PDA

View Full Version : New Graphics Rule...PLEASE READ TO AVOID INFRACTION

sunshinecindy
05-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Because our forum is growing in members and we are having a lot more graphics added to this site, we have had to make some changes to the size of graphics allowed in your signature, so please adjust your signatures accordingly. If you don't know how to downsize a picture, photobucket.com is an excellent place to do that. Also, if you don't know the size of your graphic, right click on it, and click on properties, you will see the pixels which is the size. If you have more then one, add the total together to insure that you are within the guidelines. If you have any other questions, I'm sure one of us can help you.

Here is the new rule:
2) Graphics. Graphics must be no larger than 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels high total. This will not include your SM bracelets or SR Banner.

SunshineGirl
05-01-2008, 03:28 PM
We also took out the rule that you could only have 3 pics. You can have as many as you want as long as they fit into your little piece of SR real estate.

Magical JenK
05-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok, sorry...just to be clear...we can have more than 3 photos in our siggie but they can total only be 500 x 200? So mine has to be resized or removed right?

sunshinecindy
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Ok, sorry...just to be clear...we can have more than 3 photos in our siggie but they can total only be 500 x 200? So mine has to be resized or removed right?

Yes, you will either need to downsize your pics or eliminate one (but not the doggie please LOL). If you need help downsizing them, let me know.

m 'n c
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah Jen. I think if you just resize them you will be fine. The last bully one you have is 200x200 so use that as your guide on pic sizing.

Magical JenK
05-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah Jen. I think if you just resize them you will be fine. The last bully one you have is 200x200 so use that as your guide on pic sizing.

Ok that's funny because I have that they are 320x214, 272x215 & 216x209...weird. But again, if I want all three they have to total 500x200...so I guess I'm dumb, but is the only way to do that & still have 3 (come on...I look tan in that photo, I HAVE to keep it) to have them be about thumbnail size?

Cindy-I'll keep the doggy...which do you prefer?? Camo Doggy or Mickey Doggy?? :0)

askomsky
05-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Because our forum is growing in members and we are having a lot more graphics added to this site, we have had to make some changes to the size of graphics allowed in your signature, so please adjust your signatures accordingly. If you don't know how to downsize a picture, photobucket.com is an excellent place to do that. Also, if you don't know the size of your graphic, right click on it, and click on properties, you will see the pixels which is the size. If you have more then one, add the total together to insure that you are within the guidelines. If you have any other questions, I'm sure one of us can help you.

Here is the new rule:
2) Graphics. Graphics must be no larger than 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels high total. This will not include your SM bracelets or SR Banner.

Ok I obviously don't want to get a Cindy letter, but I just looked and my picture is 319 x 240 or something very close to that. To me that's small but I'm guessing the 247 is out of the new range?
Ok I'm good, photobucket has an option to edit existing pictures and let you put in the pixel size. So this one is fixed just in time for me to finally download my Easter pictures and change it!

linanglab
05-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I am having issues resizing it. Last time I had to resize it BEFORE I put it on photobucket....but now I cannot remember how to resize it ANYWHERE. I will be working on the resize. I am not to big length wise, but I am height wise.

sunshinecindy
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I am having issues resizing it. Last time I had to resize it BEFORE I put it on photobucket....but now I cannot remember how to resize it ANYWHERE. I will be working on the resize. I am not to big length wise, but I am height wise.

You can resize in photobucket. Just go into your account and download the pictures you want to resize, put them in your album. Go to your album and click edit on the pic you want to resize. Then go to resize and put in whatever size you are wanting, save it back to your album and you can either download from there or right click on the picture and save to your own files.

sunshinecindy
05-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Ok I obviously don't want to get a Cindy letter, but I just looked and my picture is 319 x 240 or something very close to that. To me that's small but I'm guessing the 247 is out of the new range?
Ok I'm good, photobucket has an option to edit existing pictures and let you put in the pixel size. So this one is fixed just in time for me to finally download my Easter pictures and change it!

We won't tar and feather you if its a little over....unless you want to be that is.

missymouse
05-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok I redid my signature and should be good now. If not let me know and I will work on it some more

lmroyea
05-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Are tickers included in this? I know you said not SR referral links or SM bracelets, but I wasn't sure if it's also tickers, or just photos. Also, a little off subject, but not quite, are the SM bracelets going to get updated soon? They all have 2006 in them, and I've been playing around but I can't get a combo to work for 2007/2008?

sunshinecindy
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Are tickers included in this? I know you said not SR referral links or SM bracelets, but I wasn't sure if it's also tickers, or just photos. Also, a little off subject, but not quite, are the SM bracelets going to get updated soon? They all have 2006 in them, and I've been playing around but I can't get a combo to work for 2007/2008?

Tickers are included.
Hey bracelet lady, when will they be updated?

lmroyea
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks Cindy, think I got it figured out. I was actually glad I had to do this because I always wanted our picture cropped to get rid of the background and couldn't figure out how to do, I finally did! Yeah!

m 'n c
05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Bumping up! Warnings/Infractions start Monday.

jollytammy
05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry to ask, but I'm not sure. I think I got it right. :computer: Can someone check and make sure I'm within the rules? :confused:Thanks!!!:sunshine2:

linanglab
05-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I got mine changed. Decided to change our pic, while I was at it. Needed a different WDW picture....got bored with the other one...LOL

askomsky
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Sorry to ask, but I'm not sure. I think I got it right. :computer: Can someone check and make sure I'm within the rules? :confused:Thanks!!!:sunshine2:

Well it looks like the height is ok on both but the width is over on the 1st one and the total has to be combined 500 x 200. Just right click on each pic and click on properties it'll tell you their size.

askomsky
05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I got mine changed. Decided to change our pic, while I was at it. Needed a different WDW picture....got bored with the other one...LOL

Absolutely LOVE the new picture! You look even younger in this one!!!!!! :sunshine:

sabrina90744
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok I think I changed it, not really sure if Im good to go or not?? HELPPPPPPP

jnorth1007
05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Ok I think I changed it, not really sure if Im good to go or not?? HELPPPPPPP

No you are still over. When you right click on the Obama picture that one alone is too big not to mention the others in there. It should be 500 X 200 combined so he is too wide for sure.

Here is what I have for you. The SR banner doesnt count so leave it as is.
The ticker is 200 X 113 and is also ok.
It is the Obama banner that is too big. It is 640 X 153. Now you can resize it to make is smaller but you will have to also resize the ticker so that combine the height of both is 200. If you don't resize the ticker you would have to make the Obama 87 high to be within the guidlines. You could also make Obama 200 high and then cut down his width enough so that you can put the ticker next to him and added together they would both be 500 wide.

sabrina90744
05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
No you are still over. When you right click on the Obama picture that one alone is too big not to mention the others in there. It should be 500 X 200 combined so he is too wide for sure.

Got it! Thanks :)

linanglab
05-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Absolutely LOVE the new picture! You look even younger in this one!!!!!! :sunshine:

Awww....Thank you! LOVE to look younger! LOL

disney_girl
05-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Aww..love the new picture Angela!!

disneyforever
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok, so if I figured my tickers right then I am over the limit too. How do I
reduce the size of the tickers?

jnorth1007
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
actually I believe that your tickers are fine. They are both less than 500 in width and they are both under 200 in height. When you add their heights together they are still less than 200. If they were side by side they would be too long but they are fine as they are. the SR banner doesn't count.

Anna
05-02-2008, 10:44 PM
****bump****

DisneyMa
05-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I think I'm okay. Right?:confused:

cglaura
05-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Ok, I just did a screen cap and put it in photoshop, and I'm at 430 x 290 total.

I made my 2 pictures (dd's gift & epcot sign) the height of my sr banner so it would all be on 1 line (instead of having one long sr banner).

So even though my height is over 200, is it ok since that is the space that would have been alloted on the sr long banner? Does it make sense what I'm trying to say?

If not, I'll just take off my ticker so I'm not over 200, I just don't want a Cindy letter!! :p

Alice28
05-02-2008, 11:41 PM
good reminder! thanks~

arob414
05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Ok that's funny because I have that they are 320x214, 272x215 & 216x209...weird. But again, if I want all three they have to total 500x200...so I guess I'm dumb, but is the only way to do that & still have 3 (come on...I look tan in that photo, I HAVE to keep it) to have them be about thumbnail size?

Cindy-I'll keep the doggy...which do you prefer?? Camo Doggy or Mickey Doggy?? :0)

:( I loved the other, you need to swap back and forth. He looks just like a baby (well, baby dog) in the other one.

iluvamystery89
05-16-2008, 09:19 PM
*sigh* i have tried countless times to resize the photo i wanted for my signature in photobucket and every time i copy & paste it to SR and hit "preview signature" it's HUGE, so i right click and choose properties and the stupid thing is 339x455! i swear on photobucket it says it's 119x160. i followed the resizing instructions cindy posted on page 1 of this thread-does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

arob414
05-16-2008, 09:30 PM
*sigh* i have tried countless times to resize the photo i wanted for my signature in photobucket and every time i copy & paste it to SR and hit "preview signature" it's HUGE, so i right click and choose properties and the stupid thing is 339x455! i swear on photobucket it says it's 119x160. i followed the resizing instructions cindy posted on page 1 of this thread-does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Funny you should mention this. I am fighting with photobucket, right now. I edit the pics small and they end up huge in the preview.:computer:

iluvamystery89
05-16-2008, 09:56 PM
i'm sorry it's happening to you too, but at the same time i'm relieved it's not just me because i thought i was losing what's left of my puny mind!

