PDA

View Full Version : ok...you guys sold me........

sunshinemckenzie
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I've never had a pair of croc(GASP) but you guys have talked me into it for our trip in Sept.

So with that being said...Which croc do you wear and what would you recommend? I really don't like the looks of duck feet so I'm curious as to which other one I should try. Which merchant would you recommend?

SunshineGirl
04-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't like the duck feet look either (sorry!). I wear something like the "Prima"? Is there one like that? Basic black. Just as comfortable. Works with shorts, capris, and even jeans.

3dog2kidmom
04-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Hideous, yes. Comfortable, OMG absolutely! I do admit to buying the Caymans in red and love them. The primas just don't look as comfy to me. I also just got the Athena flip flops and they are comfy, too. Not as cute as some flips but comfy and not too bad looking.

Congrats on your first pair :rotfl:

ETA: Oh, and definately go through shoebuy! Save 10% with the SR code, plus another 10% if you are a first-time or a frequent buyer purchasing within 60 days of your last purchase, and 12% back in SR credits makes them very reasonable.

missymouse
04-20-2008, 05:23 PM
I have many pairs of the Caymans-(Yellow like Mickey Mouse shoes, Pearl Disney ones, Brown, Black, Red Disney ones) , 2 pairs of the mary janes, 2 pairs of the Mammoths, 1 pair of Endeavors, 1 soon to be 3 pairs of the Cleos, 1 pair of the Alice, Primas, Scutes and Troika each. Favorites vary by season- Winter I wear my mammoths, summer finds me most often slipping on my cleos for around town and my Mary Janes for work. Not too fond of the Troika, Primas, and Alice because they run narrow and I have a wide foot. Caymans are great in Fall and Spring especially. Scutes for some reason give me a problem with my big toe on the R foot and a blister on the top of my L arch.

sammielynn
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
I am a loyal Crocs fan, the whole family is. But I tend to have trouble walking in them at the parks all day long. The nubs on the soles make my feet sore.
I have a pair of the Alice style that I have worn all winter to work and they are just the best. I also have two pair of the caymans and one beach. Love them all but I just cannot wear them in the parks all day long, makes me sad.

Mom2aPrincess
04-20-2008, 05:53 PM
I have a pair of the flip flops too. They are very comfy. I plan to order another pair this summer.

I definitly second the vote to order from shoebuy

JillyFish
04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I love my Mary Janes. I have 4 pairs in different colors. If you want a sandal, the Cleos are great. I got a pair for my birthday in late May last year and I think I wore those shoes every day of the Summer. I actually have a couple off-brand pairs that are similar to the Crocs Beach style which are also good. They have more arch support than the Cleos and Mary Janes.

The Primas and Alice styles were too narrow for my wide feet.

I recommend going someplace like Dick's and trying them on before you order a pair online so you can find what you like and what fits you best.

speechteachri
04-21-2008, 06:44 AM
y favorite aside from my Caymans are my Athens flip flops. At Disney last summer I alternated between the two and never had a problem once with my feet. Never put my feet into sneakers once.

linanglab
04-21-2008, 07:21 AM
I bought the flip flop type. I got the small. They were WAY too big. So, I have not bought any more since then. So if you have small feet, I am not sure they will fit well.....

Anyone with small feet? What kind do you buy that fits right?

Iteach
04-21-2008, 08:11 AM
I just got the Cleos and LOVE them! I also have a pair of the flip flops from last summer (the green and pink ones, gotta love those colors!) and I love those as well. I think it's like walking on air and for a person that would rather be barefoot 24/7 Crocs are the best. I have found Shoebuy to be a great place to buy any shoes so would recommend them as well. Good luck!:sunshine2:

askomsky
04-21-2008, 08:27 AM
SHoebuy hands down! I have mammouths bc I didnt' like the look either, I love them but DH and I wear them in the house as slippers and have worn them at 6am Sat/Sun morning hockey games. DS and DD5 both have them and DS wore them in the am to hockey games. They are a little big and bulky I find though. DD5 who is usually graceful etc has tripped a few times in them bc they are a little bigger then she's used to. That said we all love them for the winter time but none of my kids are allowed to wear them to school (school rules). DD5 has a pair for summer but she loves flip flops like her mom.

pbhall13
04-21-2008, 08:43 AM
When I was coming home from Orlando in March I stopped in the CROC store to see what they had because my feet were killing me and I needed some comfort! I bought the Cyprus........they have a wedge heel and don't look at all like typical crocs....and they are comfy! The look so cute with jeans! Now I think I am going to get some flip flop type.........I am like some of you in that I don't care for the duck look!

I have bought my dad and aunt the standard pair of crocs and they both rave. Both of them have issues with their feet so I was not sure how they would feel, but my aunt wears them every day! I think I may get her the ones with the lining for her birthday in the fall (she refuses to wear socks, so this would give her some warmth!

My girls love their new Scutes.........the Easter Bunny got them for the them and they wore them all over disney! and great for the pool

So which sandals would you recommend for me?????

Pamela

JillyFish
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
When I was coming home from Orlando in March I stopped in the CROC store to see what they had because my feet were killing me and I needed some comfort! I bought the Cyprus........they have a wedge heel and don't look at all like typical crocs....and they are comfy! The look so cute with jeans! Now I think I am going to get some flip flop type.........I am like some of you in that I don't care for the duck look!

I have bought my dad and aunt the standard pair of crocs and they both rave. Both of them have issues with their feet so I was not sure how they would feel, but my aunt wears them every day! I think I may get her the ones with the lining for her birthday in the fall (she refuses to wear socks, so this would give her some warmth!

My girls love their new Scutes.........the Easter Bunny got them for the them and they wore them all over disney! and great for the pool

So which sandals would you recommend for me?????

Pamela

I've been looking at the Cypress and the Sassari. How high is the heel on the Cypress? They say 3 inches, but they look higher to me. Don't think I could take much higher than that.

For sandals I really like the Cleo. I noticed there's a new style that has the criss-cross straps like the Cypress though (can't remember the name).....maybe you would like those.

pbhall13
04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I've been looking at the Cypress and the Sassari. How high is the heel on the Cypress? They say 3 inches, but they look higher to me. Don't think I could take much higher than that.

For sandals I really like the Cleo. I noticed there's a new style that has the criss-cross straps like the Cypress though (can't remember the name).....maybe you would like those.

I think 3 inches is about right! I wear flip flops all the time and I can honestly say that the Cypress is just as comfortable, but make you feel like you look better (know what I mean....nothing like a little heel on a shoe to make you stand taller)

I'll have to check out the Cleo! thanks, Pamela

luvdisney00
04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Another big time crocs fan here! I wear the caymans as slippers around the house ( in the winter I use those thick fuzzy sox under them) I wear cleos in the summer, and white Mary Janes in place of sneakers. I am also an ICU nurse (13 hours shifts on my feet) and I have the crocs professional for work. I want to try the Alice next because they are so cute.

Shoebuy is the best place to buy them, and I would second the idea of going and trying them on before buying. The fit is different from other shoes, they should be big, with space around your foot. They are so comfortable it's like walking on air. Last year, I did not bring them to WDW and I ended up buying a pair there (not a bargain!) but at least my feet were comfortable. This year I may bring them all!!!

Kittykat
04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I have a pair of Primas that I love...but I think the MaryJanes are cute, too.

I've never worn them to Disney, I've always been to chicken to go with anything other than an athletic shoe. Maybe I'll have to reconsider?!