PDA

View Full Version : Making money for WDW

ligrumpygirl
04-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I know we all have our little ways to save for WDW...why not share them with each other? Even if we have mentioned them in other threads, post again! Every little bit will help!

Here is mine:

DH works in a restaurant. All his change goes in a jar (actually it is an old tube from a shipped piece of art that DD decorated for WDW). Also if he leaves a table and he gets the tip the next day he puts the tip in the jar. Also, when I count his pay for the day anything not ending in a 5 or 0 goes in the tube. For example - if he brings home $126 then $1 goes in the jar. If it is $134 then 4 goes in. We made almost $700 this way least year!

OK who is next??

faithhope
04-13-2008, 02:10 PM
rebate money... any money that is a rebate on an item bought goes into the Disney fund.

Found money... don't know what is up with people... but my kids and I seem to find alot of pennies on the ground in our day to day activities... also while I'm checking out at the grocery store, the kids go check the change counting machine (usually find some in one of the slots).

all pennies...all our pennies go into a piggy bank...

ebay/half...I'm not a big seller on ebay, but I do manage to sell a few books every month on half.

Birthday/Christmas money... our parents usually have no clue what to get us... so they usually give us money... My husband and I love to travel more than buy things, so it goes into the Disney fund.

recycling money... we get 5 or 10 cents a bottle... we recycle our own and any we find on our walks.

pbhall13
04-13-2008, 02:14 PM
We also save loose change. dd8 has a baby bottle shaped bank that she puts change in. dd5 has a typical piggy bank, and I have a huge jar that I put the change in. Especially any of that change that falls to the bottom of my purse goes straight into a jar!

I have also been saving lots of money on personal items (shampoo, detergent, soap, cleaning supplies) by shopping CVS and really paying attention to the Extra Care Bucks and I use coupons. I save a ton of money this way and the extra that I usually would have spent on these items goes into a savings account. It really adds up

Bring on some more savings ideas. I can always use more!!!

Pamela

m 'n c
04-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Loose change goes in our coke bottle bank (got from the coke store which is a SR merchant :) ) Also any bills that have been in my wallet for over a month goes into the Disney cup (I never use cash so this does tend to add up). Spot bonuses at work go into the Disney cup. I am also a huge believer in picking up change on the ground. Mike rolls his eyes but doesn't mind me doing it.

aknight373
04-13-2008, 03:24 PM
If i am doing shopping like for grocerys for example: my budget is say 100.00 but i only spend 80.00 well when i use my debit card to pay i will get the 20.00 dollars cash back and put it into savings.

Sometimes i will do this with other things also like walmart, petsmart etc