PDA

View Full Version : Question about shipping

bellanlivismom
04-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Do any of you ship stuff to your resort? I am thinking about doing this, just some snacks and pull ups for Liv because she still uses them at night. If you have when do you send it?

Mom2aPrincess
04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I shipped last time we made a summer trip, and I plan to do so again this time now that the airlines have decided we can only check one bag.

I plan to mail mine 2 weeks before we'll be there. At most 2 1/2 weeks. I'll ship regular mail with delivery confirmation so that I can print the delivery confirmation and take with me

bellanlivismom
04-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks! I did not know how long it could be there. I am going to mail regular mail as well, this trip is costing me enough! hehehehe. My mom thinks that I am crazy. But when packing with 2 small children, i just think that it is worth it. snacks take up a lot of room!

We bought our tickets in October so we are not hitting the only one suitcase rule, but I still don't think that I could pack EVERYTHING that I wanted for all of us in the 2 per person that we get, 10 days is a long time when you are packing clothes too.

Thanks again for your help!

Do you put your reservation # on the address label?

zoodoyle
04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
We've never done this before, but we're planning to for our August trip. We're hoping to be able to just have a carry-on each (including ones for the kids), and ship a big box of snack stuff/diapers/maybe a couple extra outfits to the hotel. I might also ship our pins for trading, so I don't have to worry about any possible problem with taking them on the plane in carry-on. I'm trying to decide if we should ship bottled water to the hotel as well....

bellanlivismom
04-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm trying to decide if we should ship bottled water to the hotel as well....

Me too!!! Staples is the one that delivers to the resort right??

zoodoyle
04-28-2008, 09:04 PM

I believe so, though I'm pretty sure the shipping is no longer free like it used to be?! I've also heard Costco ships water (though we aren't members so I don't think we can go that route). Maybe there are other options out there as well?

bellanlivismom
04-28-2008, 09:15 PM
We are not members either, I don;t think we even have them in WI, if we do, it is not near me! We are renting a car 4 days in, but my youngest goes through water like there is no tomorrow. And my brother, who is going with, goes through diet coke just as quickly! But at least Disney is a coke friendly place :rotfl:

Mom2aPrincess
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks! I did not know how long it could be there. I am going to mail regular mail as well, this trip is costing me enough! hehehehe. My mom thinks that I am crazy. But when packing with 2 small children, i just think that it is worth it. snacks take up a lot of room!

We bought our tickets in October so we are not hitting the only one suitcase rule, but I still don't think that I could pack EVERYTHING that I wanted for all of us in the 2 per person that we get, 10 days is a long time when you are packing clothes too.

Thanks again for your help!

Do you put your reservation # on the address label?

You put the name the reservation is under, date you'll arrive and your reservation number. Disney asks for the reservation number. I've heard paranoid people that don't and still get their packages, but I did as Disney requests to be safe.

We've never done this before, but we're planning to for our August trip. We're hoping to be able to just have a carry-on each (including ones for the kids), and ship a big box of snack stuff/diapers/maybe a couple extra outfits to the hotel. I might also ship our pins for trading, so I don't have to worry about any possible problem with taking them on the plane in carry-on. I'm trying to decide if we should ship bottled water to the hotel as well....

I used Staples the last two trips for water, and I plan to ship our pins this time too. I think that with Staples maybe there's now a minimum price before free shipping? Look for things you can always use like ink or such that is light weight and you could slide into a suitcase or mail back to your house and you can still get to that price. I was thinking maybe a memory card for my camera so that I can use it at Disney too.