PDA

View Full Version : SunshineGirl Hits Fresno??

SunshineGirl
04-29-2008, 06:21 PM
So who is close to Fresno? It looks like I might be making a trip to CA in June. :sunshine:

mollyeilis
04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
I used to live around there growing up. Does that count?

You should really go down to So Cal for Disneyland while you're out there. June 7 there's a just-being-planned meet-up of women from a certain disney fan message board going on. :p

Have fun in Fresno!

m4travels
04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
So who is close to Fresno? It looks like I might be making a trip to CA in June. :sunshine:

Ah, Fresno... the raisin capitol.

Remember the show Fresno sort of based on Dallas and Knots Landing and Dynasty? Wasn't it Carol Burnett who starred in that?

Yee Haw, T may show up in CA!!!

We've got a HUGE dog show the 3rd weekend but hopefully if it's any other time Dude and Partner Dude would love to partake of any gatherings planned!!!

missangie
04-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Why ya headed to Fresno?

SunshineGirl
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
SG has some training out there, and it looks like it would be around the 11th and 12th. As it turns out, my girls are going to be with SG's parents that week. So we figured that I might as well go out with them. His aunt lives in Santa Barbara, and we have been promising for 10 years that we would visit.

Strangely, I've never been to CA. So I figured I would jump on the chance!

wilsonfamily4
04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Strangely, I've never been to CA. So I figured I would jump on the chance!

WHAT?!?!
You must go. California is wonderful, well just for visits. :) No offense my neighbors!

There is so much to do down there! Go and have a blast!

mollyeilis
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Sounds like you should start off in So Cal, meet up with unknown people at DL (not me, we're going to DL starting Mem Day weekend and my hubby might revolt if I try to sneak away just a week after we get back!), hang out with the aunt in Santa Barbara (a soap opera name, if we're talking about cities that have shows named after them), then end the trip in the Fres.

Maybe you'll need to jump over to Santa Cruz and play at the Beach Boardwalk before going home.

OK, maybe that's a little too much. :p

sabrina90744
04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm not near Fresno, but my family originated in that area! Fresno in June is H-O-T and really not much to do there. Take the drive down here to L.A. its only 3 or 4 hour drive!!

SunshineGirl
04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately, SG's company is based in Fresno. So we have to spend at least a couple of days there. But I am glad to hear that it is only 3-4 hours to LA. I think we could probably do Fresno for two days (I'll work from the hotel while he works on site), then Santa Barbara for a day, then LA for a day. If I can get the right flights, we could be back to get the girls then by Saturday night.

Blessing and Miracle
04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
You've gotta go to San Francisco!

faithhope
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
:party::party:
How exciting Sunshine in California!!

sabrina90744
04-29-2008, 09:10 PM

ITA! If I had the choice, I would go with San Francisco, its such a beautiful city.But since you are going to Santa Barbara you would be closer to L.A.

SunshineGirl
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I actually have a couple of friends from high school who live in San Francisco and they just left me a facebook message the other day asking when I am coming to visit.

Oh, decisions...decisions. I wonder if I could find a way to do it all??

DisneyMa
04-29-2008, 09:35 PM

If you come this way you would be very close to me!! I don't know why you would want to visit San Francisco (I'd rather be in Anaheim!!:rotfl:)

If you need help with the bay area, let me know:D

3dog2kidmom
04-29-2008, 09:51 PM

I'm going to San Francisco in August for work. I can't wait!!

Magical JenK
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh, decisions...decisions. I wonder if I could find a way to do it all??

Tricia-if anyone could find a way to do it all it would be you!! Good luck deciding & have fun!!

sunshinecindy
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM

You were almost born there. When I was younger and PPG was expanding to Fresno, we were going to move there.

