PDA

View Full Version : You Can Run But You Can't Hide From Greenfield

SunshineGirl
05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Just a word of warning for those of you who are doing Greenfield daily surveys on more than one site. If they catch you, they will request that the rewards site ban you. And it's hard to argue with someone who pays our bills each month.

We received word this morning that one of our members has been taking multiple Gf surveys on multiple rewards sites. They know who you are and where you are taking the surveys. Even if you are clearing cookies and using different email addresses, they can track you. It might be great while it lasts to make $5-$10 a day on surveys. But once you get banned, you will be making $0.

I'm not judging and I'm not calling out names. I don't think that the person we are banning today is even a member of the forum. But they ARE looking over their stats VERY carefully these days and you WILL get caught eventually. And I will be sad for you that you can't make money and sad for me that you put my site in jeopardy.

The good news is that the rest of you are doing great (99.999% of the survey takers) and GF is no longer punishing the whole of the group for the mistakes of a few.

askomsky
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Wow, that's so sad that someone is trying to take advantage of the system and glad that they can't ruin it for the rest of us. What's even sadder is that this person has that much TIME on their hands to do more!

It really is good to hear that it won't effect the 99.9999% if people who are trying to do it right! :sunshine:

askomsky
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Just a word of warning for those of you who are doing Greenfield daily surveys on more than one site. If they catch you, they will request that the rewards site ban you. And it's hard to argue with someone who pays our bills each month.

We received word this morning that one of our members has been taking multiple Gf surveys on multiple rewards sites. They know who you are and where you are taking the surveys. Even if you are clearing cookies and using different email addresses, they can track you. It might be great while it lasts to make $5-$10 a day on surveys. But once you get banned, you will be making $0.

I'm not judging and I'm not calling out names. I don't think that the person we are banning today is even a member of the forum. But they ARE looking over their stats VERY carefully these days and you WILL get caught eventually. And I will be sad for you that you can't make money and sad for me that you put my site in jeopardy.

The good news is that the rest of you are doing great (99.999% of the survey takers) and GF is no longer punishing the whole of the group for the mistakes of a few.

Quick question.....
I'm going to assume since SR has it set up that SM's can take an extra one that, that's not an issue right? Just wanted to make sure that GF isn't looking at it like we're cheating if we do a DS and SM survey...

linanglab
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Hey! Maybe I will put Greenfield on my carpet case (another thread FYI) LOL!

Glad that they can see it as a case by case. It would be bad for a few people to ruin it for the rest, and worse to jeopardize Sunshine Rewards. There would be a LONG line of unhappy people if something happened to "our" site! We would all be fighting on who would be leading the pack! LOL

iluvamystery89
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
what a relief to know the actions of a few won't result in penalties for all! i'm sorry the person must be banned, but i'm sure they knew what would happen when they got caught. i only take surveys on SR (even though i get junk mail from other sites) and i love it here! :sunshine2:

bartleby1
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Ok, now I have a question. I really didn't think this was an issue but maybe it is? Is it ok for me to do a greenfield survey at SR using my email addy and DH to do one on another site with his email? I assumed this was ok since I don't do the SM survey and we are two different people although we are from the same IP address. I figured it was the same as one of us doing a regular daily survey and one of us doing the SM survey, but is this a no-no too?

cglaura
05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok, for clarification. I do one other site, I know we cant' post names here, but it is someone Tricia has met and has said good things about. I do stuff there that isn't offered here and use it for my trip snack money.

I will occasionally (and I mean once a month if that, usually every other month) do a ds over there if I'm in need of a point range to push me to a cashout amount before the month ends (it is a my2cents type).

On the day I do that, I use the same email/demos I use here, BUT, I don't do one here that day b/c they both come from greenfield.

So I guess my ? boils down to...it is ok to do on other sites, so long as it is not the same day. Correct? One survey per day is their guideline. I still don't get how that allows for a ds & an sm though, so I've been afraid to even try for an sm.

And I'm sorry, I'm not suggesting going to other sites. I just started SR and this other at the same time (or at least started to get in the swing of it), so I kind of feel loyal to both, but SR is my main site. The only way I can describe it is kind of like going to the same grocery store all the time, but when you need something quick you run into the minimart? :p

MooseBrains
05-01-2008, 12:29 PM
You all bring up good points. I asked DH to join because I think SR is great and if he just takes 1 hour a day he could make money also for Disney.

He uses a different computer but we are on a wireless network. He does all the questions and doesn't mind yet. I do my daily and GF each day. At least this is the only reward site we belong to and it meets my needs...dole whips!

Is this ok or is it one person from each household? And just when I thought I had most of the questions asked:)

lrsellars
05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I know that I'm afraid to do anything that looks suspicious. Yesterday dh did a survey at work and told me about it so I posted it on the forum. Late last night, at home, (after a huge issue with the children, etc.) I asked him if he did a survey today. I didn't remember him doing it and he didn't either and I didn't even think about looking in the forum so he said he would do one. Needless to say he wasn't very happy about my nagging but he know that every one counts towards our trips. Then today, we get credit for two surveys. I freak out because I don't want for this to be a problem. I look in the forum and realize he did do one in the morning. So I tell him to not even attempt one today so as to not "double dip." I do know that he kind of likes the surveys because he has some neat comments about them and especially if he sees something he's taken a survey on in the stores. Also, he's starting to like SR more and more each day. Everytime I make a purchase, he makes the comments "see if you can get it on YOUR SR thing." I think he's trying to not let on how much he appreciates SR but I'm feeling the "hook on the line" getting tight. He nearly fell over the other day when I told him how much I missed out on by not buying our really expensive strollers through SR. I completely forgot about the shopping links. I don't think he's going to let me forget another large purchase again.

MooseBrains
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
lrsellars,

Your DH sounds a lot like mine. He is seeing how much I am saving for Disney and I told him if he would just do the Daily and OTX that we would have twice as much for Disney.

He complains sometimes but I think really he likes the $$. Funny, men are just that way.

m 'n c
05-01-2008, 12:57 PM
You all bring up good points. I asked DH to join because I think SR is great and if he just takes 1 hour a day he could make money also for Disney.

He uses a different computer but we are on a wireless network. He does all the questions and doesn't mind yet. I do my daily and GF each day. At least this is the only reward site we belong to and it meets my needs...dole whips!

Is this ok or is it one person from each household? And just when I thought I had most of the questions asked:)

Per the FAQ on the SR page:

Am I allowed to have more than one account?
We allow one account per household. In addition, we allow only one account per computer. In the event that two accounts are registered from the same household or using the same computer, the accounts will be deleted.

So I think he has to stop or both of your accounts will be flagged and banned.

sabrina90744
05-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Man, I can barely keep up with SR! Where in the world do people find time for other sites!!

piglet-for-me
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm glad they are looking at it individually as well.

I too wonder where someone has the time to do that many surveys. I bet their not spending time doing the ice cream one that so many of us had this morning. That was upward of 40+ minutes and long. I can't imagine doing mulitple ones like that in a day.

I find since the issue with the surveys a while ago, that I get very nerveous over doing it correctly. Not that I ever intentially did anything wrong but I want to do it right. The other day I received double credit for a daily survey. I opened a trouble ticket but the bottom line is that unless they revoke the $$, they are in my account to stay. I would have felt a little better if my account would have be deducted. Maybe it still will be in time.

In our house, we've decided it's best if we just keep with the same person even for the OTX, although I know some change who is doing them. I hardly ever qualify for them, so my husband tries to take them.

Mom2aPrincess
05-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Another question that just occured to me. I do not do any surveys on any other reward site, but greenfield emails me directly and I do their surveys from time to time as well as some other survey companies, but to stick to the point -does doing a survey directly from greenfield cause any problems with doing the ds here?

Mom2aPrincess
05-01-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm glad they are looking at it individually as well.

I too wonder where someone has the time to do that many surveys. I bet their not spending time doing the ice cream one that so many of us had this morning. That was upward of 40+ minutes and long. I can't imagine doing mulitple ones like that in a day.

I find since the issue with the surveys a while ago, that I get very nerveous over doing it correctly. Not that I ever intentially did anything wrong but I want to do it right. The other day I received double credit for a daily survey. I opened a trouble ticket but the bottom line is that unless they revoke the $$, they are in my account to stay. I would have felt a little better if my account would have be deducted. Maybe it still will be in time.

In our house, we've decided it's best if we just keep with the same person even for the OTX, although I know some change who is doing them. I hardly ever qualify for them, so my husband tries to take them.

Oh, and for what it's work, I did not get credit for the SM survey last night but I did for the ice cream one. Neither took me back to the sr page, but one did credit so not so bad. :)

MooseBrains
05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
We don't use the same computer, he has his own and I have mine. Ok, weird but he has too much tech stuff on his. So we are on two different computers but the same IP addy.

I think I will ask him not to do surveys, just finish up his offers at work and then close his account.

Sorry, I just thought he could do it also. No harm meant. But thanks for letting me know.

Mom2aPrincess
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
We don't use the same computer, he has his own and I have mine. Ok, weird but he has too much tech stuff on his. So we are on two different computers but the same IP addy.

I think I will ask him not to do surveys, just finish up his offers at work and then close his account.

Sorry, I just thought he could do it also. No harm meant. But thanks for letting me know.

I don't think this is just a greenfield policy - it's an sr policy. You both can't be sunshine members and do the offers either (I think..someone will correct if i'm wrong)

saffymom
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Another question that just occured to me. I do not do any surveys on any other reward site, but greenfield emails me directly and I do their surveys from time to time as well as some other survey companies, but to stick to the point -does doing a survey directly from greenfield cause any problems with doing the ds here?

I was wondering this as well. I get two or three a day emailed to me. I hardly ever do them because usually it's only for a contest entry. But I'm wondering if I'm going to get in trouble if I do continue to do them.

tarheelpat
05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
What about survey sites? I do paid surveys very sporadically on a few others sites, mainly Opinion Outpost and My Survey -- I'm assuming it's okay to name them since both are or have been SR offers and they're very good programs. The surveys (at least the Outpost ones) come from a variety of places. Do I need to avoid doing Greenfield ones period? Should we just close when a Greenfield one pops up?

I know some of the Outpost ones are OTX. Is there any problem here?

sunshinecindy
05-01-2008, 02:48 PM

Yes, he will need to close his account or you will get the "cindy" letter, and thats not good. I run double IP's periodically and then close accounts, and actually, thats usually at the beginning of the month, so I will be doing it again shortly, but I really don't think you want one of those nasty letters. LOL

jnorth1007
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM

Honestly I would tell him not to sign on under that account ever again. I would send an account question TT to Tricia with his name and info so she can close the account for you. This was listed on the page where you both signed up in BIG letters and is a major infraction. There are people who have lost both accounts and all rewards for doing this because it is something that they tell members up front. Tell him not to complete anything else on his account or do anything else. It doesn't matter what the email addresses, ip addresses or computers used are. You can only have one account per family that lives in the same house.

MooseBrains
05-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did fill out a TT and asked for him to be deleted. I have learned so much about how to do offers, check the emails, etc that I am grateful for all those that let me know about things that I really don't read over.

I am still half way to SM status and will keep referring folks to SR.

lanny76
05-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Guess it's a good thing I dropped any other sites I had checked out previously!! Seriously, I spend so much time on SR most days I don't have time to do surveys and stuff on any other site. The kids' naps only last so long! Whoever was doing multiple sites must have had too much spare time on their hands - will have more now I guess.
I'm glad that GF is being fair in this, and just asking for the person to be punished or whatever, and not lumping all together. Makes me feel very much like making every effort I can to be on the straight and narrow if they're watching so closely tho!!

PSL1013
05-01-2008, 05:32 PM

I would like to know the answer to this too because I'm in the same situation that sometimes I get emails to do surveys and they are from GF or OTX.

jnorth1007
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
If you are doing the DS and the SM survey on SR each day you are fine! If you are doing a DS on SR and one on another site then it is not fine!

MooseBrains
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
We are all set and once again, thanks for good information. I am going to stay right here and DH had just started. He said it was too time consuming but I think he did like the idea of Disney GC.

He has enough to do without me saying "did you do your survey" I think it is all for the best.

OhMari
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
What about Pinecone. I joined over a year ago, and have done 1 survey. I didn't even think to look where the survey was from. It was so darn easy, after doing survey's for Sunshine. But that is the only one I have ever done. If it is a problem, I'll email the owner and drop out. I know her name it is Karen Scott-the only reason I can remember is because she has the same name as Lucas's mom on One Tree Hill.

SunshineGirl
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Pinecone and MySurvey(NFO) are definitely completely different and great companies.

I'm not sure about the Greenfield surveys directly. Or OTX. OTX never actually talks to us, so I don't know anything at all about how many surveys you can take for them. But as for Greenfield, I think you just have to make sure that you are not taking more than two GF surveys total a day from them--no matter how you are getting them.

disney_girl
05-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Pinecone and MySurvey(NFO) are definitely completely different and great companies.

I'm not sure about the Greenfield surveys directly. Or OTX. OTX never actually talks to us, so I don't know anything at all about how many surveys you can take for them. But as for Greenfield, I think you just have to make sure that you are not taking more than two GF surveys total a day from them--no matter how you are getting them.

That makes it simple enough:)

andrea2289
05-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I can't imagine doing multiple surveys a day...how time consuming!! Goodness...I do good just having enough patience to do one survey a day one one site, if that! :rotfl:

jollytammy
05-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I got a follow up email from them and tried to take the survey, but I didn't qualify(?). Do those count against us?

I try to back out of anything that pops up greenfield. I'm certainly not getting credit anywhere...it's hard enough to get a greenfield survey. I have must have really, really crappy demographics:computer:

SunshineGirl
05-02-2008, 08:56 AM
It shouldn't hurt if you don't do the follow up survey. Honestly, if you have more than 2 on like 1 or 2 days a month, they aren't going to freak out. They understand there are some variables involved. It's when you consistently try to outwit the system that they consider it fraud.

DisAddicts
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Are we allowed, for example, to try and qualify thru the SR site for GF surveys one month, and then the next month try and qualify for them exclusively thru another site?

Alice28
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I just can't believe that after all the hullabaloo in February, that people are still out there trying to outwit the system. I'm glad most of us are just doing what we're supposed to be doing, and also that Greenfield isn't punishing all of us for the actions of a few. :angel:

daninyc
05-03-2008, 12:38 AM
What if you do a DS here and My 2 cents on another site? I know both are GF, but I figured since super members could take both here it wouldn't be a problem.

DisneyMa
05-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I just can't believe that after all the hullabaloo in February, that people are still out there trying to outwit the system. I'm glad most of us are just doing what we're supposed to be doing, and also that Greenfield isn't punishing all of us for the actions of a few. :angel:

I agree. After "surveygate" why would anyone try to push the system? Heck DH has enough problems trying to one survey!!:rotfl: It used to be he could ALWAYS get a survey! So, after Feb. he offered to continue to do them and I would do a SM survey (when I was a SM). I can never get an OTX survey to qualify!!

Oh well, the balance still is growing, just at a slower rate:D I'm thankful SR is still holding strong after all that went down.:cooldance:

lenzs4
05-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I So, after Feb. he offered to continue to do them and I would do a SM survey (when I was a SM). I can never get an OTX survey to qualify!!

Oh well, the balance still is growing, just at a slower rate:D I'm thankful SR is still holding strong after all that went down.:cooldance:

OH - can I switch demos when I go from DS to SM surveys - maybe that is why only one credits each time I take them both - because I use the same email and demos.... Do I need to use the same demo and a new email or have DH do it with his email and demo...
I am afraid to change anything for fear of messing up the system but I can only get one to credit a day. Perhaps it is because I must change stuff...

Also, off topic, but I am doing surveys (I have gotten 3 in two months I think...) I think DH will have better luck but I am afraid to change email and demos. How long do I have to wait between taking a survey and changing demos and email - a month, 2 months... or plain old never?

sunshinecindy
05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
My suggestion on surveys is to stick with one site and do them exclusively. I feel the same about shopping and offers too. When you jump from site to site I can guarantee that you will have trouble down the road.

m 'n c
09-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Thought I would bump this post up.

Just an FYI, you are only allowed 1 GF Daily Survey per day per account here at SR as well as 1 My 2 Cents GF survey per day per account here at SR.

Thanks for your cooperation and playing by the rules.

PSL1013
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM

Just an FYI, you are only allowed 1 GF Daily Survey per day per account here at SR as well as 1 My 2 Cents GF survey per day per account here at SR.

I saw this thread and started reading all through it and got really scared thinking Oh No, not again? Then I saw postings from people that haven't been on the forum in a long time and I then looked at the date....phew, what a relief and thank you Cate for scaring the heck out of me!! :rotfl:

On another note: This is good information to remember!

Leslie
09-16-2009, 07:16 PM

Quick question....If you do a GF survey but it doesn't go back to the congrats page (i.e. the blank white screen, etc.), are you just out of luck that day? Or can you take one until you get the congrats page? I realize that sometimes they credit later, and therefore it may appear in your account history that you took more than one survey for that day. I certainly don't want to be breaking any rules, so I just wanted to get some clarification on this.

m 'n c
09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Quick question....If you do a GF survey but it doesn't go back to the congrats page (i.e. the blank white screen, etc.), are you just out of luck that day? Or can you take one until you get the congrats page? I realize that sometimes they credit later, and therefore it may appear in your account history that you took more than one survey for that day. I certainly don't want to be breaking any rules, so I just wanted to get some clarification on this.

You can try again but don't make it a habit to take multiple surveys a day. There is a difference between trying again and getting a duplicate credit once a month and getting 2 to 3 survey credits each day on a frequent basis.

Leslie
09-16-2009, 07:43 PM
You can try again but don't make it a habit to take multiple surveys a day. There is a difference between trying again and getting a duplicate credit once a month and getting 2 to 3 survey credits each day on a frequent basis.

Thanks for the quick reply! I had that happen one time last month and wanted to make sure that wasn't a big deal.

athoods
09-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Well glad to hear that GF won't persacute the 99.99% of us honest members and DS survey takers.

askomsky
09-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I saw this thread and started reading all through it and got really scared thinking Oh No, not again? Then I saw postings from people that haven't been on the forum in a long time and I then looked at the date....phew, what a relief and thank you Cate for scaring the heck out of me!! :rotfl:

On another note: This is good information to remember!

OMG You and me both! I was ready to scream and say ok who's the loser that ruined it for us! LOL:rotfl:

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!

AlternateEgo
09-23-2009, 12:15 PM
So if you just stick with SR and don't use any other survey sites, would you be good? Cause sometimes I do surveys at home and some at work, and I am not positive which ones on what day. I just assumed that if I did an extra "greenfield" I just wouldn't get the credit.

Also, I reaalize only one account per household, so would my DH be able to complete a survey on my account? I have just been cautious about all the information on every survey to be the same, such as female, age, etc... and am scared that if he did a survey it would confuse everything.

askomsky
09-23-2009, 12:24 PM
So if you just stick with SR and don't use any other survey sites, would you be good? Cause sometimes I do surveys at home and some at work, and I am not positive which ones on what day. I just assumed that if I did an extra "greenfield" I just wouldn't get the credit.

Also, I reaalize only one account per household, so would my DH be able to complete a survey on my account? I have just been cautious about all the information on every survey to be the same, such as female, age, etc... and am scared that if he did a survey it would confuse everything.

You can do SR survey's either at home or work just make sure that no one else from work would also be a member of SR bc that would be considered duplicate accounts from one IP.

Yes your DH can take survey's but if you've been using your demographics for the GF daily survey keep it that way. DH can start taking (but you need to do the move once and stay there don't jump back and forth) the Your 2 Cents survey (which is also through GF). Some people (like me) have it set up that way, I do DS he does Y2C.
HTH!
April

chipndale
09-23-2009, 12:31 PM

There are a few other suvey sites that you can do and not have to worry about it messing up your Sunshine Account - I can't think of which ones they are because I have stopped almost all of them and just stick with SR.

In our house, I do the Greenfield daily survey and DH does the OTX survey. If your DH is willing to do surveys, I can say that it seems to me that DH has an easier time getting surveys than I do. I hope that helps.