PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Spending Your Tax Money On?

SunshineGirl
04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Tax checks are coming....both the general rebates and the special ones. So what are you spending your money on? (note...this isn't a debate about spending the money versus saving it...if you want to save it, more power to you. But we want to know if you ARE going to spend it, what you plan on spending it on.)

sammielynn
04-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I almost feel bad about how I am going to spend mine but not bad enough to not do it. I'm buying Non-expiring Disney tickets. The price will never go down and I would never sink that much money into tickets without the rebate. And now we have tickets for at least two maybe three trips.

faithhope
04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
a used car...my current car is dying...I haven't decided on what make or model yet though. I bought my current car from a rental company...and will probably do that again this time.

iluvamystery89
04-26-2008, 12:12 PM
i need a car, but the stimulus rebate surely won't buy one, lol. part of our tax rebate is already gone-we went on vacation to gatlinburg, paid car insurance, life insurance and some small bills. our stimulus rebate is going to pay 2 house payments and part of next year's disney trip :sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I've already spent my actual tax refund, and I'm going to try really hard to be good and do the same with the stimulus check too - both went/are going towards debt. I think I'm going to use the stimulus check almost totally towards my car (I'm so anxious to get it paid off now that the end is in sight).

kimntrent
04-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Mine is going right back to taxes. Nothing fun here.

Alice28
04-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Times like this where I love that I have 3 kids. :rotfl:

Seriously, this is what we're going to do: tires for DH's truck, new swimsuits for DH and I (hello landsend.com & SR $$), and the rest will be put aside for our WDW trip in June. I still need to pay for our park tickets, so that is about the exact amount.:sunshine:

Jusacuz
04-26-2008, 01:45 PM
My regular refund was gone in Feb. It went on bills and two cruises. the rebate will be going on the rest of one debt and airplane tickets for my Sept. cruise, hotel for a June trip to Seattle and maybe passes to Silverwood (a local theme park).

askomsky
04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Probably DS's hockey "tution/payment" whatever you want to call it, just know it's a lot! lol Some towards their college funds, and possibly new tires for my van.

mjjmbnmm
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
ours is going toward new tires, my trip to San Fran, six flags season passes, and the rest towards the SR cruise.

nolacindy
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Paying off a small CC and taking a trip home to Indiana to see the family, havent been up there in 2 years.

LyndaM
04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Booking our 15th anniversary cruise! We're splurging for a suite!

barbaraapple
04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
regular refund has been long gone:sick:

rebate will be used on DS braces

catnapfan
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Used regular refund to pay down credit cards. Stimulis money will go to our WDW trip in August. That and the free dining were the determining factors in our going to Disney this year.

MKelley226
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Using some to pay off the cabin we are renting at a campsite in 2 months. Then catching up on a few bills and hopefully save some of the rest for Disney next year and spend some on vacation this year.

arob414
04-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Tax refund - misc stuff, opening the pool, DD12's broken ankle, DDog12's medical bills, but most of it went into savings. The stimilus check will be used stimulating the economy in Disney World, next month.

luvdisney00
04-26-2008, 06:41 PM
DISNEY! When I subtract my deposit and free dining, it's almost exactly the right amount. (the stimulus check). The regular refund went to pay for putting hardwood floors into my living room and dining room, which was done in Dec.

disney_girl
04-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, our new fridge came today:heart:. And we got new living room furniture. Other than that, DH and I haven't really bought clothes in a long time, so I think it's time to update our wardrobe a bit.

CindyS
04-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Nothing nearly as much fun as some of you. Ours will go toward DD's college tuition bill. :(

mom2ian
04-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Both checks were supposed to go to paying on the cc, but since our TV went out last week we will buying a new TV. I also need to buy some software for a class I'm taking this summer.

spring
04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
We own a travel trailer parked seasonally at a campground. Our regular refund paid the rent for the season plus some small bills. The stimulus check? I'm really not sure if we are getting very much, but I guess it will just go into savings.

lmroyea
04-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Already posted about this in a previous thread, but our stimulous check went towards my new ring. BTW I got my ring this week. It's gorgeous! And I have to say I LOVE MyJewelryBox.com They have a wonderful customer service team and great products. Will definetly shop with them again (when DH is ready to buy me something again:rotfl:)

llgray16
04-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Glad to see so much stimulating going on :)

Part of mine is going into savings and part is going towards the DVC that I am buying with my parents.

mrs.knip
04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Our small refund just went into our savings. The stimilus check will go towards paying off our bed so that we can get new living room furniture and if there is enough left I am hoping to put it towards glasses for DH, Me, and DD.

speechteachri
04-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I almost feel bad about how I am going to spend mine but not bad enough to not do it. I'm buying Non-expiring Disney tickets. The price will never go down and I would never sink that much money into tickets without the rebate. And now we have tickets for at least two maybe three trips.

Well, this was our first plan....but...

