PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Contest

SunshineGirl
11-07-2016, 12:07 PM
We are working on a new twist for our holiday contest that is going to make it even more fun!! We're not changing the bonuses (because everyone loves those) and we are still giving away prizes. But we're adding a new raffle system that allows you to CHOOSE which prizes you want to win. More info coming very soon!!

Hedy
11-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Cool!

Mom2aPrincess
11-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Can't wait

leshaface
11-17-2016, 03:14 PM
Yay! Hopefully it will start soon! I remember one year it started as early as the 17th :sunshine:

OhMari
11-19-2016, 08:55 AM
I started shopping already, so many merchants have great deals. I am cringing though knowing it is not going towards the Chrismas bonus.

tjrj1988
11-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Yay! It's here!:banana:.

How do I have raffle entries if I just entered? Is that a mistake?
Jan

SunshineGirl
11-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Those may have been test entries. Take a look now. Everyone should be at zero.

SCard
11-21-2016, 11:36 AM
did I miss the start of the contest?

SunshineGirl
11-21-2016, 11:45 AM
did I miss the start of the contest?

No. It's officially launching this afternoon. The page is set but it looks like a table needs reset to clear out some test entries that we were making over the last week. Once SunshineGuy does that, the email will go out officially announcing it.

SCard
11-21-2016, 11:51 AM
No. It's officially launching this afternoon. The page is set but it looks like a table needs reset to clear out some test entries that we were making over the last week. Once SunshineGuy does that, the email will go out officially announcing it.

:clap:

SunshineGirl
11-21-2016, 01:11 PM
We have officially launched!!!

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/giveaway.php

So our big twist this year is that instead of everyone being entered to win all of the prizes, you now get to choose where your entries go.

There's a bit of strategy involved here....do you use your entries on a prize that you really want but everyone else is entering for? Or do you put them toward the prizes that have the least overall entries? Do you spread your entries across multiple prizes or go all in on one prize to increase your odds?

We're hoping that this will 1) be more fun, and 2) ensure that everyone who wins a prize is getting something that they will actually us.

What do you think??

SCard
11-21-2016, 01:25 PM
We have officially launched!!!

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/giveaway.php

So our big twist this year is that instead of everyone being entered to win all of the prizes, you now get to choose where your entries go.

There's a bit of strategy involved here....do you use your entries on a prize that you really want but everyone else is entering for? Or do you put them toward the prizes that have the least overall entries? Do you spread your entries across multiple prizes or go all in on one prize to increase your odds?

We're hoping that this will 1) be more fun, and 2) ensure that everyone who wins a prize is getting something that they will actually us.

What do you think??

looks fun! just came back from Disney so my choice of where to use my entries might be different than it would have been.

SunshineGirl
11-22-2016, 10:39 AM
Don't forget that your entries update each morning from the day before. So if you are consistently taking surveys or shopping, you can go in and place your raffle tickets every day!

SCard
11-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Don't forget that your entries update each morning from the day before. So if you are consistently taking surveys or shopping, you can go in and place your raffle tickets every day!

is there a time of day that the entries update? I had 5 yesterday afternoon when I registered for the contest, completed some last night and again this morning and the page still says I have 5? Maybe I am not looking in the right place?

SunshineGirl
11-22-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm following up with SunshineGuy on this...

OhMari
11-22-2016, 07:52 PM
So it is sort of like a silent auction. I place my raffle tickets in the prize I want to win and in the end you pick out a winner.

I started shopping and putting things in my basket. Just hope things to not clean out. Kohl's is notorious for this. My bill at Joann Fabrics is almost $300, I am hoping some discounts click in at midnight.

luv2go2diz
11-23-2016, 08:30 AM
My entries have no updated at all. it says I have entered and have 2 entries, but I've done several surveys, only 3 yesterday, but 5 Monday.

SunshineGirl
11-23-2016, 08:59 AM
My entries have no updated at all. it says I have entered and have 2 entries, but I've done several surveys, only 3 yesterday, but 5 Monday.

Sunshineguy says you should have 9 total. Is that not showing for you?

SCard
11-23-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm following up with SunshineGuy on this...

looks like my **** is up to date through the ones I completed before I left for the office today:

You have already entered the contest. You currently have a total of 25 raffle tickets.

You have already used 5 tickets and have 20 tickets left to use.

thank you, this AM it said 5 entries

luv2go2diz
11-23-2016, 10:53 AM
It's correct now, thanks!

leshaface
12-17-2016, 12:45 PM
I have a question about the shopping credit entries. If the shopping entry has shown up on your account as pending, does that count toward as an entry to the contest? Or does it fully have to go through? I have a shopping credit that is pending until 12/25 and wanted to do some more online shopping today, but wasn't sure if those would count. Thank you!

mmm611
12-17-2016, 01:47 PM
They count when they go pending, not when they actually post.

leshaface
12-17-2016, 02:15 PM
They count when they go pending, not when they actually post.

Wonderful thank you!

Hedy
01-09-2017, 12:14 PM
When will we know the holiday contest winners?

tjrj1988
01-09-2017, 04:36 PM
When will we know the holiday contest winners?

I was wondering the same thing Hedy. Today's the day-right?
Jan

SunshineGirl
01-10-2017, 02:11 PM
So I ran the report on Friday for all of the raffle entries and then all of a sudden we had about $15,000 in commission reversals over the last couple of days. Lots from Kohls, Harry & David, and a few other big holiday shopping merchants. So I am now having to manually check every winner to make sure they didn't have the order cancelled. :( I should have built in a couple of extra days to announce the winners, but we have never had such a slew of order cancellations!

OhMari
01-10-2017, 02:36 PM
So I ran the report on Friday for all of the raffle entries and then all of a sudden we had about $15,000 in commission reversals over the last couple of days. Lots from Kohls, Harry & David, and a few other big holiday shopping merchants. So I am now having to manually check every winner to make sure they didn't have the order cancelled. :( I should have built in a couple of extra days to announce the winners, but we have never had such a slew of order cancellations!

Bummer, it sure wasn't me with Kohl's. My new grandson is putting a huge dent in his grandma's wallet shopping at Kohl's.

mmm611
01-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Bummer! I agree....I was really loving Kohls last month and had several orders through them, but I have kept everything not given away as a gift. I hope none of my orders were affected.