PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

OregonGirlie
06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Sometimes when I try to do an offer (almost always a freebie), I get this message:

Thank you for visiting this offer. At the moment, you are not eligible for this offer, or the advertiser may not service your area. To visit other offers you may be qualified for, please click HERE.

I take it if I click 'here' that I wouldn't get credit so there's no point in clicking, right?

Is it giving me this because they already have my IP logged from another offer they have (it's always on offers I know I have not done, but could've done others with their company). If I tried on a different IP/computer is there a chance I could do the offer?

Lastly, if there is nothing I can do to actually do this offer, is there someway we can move the offers to a 'folder' or something so I don't have to see them when I click on the All Offers.

Rissa

SunshineGirl
06-13-2007, 08:31 PM
That's really strange. The only time that I have ever seen that is if I do an offer and get credit (which I do a lot to test things before I launch them) and then I try to go to the offer again later when I actually launch it to make sure that it works. I think it goes by IP address because the first time it happened, I was REALLY confused thinking that maybe the offer was broken. So I tried a different computer in the house and got the same thing. I called SunshineGuy at work and he got in just fine.

jnorth1007
06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I have gotten that before on companies where I have done their offers before. Sometimes if I switch to AOL I can do them. I think that is the problem I am having with that one advertiser that all of their offers take me to survey scout. Probably because my IP is in their system already. I switch to AOL and sometimes they come through. :confused:

OregonGirlie
06-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm cheating the system. It's ok to do different free offers from the same company right?

I'll try different browsers. I typically use IE on my desktop PC. Or SeaMonkey on my laptop Mac. I'll see what happens in Firefox, Sarari, etc.

If not, is it alright to try logging in on my laptop at DH's office, or will that mess up my account having another IP address show up?

SunshineGirl
06-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm cheating the system. It's ok to do different free offers from the same company right?

I'll try different browsers. I typically use IE on my desktop PC. Or SeaMonkey on my laptop Mac. I'll see what happens in Firefox, Sarari, etc.

If not, is it alright to try logging in on my laptop at DH's office, or will that mess up my account having another IP address show up?

Any of the above is fine if you haven't done the offers before. It's possible depending on your IP address that if you have an IP address that switches for any reason, someone else did the offer with that IP address and they just blocked it completely.