PDA

View Full Version : Surveys asking for social security # and previous address? Is this safe and secure??

carriecostello@yahoo.com
04-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Two surveys today asked me to validate a portion of my social security # and previous address?? Why would they ask for this and is this safe and secure? I am being cautious of identify theft and just was not comfortable with this!! Please advise

mellymel261
04-19-2016, 10:02 PM
yes same thing I was freaked out about it not sure how it knew those things about me

SCard
04-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Two surveys today asked me to validate a portion of my social security # and previous address?? Why would they ask for this and is this safe and secure? I am being cautious of identify theft and just was not comfortable with this!! Please advise

Opinion Network? got those and got out FAST. no thank you.

tjrj1988
04-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to add because I see that the initial poster is new-over the years, I've been asked many things by survey companys': social security number, credit card number, bank account information, and more. I can't imagine that people give out this sensitive information just for a survey, but maybe I'm being naive. My $.02-don't give anything that makes you uncomfortable-it's just not worth it.
Jan

SunshineGirl
04-22-2016, 11:10 AM
If you get any of these, please send them to me. I want to check with the survey company about how they are getting that information. It's nothing that we have at SR.