PDA

View Full Version : Lost Offer

SunshineGirl
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
We just got word that we lost one of our offers that performs really well (FreeGiftCardsNow) because too many people were just filling out the first page or two and not actually completing the offer. So they pulled out as an advertiser. :(

Blessing and Miracle
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
So sorry, Tricia! I try to always go all the way through and request at least a few of the free newsletter and or mailings.:(

disney_girl
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm so sorry Tricia! That hurts us all!! I always go to the end until I can't go any further, but guess not everyone has been. :(

kimntrent
04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I am guility sometimes because they lock up on me and I have to get out. But I always go through the end. Actually when you have to click yes on an offer I have found some great offers from those. Like the free cooking recipes that come to my email and the overstock emails. I actually look forward to those.

Kim

linanglab
04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
That is really too bad. I always to to the very end - and even click on the offers, even though it says it is optional. I guess I do it selfishly, because I want to make sure that it will credit. I didn't realize that those offers will go away if we didn't go to the end. That is a double reason to continue to there is nothing else to fill out, click on ,etc.

askomsky
04-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, like others I always go to the end, until I can't go any further. Once in a great while my pc may lock up but I can't recall anytime recently that, that has happened. It stinks that some people take advantage of this.

missymouse
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM
We just got word that we lost one of our offers that performs really well (FreeGiftCardsNow) because too many people were just filling out the first page or two and not actually completing the offer. So they pulled out as an advertiser. :(

Do you mean people not fully completing the Silver, Gold and Platinum offers or just the first few pages. If you complete all the Silver, Gold and Platinum offers some ask you for you could be out alot of money. Just clarifying what they mean by not actually completing the offer. I go as far as I can go before I have to pay anything out of pocket because it just isn't worth it to me to earn .35- $1 and pay out $20-$50 without a guarantee that I will get the Free Gift Card or even the .35-$1. I did one of these once and it took almost 2 years to get the card that they offered.

bartleby1
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM

Tricia - what exactly do they mean that too many people were not actually completing the offer? Was it not going to the end? Or not actually saying "yes" to any of the yes/no questions? Or was it not signing up for any of the silver/gold offers at the end? I kind of always assumed that an offer wouldn't credit if we didn't give them what they wanted. But, apparently, in this case we would get credit but didn't do what they wanted? I guess I'm just not sure exactly what they want. Did they give any further information?

iluvamystery89
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
i'm so sorry :( i always go to the end of the offer and even request newsletters and such-i thought it was necessary for the offer to credit. of course, being relatively new, sometimes i don't know if i've done everything right to get credit, but i do try. i hope this is an isolated incident and it doesn't deter other advertisers, b/c i LOVE it here!

3dog2kidmom
04-29-2008, 05:48 PM
:(

Maybe it's already there, but do we say in the SR FAQ that it is advised to go all the way to the end of the offers? I always do, now, but at first I didn't know that.

mjjmbnmm
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, like others have said I always go as far as I can without having to pay, is that reason? noone was doing the silver, plat. offers?

spring
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Hmmmm........I guess I don't know what they want then. I always do the complete offer, even choosing from the silver, gold platinum offers (if it asks you to fill out two silver, I at least click on two silver, etc.) I never purchase anything that I don't want, but at least I go through the offer completely.

I'd feel a lot better about this if we could get clarification as to what is wanted.

jnorth1007
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Those of you who are going through the whole offer are fine. I would assume that it is the people who enter their email address and demo info and then close out that are causing the problem. I am sure that if it is something more Tricia will let us know but I am almost positive that issue is with not going all the way through. You should go all the way through the offer whether or not you actually decide to accept any of the offers.

missymouse
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Those of you who are going through the whole offer are fine. I would assume that it is the people who enter their email address and demo info and then close out that are causing the problem. I am sure that if it is something more Tricia will let us know but I am almost positive that issue is with not going all the way through. You should go all the way through the offer whether or not you actually decide to accept any of the offers.

If this is the case I am fine, but if it is because not enough people are actually doing the Silver, Gold, Platinum offer I am guilty of that. I always click on the number they say and look at the ad but never fill out the info and pay for the service/product. I did that exactly one time for a $100 Converse Gift Card. Spent probably $30 for the things required and waited two years for the GC. I did finally get in, but it involved e-mailing every 2-3 months inquiring why it was approved to be mailed

zoodoyle
04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I have to admit, I saw the title of this thread and got really excited - thought there was an offer that had something to do with "LOST". :p ......bummer that instead it's actually bad news. Count me as another who goes until I can go no further - always assumed I wouldn't get credit otherwise :sunshine:

jenvance
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I always go all the way to the complete the silver gold offers page. I don't go any further because I don't want to pay money.

arob414
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I always go thru to the end because I figure that is my best chance for getting credit.

mirandag819
05-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I have to admit, I saw the title of this thread and got really excited - thought there was an offer that had something to do with "LOST". :p ......bummer that instead it's actually bad news. Count me as another who goes until I can go no further - always assumed I wouldn't get credit otherwise :sunshine:

I'm a little late reading this, but I thought the same thing ! I thought it was an offer that had to do with "LOST" I was so excited ! :)