We really are getting much more back than we anticipated, so...we have been looking for a while for a decent deal on a used hard side camper to replace our pop-up (read as: we have been looking for a steal on an older, but well kept trailer that are very hard to come by) and after an exhaustive search, we found one today!!!!:cooldance: Great trailer and a GREAT deal!! So our refund will go to pay for that and the stablizers for the truck and new tires on the trailer.:sunshine2:

It was a good day today!!:sunshine2:

disneyforever
04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
We are spending ours on Disney, Disney, and more Disney. We are going
to Disneyworld for 1 week in September and 2 weeks 3 days in December,
so we are buying annual passes this year. The money will go towards
these. :mickey:

Elaine

sunshinecindy
04-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Tax Refund :rotfl:,:rotfl::rotfl::, sorry, lost it there for a minute...no refund.

Stimulus check....paying off my new appliances. :( nothing fun.

PSL1013
04-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Tax Refund :rotfl:,:rotfl: sorry, lost it there for a minute...no refund.

Tax Refund?? :rotfl: I'll laugh right along with you but here in CT. we also have a State Income Tax which we also had to pay.....so our Stimulus check is going to stimulate our bank account! :rotfl:

MooseBrains
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
We are still walking with Peace and using the money to pay down debt! We will be taking our first ever paid in full using cash trip to Disney in September.

Hedy
04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
No refund for me. And my stimulus check is going towards paying off my car.

AdventurerKat
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
When the stimulus check comes, part is going into savings. Part is going for tires. Part is going for the deposit for the free dining trip I booked last week. And what's left is being split up between DH and I to spend on whatever we each want to spend it on. Which means my part will undoubtedly be handed over to the mouse.

saffymom
04-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Part of ours will be invested in our mutual funds. We are using part of it to pay for a trip to Great Wolf Lodge in May, and DH is spending most of the rest on hockey playoff tickets.

fanofree
04-27-2008, 04:43 PM
My refund went into the vacation savings account. The stimulus check will go to the same place. But, as you can see from my tickers, they won't stay there very long. :rotfl:

jollytammy
04-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Part of it is going toward out Disney cruise Thanksgiving '09.

bellanlivismom
04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
We are buying a new air conditioner. Anything that is let is going to pay for the furnace that we financed back in November. It is only at 1% but you know, if I could just get rid of that payment. It would be great!

nolacindy
04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone has recieved theirs yet? I read on the DIS that some have went out early!

tommygirl79
04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm pretty sure we are getting our full $1800 and I am paying the vast majority of our December WDW off with it!!!! Wahoo!!! :mickey::minnie:

wilsonfamily4
04-28-2008, 11:27 AM
It's hard to figure out what we are using ours on as we get my hubbys overtime and bonus check at the same time, he is a CPA. This is the time of the year that we get to actually do some bigger things. We bought the playground at Costco on Saturday, are putting in some more vinyl fence to finish what we started years ago, going to the Redwoods and have a couple of weekends trips planned. I also bought some new clothes!! So it went to some of that!

penn19
04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
We had major hail damage here a couple of months ago. Our deductible is 1% so the check will go towards half of that. Roofs are not very exciting:(

mjg74
04-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Just wondering if anyone has recieved theirs yet? I read on the DIS that some have went out early!

I havent got ours, but a friend got hers in her account on Saturday.

Our regular refund was spent on bills. The stimulus is going to our October trip to the Poly!

Kaler5131
04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
We are using ours to buy a new fridge, dishwasher, & stove. :)

Magical JenK
04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Was going to save it...but IF it helps the economy, I'll do my patriotic duty!! :flag: Probably a new garage door & the rest will go towards December's Disney trip!! :mickey::minnie::love:

MrsWonka
04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
We were going to by DH and I a new King Sized Bed (DH is 6'4" and our Queen is just getting too small), patio furniture for our new place and a new gas grill. But, I just got DH's CC bill, I may have to put some to that...so now I don't know. Our regular rebate went to getting our new house.

piglet-for-me
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
We spent ours today on a new hot water heater. It was either that or cold showers forever as the other one sprung a leak yesterday. No fun but it did come in handy.

DisneyMa
04-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Saving for right now. We might take some money and go play for a day with the kids.

savannahbetsy
04-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Ours will go on our trip to Disney in September! :cooldance:

howdyfrtx
04-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Our refund and stimulus rebate should be coming around the same time. We will pay cc bills, put some in savings and buy new tires for myself and DH. Which is the last thing I want to do with money but oh well.

pbhall13
04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
As for the regular tax refund, which I rec'd in Feb!, some for new vinyl fencing for front of house, some lawn work (minor), my unexpected root canal!, new front door (still have to order), new pool liner and little left over for dd8 first communion party (this Sunday).

As for the stimulus one....still not sure how much, but hoping to use that towards buying some DVC points. If not I am sure I can find something to spend it on....

When I write it out it seems like I got a lot back, but in reality I guess I just have been learning how to stretch a buck!

Pamela

wisconsinmom
05-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, we saved the $ from our tax return. DH owns a business and times are pretty tough right now so we put the $ into savings as a "rainy day" fund.

With our stimulus check we are going to pay off our August disney cruise:)

Hedy
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
We are still walking with Peace and using the money to pay down debt! We will be taking our first ever paid in full using cash trip to Disney in September.

Enjoy your trip, MooseBrains! I bet Dave's proud of you. :rotfl::rotfl: