PDA

View Full Version : swimsuit HELP

wilsonfamily4
04-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Well I am now looking for a swimsuit. I was going to wait until later in the year when I had hopefully lost some weight BUT we are going on a few weekend getaways over the next 3-4 months where I will NEED a bathing suit. I have not bought one since before kids. And strangely enough it still fits BUT I now have some stretch marks on my thighs that I would like to hide so I am in the market for a new one. I was looking at Lands End but was wondering if you guys had any preference for shorts vs the skirts? I am fine with any type of top but want to hide some of the bottom. :) So I would like some ideas!

I LOVE summer HATE swimsuit shopping!

fourfoxesinpa
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I think the skirts are cute! II am on the short side (5' 4") and have what I call "fireplug legs" so I don't look good in the shorts at all - the skirts are much more forgiving. Guess it depends on your build. Lands End supposedly has great fitting suits that last for a long time.

I would rather ram a stick in my eye than go swimsuit shopping! :rotfl:Good luck!!!

spring
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I would rather ram a stick in my eye than go swimsuit shopping! :rotfl:Good luck!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Well said!

wilsonfamily4
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Well said!

Thanks guys for all the support:rotfl: I so wish it wasn't me shopping.

fourfoxesinpa
04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys for all the support:rotfl: I so wish it wasn't me shopping.

Hey, we feel your pain and we're here for ya! :cry:

disney_girl
04-23-2008, 07:55 PM
I haven't tried the skirts, but do like the shorts with a tankini top. Just ordered last week and waiting for the package. I hate bathing suit shopping as well!

daninyc
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
When they start selling sweatshirt-kinis I'll start bathing suit shopping :rotfl:

sammielynn
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
The one problem I have with the skirts is that they float up when you are in the water. That is sort of a bother, but it does help hide my yucky upper thighs. I would also rather poke a stick in my eye as try on swim suits.

linanglab
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I do feel your pain. I bought my swim suits last month. I do NOT enjoy shopping for that. Let me shop for ANYTHING else BUT that.....A very unenjoyable experience.....

I personally like the skirts over the shorts. I think they are cute. I actually got a little skirty 2 peice suit this time. I don't like my inner thighs....this year they have grown closer together...LOL....so...the skirt hid that. So, the skirt it was!

3dog2kidmom
04-23-2008, 10:32 PM
When they start selling sweatshirt-kinis I'll start bathing suit shopping :rotfl:

Let me know if you find any!! :rotfl:

daninyc
04-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Will do :p

wilsonfamily4
04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
bumping for some REAL help ladies! :rotfl:

Anyone have a suit they love and where did you get it? I am really struggling with this. I don't want to look old but I want to hide some areas.

sammielynn
04-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I have a Land's End suit. Check out these:
http://www.landsend.com/ix/swimwear-swimsuits/Swim/Women/Tankinis/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=644~645~652&visible=1~2~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=6&pageSize=12&pageSize=12&page=1

wilsonfamily4
04-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I have a Land's End suit. Check out these:
http://www.landsend.com/ix/swimwear-swimsuits/Swim/Women/Tankinis/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=644~645~652&visible=1~2~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=6&pageSize=12&pageSize=12&page=1

Those are the ones I am thinking of. Just want to make sure there aren't others. But it looks like Lands End is the best bet! Thanks for your help. :sunshine2: Guess I just need to go buy them!! Thanks

Candi
04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
I actually saw some cute ones at the Keizer Target that I want to go try on sometime. Cailyn was trying on clothes and didn't want me in the actual dressing room so I was waiting right outside and could see several from there but never went to see them close up. There was a really cute black and white skirt and suit. Good luck! I know I told you I had a hard time finding suits for Cailyn this year and she is only 6!!! I can't believe it has started.:hugs:

luvdisney00
04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I have a lot of suits both with the skirts and with the shorts, and I like them so much better than anything that involves bare thighs! We live near the beach, and have a pool in the neighborhood, so i need several for the summer. JC Penny always has nice ones, and they usually have mix and match. I like to buy the skirts one size up from my normal size so they don't cling. I have also had luck at Macy's and Land's end. I can't buy online unless I have tried it on (I hate having to pay to send something back) so as much as I hate it, I head to the mall to try on. I'll second the stick in the eye!!!! That sounds like fun compared to looking at my thighs in those florescent lights!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!