PDA

View Full Version : question for mac users

daninyc
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Do you find it better to use Safari or Firefox? I have been using Firefox but about 3/4 of my offers don't credit. I clear my cookies daily. I'm thinking my browser may be the issue.

bellanlivismom
04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I use Firefox for most things. I had a streak for a while where nothing would credit in Firefox and at that point I switched and started doing offers in Safari. It has been better. When I started you could not do daily surveys with Safari which is why I switched to Firefox. I guess I would try a couple, especially ones that a lot of people have gotten credit for, in Safari and see if it works any better for you.

I also have trouble getting Modpath offers to credit. I am not sure why. I have done them in both browsers and still no luck, but who knows the reason why.

Good luck!

daninyc
04-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks so much! I'm going to try one now in Safari.

Update: I did an offer that everyone seems to have crediting on the hour and it didn't credit.

bellanlivismom
04-29-2008, 09:05 AM
hmmmm, can I ask what offer you did? I will look back at my sheet and see if it went through for me.

Yesterday I did the glamlist one in Safari (it is a manual credit so it will not appear right away) and it credited this morning. I also did Paid Signup: PPO: Samsung Blu-Ray. This one I did in Firefox and it credited right away.

daninyc
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I did the freeprizegiveaway $10000 getaway offer.

bellanlivismom
04-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I did get credit for this one. I did it in Safari. However, it is not a fast crediting so it may be that Tricia has to load it in manually. Although someone said that it credited on the hour. I am not sure, I do not keep track of when they credit only IF they credit.

Did you try the bluray or the diabetic info offer. I did both of these in Firefox and they credited right away or on the hour.

If you use Safari, also check that the browser is allowing you to use cookies. If not that will interfere. Also, I try and make it a habit to clear cookies only once right away in the morning.

I hope we find something that works for you!

daninyc
05-01-2008, 08:08 AM
I did the Diabetes and bluray ones and they both credited. I also did the glamlist offer but it didn't credit. I did it 2 days ago. :computer:

daninyc
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Are we possibly the only Mac users on SR? :confused:

bellanlivismom
05-02-2008, 06:54 PM
If we are...there is a pod cast that you could listen to. hehehe. It is actually my husband's. He does a mac vs PC show about which is better. Kinda funny actually. I just like not really having to worry about things with the mac, you turn it on and it always works!

I saw that you got some things to credit in the automatic credits thread.... Things that I have never gotten to credit. I have tried the fast web 5 or 6 times.

daninyc
05-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I love those "I'm a Mac" commercials.

I did those offers in Safari. I have decided there is no rhyme or reason and I will just accept whatever the offer fairy gives me! lol

bellanlivismom
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I like the mac commercials as well.

The only ones that I KNOW will not credit for me are the modpath ones and if i know that they are I don't bother. Otherwise, we could always try and slip the offer fairy a $20. :rotfl:

lurkyloo
05-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Wait - so we can do the daily surveys in Safari now? I switched to Firefox because I could never get the surveys to work on Safari.

I guess I'm the third Mac user on Sunshine Rewards... :rotfl:

bellanlivismom
05-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I am not sure about the Daily surveys, I still do those in Firefox. However, I have been able to do the Supermember surveys in Safari with no issue.