PDA

View Full Version : Booking Hilton Hotel

andrea2289
04-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know if I book a room through SR and then call the hotel directly to upgrade if I will still get credit?

My husband comes home every three months and we always stay at the same Hilton Garden Inn near the airport. The room we get is a suite with a big whirlpool but I am not offered that by booking online. The hotel has the room available, and I wanted to book through SR. So I thought maybe I could reserve the suite through SR and then call to upgrade?
Thanks!!

andrea2289
04-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Bumping....

Does anyone know if you still get credit if you call the hotel to upgrade once the reservation is made?

askomsky
04-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Bumping....

Does anyone know if you still get credit if you call the hotel to upgrade once the reservation is made?

I don't know about Hilton specifically but another member booked at the Marriott online thru SR and then had to call to change something. The only thing I do know is this was the beginning of the month so I'm not sure if she got credit yet since they take a month after check in. I'm guessing it's worth a shot right? What do you have to lose?

andrea2289
04-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Absolutely! I thought the same thing. I usually have to book it directly over the phone to get that specific room, so there is no other discount/coupon I could use anyway. So, if I get the SR credit...it's just icing on the cake...not that I would need any after getting to see my hubby :)