PDA

View Full Version : SR site down?

fanofree
04-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I can't get into the SR site. I tried the link from my favorites and through the back door from the link on the forums.

Is it just me?

ETA - yes, it is me. See below, anyone have any suggestions?

spring
04-05-2008, 08:33 AM
I just tried and I had no problems. However, this is almost 20 minutes after your post.

fanofree
04-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks! I still can't get the page to load. I tried both IE and Firefox. :(

spring
04-05-2008, 09:22 AM
That's odd...........I'm using IE. Did you try deleting cookies or perhaps rebooting? I'm not a techno geek, so that's all I have to offer. Sorry.:(

fanofree
04-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Weird - I've tried all sorts of pages in both IE and Firefox. Some load, some won't. Mostly the ones I really want are in the won't column. :computer:

But, it most be an issue with my provider???

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Have you cleared out your temp files? I'm wondering if you are trying to load a cached page that is no longer there.

fanofree
04-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I ran CCleaner, I rebooted the computer (several times), I repaired my connection (several times), I've rebooted my modem... This is just strange - I've had some weird stuff with computers, but nothing like this.

I can get into the SR forums, but not SR. Mousesavers loads, but Allears and the DIS board won't. I can't get into NASCAR.com. I got yahoo and hotmail to load - but it took several tries and a long time.

When my mother tried her comcast e-mail, the page loads as a list of links - just words without pictures/graphics.

Even if I "hand type" the sunshine site into the address bar it doesn't come up - actually it takes me to com.org?????

m 'n c
04-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Ugh. that's no good. Maybe laura will be on it a bit and can help troubleshoot some more. I think SunshineGuy is on vacation too right now.

fanofree
04-06-2008, 11:19 AM
It was Comcast. I called them and was told there was an "Internet outage in your area and the Comcast Engineers are working on it." Well, they worked on it for over eight hours! :computer: No scratch off, surveys or offers for me on Saturday. :(

Looks good today. Thanks for your support! :sunshine2:

bartleby1
04-06-2008, 11:23 AM
It was Comcast. I called them and was told there was an "Internet outage in your area and the Comcast Engineers are working on it." Well, they worked on it for over eight hours! :computer: No scratch off, surveys or offers for me on Saturday. :(

Looks good today. Thanks for your support! :sunshine2:

Glad to hear it is working now! I hate when my internet goes down. I feel so helpless and out of control.