus" trip. We probably won't spend a lot of time in the parks but will enjoy the resort... and the food! We both love :love: FQ! So small and intimate with a great atmosphere, pool and boat ride to DTD.