askomsky
05-16-2008, 11:00 PM

There's an option in photobucket after hte picture is uploaded go to Edit.
Then you can resize it there, just make sure the 2nd number (width?) you enter 200 and it'll fix it for you

jfrog
05-19-2008, 11:19 PM
I think my froggy is ok....is our fluttering butterfly included? I may have to release that one or shrink my froggy....thanks for all the info on how to do this---don't want a Cindy letter either-ROFL!!

kimbih
05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
I got the basic idea of limiting the size of the siggy, but since I'm not to computer savvy, I have no idea if mine is ok or not? :confused:

sunshinecindy
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I think my froggy is ok....is our fluttering butterfly included? I may have to release that one or shrink my froggy....thanks for all the info on how to do this---don't want a Cindy letter either-ROFL!!

Yes, your froggy is included.

jnorth1007
05-20-2008, 10:27 AM
I got the basic idea of limiting the size of the siggy, but since I'm not to computer savvy, I have no idea if mine is ok or not? :confused:

an you change this one around so that the SR banner is by itself at the top and then put the penguin next to the DVC banner with the tickers at the bottom because the SR banner doesnt count towards your total and I can't tell if you are over with it being in the middle. Just move the penguin next to the DVC so I make sure that together they aren't 500 wide. Then the penguin line with the DVC on top of your tickers cannot be higher than 200 total.

jnorth1007
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM

I believe this one is ok beacause the two SR banners don't count. If we just put the froggy next to the butterfly thing then you are within size, i think LOL

kimbih
05-20-2008, 12:54 PM
an you change this one around so that the SR banner is by itself at the top and then put the penguin next to the DVC banner with the tickers at the bottom because the SR banner doesnt count towards your total and I can't tell if you are over with it being in the middle. Just move the penguin next to the DVC so I make sure that together they aren't 500 wide. Then the penguin line with the DVC on top of your tickers cannot be higher than 200 total.

Thanks for the help. Is this right?

m 'n c
05-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I think you have it kimbih. From my calculations you are at 500x200 total

jfrog
05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks Cindy and jnorth! I have to rearrange a little---thanks also to everybody who knows how to do this stuff and is so willing to give very detailed explanations to some of us who haven't much clue! ;0)

Hedy
05-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to update the number is my signature (by just one-LOL), and the system is telling me I have too many lines, I can only have 6. I don't mean to be a tool, but I'm counting banner+bracelet as line one, tickers as lines 2 and 3, and then numbers as 4 and 5. Am I missing something?

jaime
05-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Is my picture to big? I don't think it is over 500 wide but I'm not sure if it is under 200 high.

m 'n c
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Bumping up!

Jaime you are slightly over 200 high (you are at 243). You can go into photobucket though and "edit" your picture to be under 200 and then save it and it should automatically fix your pic here.

Tantor
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
is mine okay?? I have NO idea what size it is..............:confused:

Hedy
06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
is mine okay?? I have NO idea what size it is..............:confused:

It's 350x262, so it needs to be a little shorter.

disneyforever
07-15-2008, 05:41 AM
So I got black flagged so to speak cause my tickers are too big. :eek: Sorry, I thought they were ok.

I was able to make 2 of them smaller - but how the heck do you put them side by side? That is what the person said to do. There is nothing in the edit signature to help me figure it out. Help, I don't want to be flogged with a wet noodle. ;)

SunshineGirl
07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
So I got black flagged so to speak cause my tickers are too big. :eek: Sorry, I thought they were ok.

I was able to make 2 of them smaller - but how the heck do you put them side by side? That is what the person said to do. There is nothing in the edit signature to help me figure it out. Help, I don't want to be flogged with a wet noodle. ;)

Hmmm...I think it is because they are all tickers. I don't have a ticket in mine so I will defer to the others who do. :)

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM

I have no idea how to get tickers side by side. It drives me nuts! I think even with the change in your ticker size you are still technically over the limit. Can I suggest that you put the SM ticker in the sticky we have going in the offers section and that should fix you up. It is where I had to put mine. I put mine in my first post there and that seemed to fix the signature issue I was having.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
In order to put things side by side you should be able to just run the codes concurrent to each other and as long as they aren't too long they will go side by side. They may end up being longer than 500 though so It just depends on how long each ticker is whether or not you can put them side by side.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
In order to put things side by side you should be able to just run the codes concurrent to each other and as long as they aren't too long they will go side by side. They may end up being longer than 500 though so It just depends on how long each ticker is whether or not you can put them side by side.

