PDA

View Full Version : I need help....

Hedy
04-21-2008, 09:52 PM
The mom wants a Cherrystone shucker/knife for Mother's Day. I've checked Sur la Table, eBay, Miles Kimball...no dice. Help, please?

mdapiggy
04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
We sell them were I work--If you want one I can ship it to you -- You won't get any credit but they are very nice a last for years.

SunshineGirl
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Would an oyster knife work, or does it have to be a very specific type?

Hedy
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Would an oyster knife work, or does it have to be a very specific type?

She claims it's a different knife because of the size. :confused::confused:

mollyeilis
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I was going to link, but realized if you did that then it would be no dice for SR getting credit (no credit for you,though).

Go through SR to amazon, put the following into the search field: B000A0PZQE

I only found it by looking up what on earth a cherrystone was, and found the word quahog...looking for that on amazon found it for me.

Still might not be what your mom wants (or what you want to spend), but maybe it's a start.

LOL at this article (http://www.capecodtravel.com/dining/quahog1098.shtml). They recommend a "coastal hardware store", but then, the link that gave me the word "quahog" said that cherrystones were a SMALL quahog, so maybe that won't even work.

Hedy
04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I was going to link, but realized if you did that then it would be no dice for SR getting credit (no credit for you,though).

Go through SR to amazon, put the following into the search field: B000A0PZQE

I only found it by looking up what on earth a cherrystone was, and found the word quahog...looking for that on amazon found it for me.

Still might not be what your mom wants (or what you want to spend), but maybe it's a start.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

mollyeilis
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
You're welcome.:)

3dog2kidmom
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
I don't know what one is, but have you tried Williams Sonoma?

Hedy
04-22-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't know what one is, but have you tried Williams Sonoma?

Yeah...I suggested Mom ask for something else, as that's not worth $120 in either of our opinions.