Blessing and Miracle
04-30-2008, 12:30 AM
San Francisco is simply beautiful! We went Summer 06, for three days after or trip to DisneyLand! We actually stayed in Marin County, about a half mile across the Golden Gate Bridge! If possible, at least go for one day and do Pier 39! AWESOME! You could actually spend the entire day just at that one attraction!! We definitely plan to go back!

Alice28
04-30-2008, 02:12 AM
what Fresno is closest to is Yosemite. Go see half-dome!

But really, I would go to DL- you gotta go to DL!

sabrina90744
04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
San Francisco is simply beautiful! We went Summer 06, for three days after or trip to DisneyLand! We actually stayed in Marin County, about a half mile across the Golden Gate Bridge! If possible, at least go for one day and do Pier 39! AWESOME! You could actually spend the entire day just at that one attraction!! We definitely plan to go back!

ITA! Just taking a trolley down to Pier 39, taking the harbor cruise around Alcatraz, under the Golden Gate. I love the way the City looks from Alcatraz..

MrsWonka
04-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Choices....choices...I am born and raised in Northern CA (You know, where they make all the wine)...my in-laws have a cabin by Yosemite and we love it there, SF is good for shopping, Anaheim has DL and So Cal has great beaches (our beaches up here are rocky and cold, not too good for swimming...) If you could swing it, I would start in Northern CA, do wine tasting in Napa one day, SF the next, then go do your thing in Fresno and finish up in Santa Barbara. But that is just a thought...have fun.

SunshineGirl
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
It looks like we are a "go"! We'll be arriving in San Francisco on June 8, then heading to Fresno June 10. Then onto Santa Barbara June 11 and LA the 12th!!

wilsonfamily4
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Good choices. You wil enjoy your visit!

sabrina90744
05-06-2008, 11:33 AM
It looks like we are a "go"! We'll be arriving in San Francisco on June 8, then heading to Fresno June 10. Then onto Santa Barbara June 11 and LA the 12th!!

Your going to love it!! Cali is beautiful!! Are you driving from city to city?

Candi
05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I love California. Growing up, we went to San Francisco just about every summer. My dad's friend lived there and we would visit. You have to go to Ghiradelli!!!

Candi
05-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I love California. Growing up, we went to San Francisco just about every summer. My dad's friend lived there and we would visit. You have to go to Ghiradelli!!!

ItsmeSunnyV
05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
:eek: Are ya'll planning an Cali meet without me?!?! I sure hope not!! hehe

SunshineGirl
05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
:eek: Are ya'll planning an Cali meet without me?!?! I sure hope not!! hehe

I guess that depends on whether you want to meet us. LOL! Where do you live in relation to all of the places I will be visiting?

ItsmeSunnyV
05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I live 45 minutes away from L.A (that's without traffic) :p

I have kinda been MIA for awhile, and I am seriously trying to get myself back on track around here. I missed ya all too much to stay away any longer. lol And I see so many new people that I can't wait to meet. :sunshine:

Alice28
05-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Let's make it a game for Tricia- how many places featured in Soarin, can she hit in the week she's in CA? :rotfl:

ItsmeSunnyV
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
lol :sunshine2:

~Kathie
05-07-2008, 11:07 AM
We visited Northern California for 10 days in January. It was COLD and rainy the entire time. We made the best of it.

We visted the city, the Golden Gate, and Muir Woods to see the redwoods. We had friends that live in Discovery Bay and they took us around.

From there we went to Monterey for a few days and spent some time in Carmel.

California is a beautiful state. You will love it. If you decide to go to Anaheim and only have a little time choose Disneyland over California Adventure. It's where Walt walked. :)

I usually go out every year to go to the NFFC convention in Anaheim in July. Sad that I am not going to be able to make that convention this year.

Sounds like a great trip.

SunshineGirl
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Let's make it a game for Tricia- how many places featured in Soarin, can she hit in the week she's in CA? :rotfl:

I do kind of feel like that! And you can just imagine what I will look like dragging SunshineGuy by his collar from place to place to place. :rotfl: