PDA

View Full Version : Husband won bid on E-Bay but forgot to go through SR

Weluvdisny
04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Is there still a chance to receive credit if we don't shop via the link? I wanted to smack him up side the head for not following the SR rule (always go thru here first)!

It's totally cool if it's too late, I just thought I'd ask.

nicholfamily5
04-18-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't think so. Normally you have to click the link directly before placing your bid. I'm sure I'll be corrected soon if I'm wrong though!

andrea2289
04-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Well I could smack my own self because I won a bid for $265...and forgot to go through SR :(

I had even told myself while cooking dinner not to forget! It almost made me sick :cry:

Weluvdisny
04-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Oh, I feel so bad for you!:( Mine was only $34 but we know how every little bit helps.

I hope this post can serve as a reminder to everyone to check SR first before they shop!!

Pooh's Pal
04-20-2008, 12:59 AM
I've done the same thing, infact we bought two computers late last year and forgot to do it twice :rolleyes:!! I think we all have done it at sometime!

Like you said a good reminder to ALWAYS go through the SR links!

tarheelpat
04-20-2008, 01:32 AM
I cannot get my husband trained to ask about Sunshine Rewards. He bought Braves tickets on Stub Hub yesterday, and it would have paid 5%! I was so annoyed. Not only did he pay more for the tickets than was necessary IMO, but we don't even get the $5!

~Kathie
04-20-2008, 08:22 AM
I cannot get my husband trained to ask about Sunshine Rewards. I was so annoyed.

Join the club. I even bookmarked SR on DH's computer. He has all the info he needs. Next thing I'm going to do is pin a note to his shirt.....you know like they used to do in kindergarten???? :angrywife:

That man has shopped 3 times at Staples online in the last 2 weeks and spent a LOT of money. Not once did he go through SR. Said I was supposed to remind him. Like I KNEW he was shopping??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

andrea2289
04-20-2008, 10:06 AM
OK, I solved this dilemma :sunshine2:

Here is my NEW desktop :rotfl:

http://www.larryelmore.com/images/screen_sm.jpg

Think that might work?? LOL

kimbih
04-20-2008, 10:15 AM
OK, I solved this dilemma :sunshine2:

Here is my NEW desktop :rotfl:

http://www.larryelmore.com/images/screen_sm.jpg

Think that might work?? LOL

:rotfl: I may have to try that with my computer too!

sunshinecindy
04-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I keep hinting for a Silver Steelers pendant that about 5 merchants on SR have, and I've told him that at least 5 times too, so I'm hoping he gets on the ball soon and orders it through SR, but whats the chances.

llgray16
04-20-2008, 10:41 AM
I keep hinting for a Silver Steelers pendant that about 5 merchants on SR have, and I've told him that at least 5 times too, so I'm hoping he gets on the ball soon and orders it through SR, but whats the chances.

Did some one say STEELERS???? Where oh where is this pendant? I may just have to check it out :)

Mom2aPrincess
04-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I printed a list of the SR merchants (I know it gets longer regularly so I update it about every month to 6 weeks) and keep it by my computer, in my laptop bag, and my mom has a copy (in hopes that she'll eventually remember to go through my account).

mollyeilis
04-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Now see the problem that is clear here is that you guys are "letting" your husbands do ANY shopping. That is the problem. The husband in my house simply is not allowed to do the shopping. He wants something, I get it for him.

Of course, I'm in charge of the finances and he knows better than to just look in the online account to see the total (that behavior is what got me in charge of the finances! :p), and he's intimidated by my "business" style account book, so he simply has no choice.

So ya just gotta keep the non-SR-focused significant others AWAY from the computers.:sunshine2:

sunshinecindy
04-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Did some one say STEELERS???? Where oh where is this pendant? I may just have to check it out :)

Oh ya, I have quite a few gold, but I'm wanting a silver one. Heres the decriptions at the NFL store.

LogoArt Pittsburgh Steelers 10K Gold Team Name Pendant

Special Deal - Save 10% on Your Order **
$61.99
LogoArt Pittsburgh Steelers Sterling Silver Team Helmet Pendant

$37.99
LogoArt Pittsburgh Steelers Sterling Silver Team Name Pendant

$35.99

lmroyea
04-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Now see the problem that is clear here is that you guys are "letting" your husbands do ANY shopping. That is the problem. The husband in my house simply is not allowed to do the shopping. He wants something, I get it for him.

Of course, I'm in charge of the finances and he knows better than to just look in the online account to see the total (that behavior is what got me in charge of the finances! :p), and he's intimidated by my "business" style account book, so he simply has no choice.

So ya just gotta keep the non-SR-focused significant others AWAY from the computers.:sunshine2:
:rotfl:
Yeah it's pretty much like that here too. Now my problem is getting my Mom to shop through SR, she even has her own account, and rarely remembers to use it.