PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Offer

daninyc
04-23-2008, 08:23 PM
I just want to make sure I understand how it works. It won't show up in my history, not even as pending until 21 days after I complete it and when it does show up it won't be held? And is it 21 days after I sign up, or 21 days after the 2 week trial?

mjg74
04-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Mine popped up 21 days after I signed up as paid :)

daninyc
04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks so much for the help!

m 'n c
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I think you have the trial offers and shopping a tad confused. Netflix is a trial offer meaning it can credit and be put on hold once they credit SR. When it goes on hold it holds until the 15th of the following month not 21 days. I think Netflix waits at least until you complete the trial period before giving credits to SR so it will probably take about 2 weeks or maybe 3 (if its manual) for it to show up in your history.

Does that make sense at all?

daninyc
04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
I was confused because it says
New Netflix memberships only. Must stay past 14 day free trial. Credits are given 21 days after signup but will not be held by us at that point.

m 'n c
04-23-2008, 11:02 PM
hmm. then maybe netflix is different in that they don't turn over id's until they give credit? If that is the case then its great for new members (I signed up before joining SR and love the service - fyi).

daninyc
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I switched from Blockbuster. I like watching movies but in reality I don't have much time to sit and watch one. Even when I'm on here I'm back and forth, so the $8.99 plan with Netflix is great for me.

BTW- I think I know why they do it that way with the credits. The trial is 14 days, so by crediting you after 21 days they are sure you stayed past the free trial, which is a requirement of the offer.

m 'n c
04-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I switched from Blockbuster. I like watching movies but in reality I don't have much time to sit and watch one. Even when I'm on here I'm back and forth, so the $8.99 plan with Netflix is great for me.

BTW- I think I know why they do it that way with the credits. The trial is 14 days, so by crediting you after 21 days they are sure you stayed past the free trial, which is a requirement of the offer.

Yup and thus no need for Tricia to worry about revoking credits. Pretty smart on Netflix's part.