That makes sense then. I think our ticker codes are long unless you use that tinyurl program. It might work that way to get it side by side otherwise the code would knock it down to a different line.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Catherine I see that your tickers are alot smaller than mine. Is that an option on tickerfactory? If it is then I think that sized ticker would fit side by side ok. I am just trying to see if we can figure out a way to keep the three tickers without them being stacked and therefore too big.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Catherine I see that your tickers are alot smaller than mine. Is that an option on tickerfactory? If it is then I think that sized ticker would fit side by side ok. I am just trying to see if we can figure out a way to keep the three tickers without them being stacked and therefore too big.

Yes my two are ticker factory and you hit the small ticker option at the end and it changes the code. The code is still too long to do side by side. I'm going to try to convert them to tinyurl to see if that works. I know we originally were against it when we were putting in more graphics and larger than allowed graphics but since everyone is abiding by the rules I think it would be ok to mention it again and how to do it. I will try some playing with it around 11 this morning since I have a meeting at 9 which will take at least an hour.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 09:45 AM
It should still work though even though the url's don't fit on one line the images should still fit on one line because the urls for my SR banner and my bracelet are longer than one line and they fit next to each other without using tinyurl

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't get it. I do have both my tickers on the same line code wise in the control panel but it doesn't come out side by side. I'll check into recopying and pasting as well to see what happens.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
do you have a space in between the two codes?

T1nkrules
07-15-2008, 09:54 AM
that's my dilemma as well......I want to add a SR banner and delete the current ticker and replace with another (but smaller)...I can't seem to edit/delete graphics on my signature no matter what I do (obviously I am not doing it right!) :cry:

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh your signature is stuck. When you see the buttons adjusted left like that it means that it is frozen and Sunshine Guy has to go in and unfreeze it. Create a thread in the technical section with his name in the title and asking him to reset it and when he comes back on next time he will.

OhMari
07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I've tried so many times to put a signature in. It sort of looks like my house, nothing and like my dh likes to tell me "white is right".

T1nkrules
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
THANKS! WILL DO! :) Appreciate the help....

disneyforever
07-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes my two are ticker factory and you hit the small ticker option at the end and it changes the code. The code is still too long to do side by side. I'm going to try to convert them to tinyurl to see if that works. I know we originally were against it when we were putting in more graphics and larger than allowed graphics but since everyone is abiding by the rules I think it would be ok to mention it again and how to do it. I will try some playing with it around 11 this morning since I have a meeting at 9 which will take at least an hour.

So have you had any luck in getting two small tickers to be next to one another. If so, can you post in English how to do it? :rotfl:

If it can't be done, then I will just remove my SM one.

EDIT: DH helped me figure it out. So now am I ok with my signature?

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 11:01 PM
So have you had any luck in getting two small tickers to be next to one another. If so, can you post in English how to do it? :rotfl:

If it can't be done, then I will just remove my SM one.

EDIT: DH helped me figure it out. So now am I ok with my signature?

Sorry I totally forgot to post about this. Yes your signature looks ok now.

fourfoxesinpa
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm really dense...how do you figure out how big your signature is? Am I OK?

Thanks!

jnorth1007
07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
You are good. If you right click on the image you can see the properties which give you the sizes.

fourfoxesinpa
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks Janet! :sunshine:

Hedy
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Just wanted to bump this up...as v50.net is dropping their countdowns as of 9/1, I had to go ticker hunting. :)

llgray16
08-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Just wanted to bump this up...as v50.net is dropping their countdowns as of 9/1, I had to go ticker hunting. :)

Oh no! I love those days, minutes, seconds tickers. I guess I will have to see what else I can find!

nurseminnie76
08-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Okay -- I'm having trouble figuring this out this morning. :blush: I just added these tickers and now I'm not sure if I'm still within the limits. Can someone help me please?

jnorth1007
08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
You seem to be fine since your SR items are freebies and your tickers are within the size limit.

nurseminnie76
08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
You seem to be fine since your SR items are freebies and your tickers are within the size limit.

Thanks Janet. Just wanted to make sure.

:thanks:

Anna
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM
I was going to rearrange my siggie and take some things out only when I go to save it; it tells me I have too many lines? Then I just decided to delete something and went to save it and got the same message???

I have looked at other's siggies and mine is no bigger or no more than theirs. What am I doing wrong?