PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Question...Janet!!

Magical JenK
04-08-2008, 01:29 PM
ahemmm...Janet!! You out there??

Or if not Janet anyone know how much a six pack of beer is at SSR...or any of the resorts for that matter? My friend is leaving to stay there for the very first time on Friday & wants beer! :p

Thanks!

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Is it too late for Garden Grocer?

Magical JenK
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I guess she doesn't want to use garden grocer?? But yes, I think it may be too late anyway. Not sure if the reason is they only want beer (& wouldn't hit the $40 min order) or they don't want to pay the $12 delivery fee?? I've offered garden grocer up as an option but she's not biting!! :0)

m 'n c
04-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok. Well then lets think disney prices. How much is it at a grocery store? $7ish for a 6 pack? I'd say about $10 or $12 in disney prices. maybe someone else can be more scientific though.

Magical JenK
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
From what I can find on the dis $12 is about right. Of course she can't believe that either!! :0)

disney_girl
04-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Saratoga is our DVC resort.... I am always amazed at the prices there and from what I can remember, the beer was around $12ish.

ligrumpygirl
04-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't drink beer so I am not much help! There is a DVC shopping list on the DVC site so I will check it out.

ligrumpygirl
04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
OK I checked the DVC site...nothing was listed. A lot of people walk or take the bus to DTD and then walk to the Hess gas station across the street...just a suggestion!

LauraLea
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I am a DVC member and just checked their grocery list. No alcoholic beverages are even listed on the grocery list.

Laura

Magical JenK
04-09-2008, 09:34 AM
OK I checked the DVC site...nothing was listed. A lot of people walk or take the bus to DTD and then walk to the Hess gas station across the street...just a suggestion!

Yep, I've read that & told her that too.

Thanks everyone!!

kimbih
04-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I remember reading this a little while ago on Mouseowners. It was frmo a TR in March 2008. I thought it was outrageous!

Oh yeah... something I find obscene at SSR:

I go into AP to buy some beer. I grab some Saratoga Lager (it is good, I used to drink it when I lived in Saratoga) and proceed to check out. I grabbed 4 I believe as I already had some Heinekens in room that I bought at the Hess mart on property. The lady rings me up for the four beers and it comes to $24 and change!!!!!! WHAT? She tells me that each beer is $5.75 and this is because they cannot compete with the pool bar or Turf Club bar. Ummmmmmmmm, I tell her that is funny because at BWV if you go down to the store there, beers are sold for about $2 a piece. There doesn't seem to be a problem there competing with either that pool bar or the vendors selling beer on the BW. We used to go int ere grab a beer and drink it on the BW. We did this last May during our trip to BWV. She plays dumb and says she wasn't aware of that. I smile as i hand the beer back to her and say no thanks.

Later in the trip I watch as a guy goes up with a six pack of beer. I listen in as he gets rang up for it. Same thing, $5.75 a beer, it came to $38.00 or so. The guy losses it and gives her a TON of grief. I was nice about it but this guy tells her she is wrong, get the manager, etc. Manager comes over and repeats the lines given to me. The guy claims he just bought beer there 6 months ago and it was about $14.00 for the six pack. They basically say the guy is lying in so many words. The guy storms out mumbling how this place is ridiculous!!!!

I have to give this a thumbs down. Mark it up, fine. Charge $2 a beer or so but to charge bar prices is obscene, IMO.

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13977