PDA

View Full Version : Stamps.com

keishashadow
04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
How long does it take to credit, usually?

tried it out for free trial & printed off a bunch of envelopes for car payment each month (of course now the postage will be going up & i'm not sure if i can just add the difference in stamps or not :()

just wondering, see that offer is listed as not disputable...

so can I try it again sometime or would that be against the rules:confused:

keishashadow
04-18-2008, 08:03 AM
bump - anybody know if it's okay to it try again?:confused:

mollyeilis
04-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Don't know, but you can just get small denomination stamps to put next to the big ones you printed. I do it all the time.

If that was part of your question. :)

keishashadow
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't know, but you can just get small denomination stamps to put next to the big ones you printed. I do it all the time.

If that was part of your question. :)

thanks for the info!

cglaura
04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
When did you do it? It is a credit hold so maybe you have to go back a page or so in your history?

Be carefuly printing out ahead of time, if I remember correctly there was some sort of expiration. Not 100% about how long, but I know I asked my post lady about it b/c I was a few days past, she said that was ok, but a long time past the date and it will be sent back to you.

I loved the program, it just wasn't cost effective for me now that I pay alot of my stuff online.

keishashadow
04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
i did it near end of last month, printed off the postage the same day (thought i was being smart to preprint envelopes for my car payment)

wonder if i can put a label over the pre-addressed part & it postage would work for the few other bills i actually do mail each month, do mostly online payments?

there are bar codes of some sort both above & below the address of my bank though, not sure if i should just toss them or not...would hate to have my car payment come back to me for postage due!!!

just pulled out one of my pre-printed envelopes & see that it is dated; which i didn't notice before

used the 1st envelope beginning of April, will have to ask @ PO when i buy stamps as to expiration date

sweetiee
05-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Still waiting on credit for this one. How long does it take. I downloaded it in march and canceled it right at the 30 day mark or right before. It was about April 23 when I canceled. Still not credited. Anyone get credited?

mirandag819
05-11-2008, 07:35 AM
I did this one yesterday, it showed up instantly, but with a credit hold until the 15th of next month. Is yours not listed in your account at all ?

sweetiee
05-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Mine is in pending and just says Date marked as Pending: 03/26/2008

Nothing else. Nothing about on hold. Sounds like I'm out of luck. I don't know what I did wrong.
Oh well...

m 'n c
05-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Still waiting on credit for this one. How long does it take. I downloaded it in march and canceled it right at the 30 day mark or right before. It was about April 23 when I canceled. Still not credited. Anyone get credited?

I believe stamps.com is one of the ones that will revoke credit for early cancellations. Might be why its pending but hasn't credited yet.

keishashadow
05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
didn't know to go beyond 30 day period, guess it's why i didn't get credit - oh well

mirandag819
05-11-2008, 09:17 PM
didn't know to go beyond 30 day period, guess it's why i didn't get credit - oh well

Did it ever show up in your account history as credit hold ? Or it was only in the pending list you created ? I think I read on another post people who cancelled still got credit. If it was only in your pending list it sounds like stamps.com never turned yours in. If it was in your account as credit hold, but you never were actually credited I would guess it was because of cancelling.

mollyeilis
05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Mine is in pending and just says Date marked as Pending: 03/26/2008

Nothing else. Nothing about on hold. Sounds like I'm out of luck. I don't know what I did wrong.
Oh well...

There's "offers pending credit" under Offers/Contests. That's a list of things you've done, but as long as it's in that list, you haven't been credited at all. Once something starts the crediting process, it goes off that list.

At that point, you want to look at Current Earnings, for the "Pending Payments (includes sales and offers):" line. That's where it shows you the credits that are pending payment, rather than pending credit. In Account History, you'll see the name of the offer with the credits, the date you did it, and either the amount credited, or the amount and when it will "fully" credit. Something like the following:

#123456 Paid Signup: name of offer x.xx Credits 05/08/2008 Credit Hold until for example 06-15-2008

Does that make sense? Since stamps never came out of "offers pending credit" onto your Account History and "pending payment" in Current Earnings, they never "connected" your account to SR.

So then that might mean that you didn't clear cookies (and cache and history) before going to the offer. That's the main reason offers sometimes don't credit for us (and offers sometimes don't credit, it's just something that happens).

I hope that helps you for the future.

keishashadow
05-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Did it ever show up in your account history as credit hold ? Or it was only in the pending list you created ? I think I read on another post people who cancelled still got credit. If it was only in your pending list it sounds like stamps.com never turned yours in. If it was in your account as credit hold, but you never were actually credited I would guess it was because of cancelling.

it never showed up in my acct history/credit hold:computer:, so i'm thinking i could give it another go in the future

sweetiee
05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Sounds like I'm out of luck since I never saw anything about it pending. I just wanted to cancel before the 30 days went past and I got charged.
Thanks for all the help.

mia214jia
05-13-2008, 07:31 AM
I never got the credit either. And They actually extended my 30 days for the following month because I never got my "Welcome Package". Anyways, going into my second month and after a purchase no credit.
It sucks too, I guess I am one of the ones they choose not to give credit to.
Oh well

sweetiee
05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I never received the welcome package either, but they never offered to send me another. I was waiting to receive it so I could print my stamps. Never did, so I printed them on envelopes.
To me it doesn't sound like they did their side by not sending me the package. I might contact them in regards to this.