PDA

View Full Version : Video contest chat thread...

Hedy
05-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Does it have to be a positive review?

SunshineGirl
05-02-2008, 01:08 PM
It doesn't HAVE to be a positive review. But I don't think that we could feature anything in our Sunshine Rewards videoblog that is a negative review of one of our merchants. It would violate our terms and conditions that we have with most of our merchants. So you can submit it and we can consider it for the random drawing. But depending on what the content of the review is, we just may not be able to include it in the ones that we put up for voting.

Very good question!!

faithhope
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Do you have to talk or be in your video yourself??

This shy girl is just wondering if I can do graphics and music...

Blessing and Miracle
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I like this contest, Tricia!:)

SunshineGirl
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Do you have to talk or be in your video yourself??

This shy girl is just wondering if I can do graphics and music...

Nope. You do not have to be in it yourself.

JillyFish
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I like this contest, Tricia!:)

No wonder Lisa....you have so many purchases from which to choose!!! However will you decide????? :rotfl:

faithhope
05-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Can we enter more than once?

Blessing and Miracle
05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
No wonder Lisa....you have so many purchases from which to choose!!! However will you decide????? :rotfl:

I know! LOL. I just got my beautiful Coach purse from Macy's and my pretty sandals from Masseys. And I was thinking hey, this combo would make a great video, but since both are from two different stores I don't know if I could include two stores in one video.

Tricia, would that be allowed?

SunshineGirl
05-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I know! LOL. I just got my beautiful Coach purse from Macy's and my pretty sandals from Masseys. And I was thinking hey, this combo would make a great video, but since both are from two different stores I don't know if I could include two stores in one video.

Tricia, would that be allowed?

That would be perfectly acceptable!

Mom2aPrincess
05-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Does it have to be from "shopping" or could it be from "offers" (like our pedeggs)?

linanglab
05-03-2008, 06:47 AM
What if it wasn't something that WE bought, but was given to us, but you can get them from SR?

SunshineGirl
05-03-2008, 09:37 AM
It has to be something that you personally bought through SR so that you can attest to the experience.

Offers are tricky since they come and go. But I'll say that if the offer is still active, it is fair game.

Hedy
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Can we include features offered by the merchant. For example, let's say I was reviewing Hallmark.com (which I can't now, obviously), could I discuss getting Gold Crown points?

SunshineGirl
05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Can we include features offered by the merchant. For example, let's say I was reviewing Hallmark.com (which I can't now, obviously), could I discuss getting Gold Crown points?

Sure thing! If you see that they have free shipping or special deals or whatever, that works. Like I always mention the Sephora Beauty Insider perks. :)

askomsky
05-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm almost there! Video taken, Youtube acct created, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to download off our new video camera. DH has always done it (we just got it before WDW in Nov). He said he would get it downloaded for me tonight (probably during chat!) bc he's refering 2 hockey games tonight and we have to run in 10 mins to get DS to his hockey game.
So I'm hoping to have the info for Tricia before bed tonight.

faithhope
05-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I have the pictures taken...I'll have my oldest put them into a video... hopefully by Sunday, I'll figure out how to get mine up too...

I learn so much on this site.

Hedy
05-09-2008, 09:14 PM
It's dark, and hokey, but I decided to run with it. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unKti2vh3wE

lmroyea
05-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I really want to do this, but I just got the camcorder (are they even still called that?) for X-mas and really haven't played with it a lot. We weren't planning on using it til we had kids. So I'm going to have to experiment, not quite sure how to do this. :confused:

JillyFish
05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Okay, I made my video and am trying to upload it to youtube and now I'm having trouble. It says it is uploading but it just goes on forever and never gets uploaded. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong? The video is under 5 minutes so it shouldn't take very long!

askomsky
05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Okay, I made my video and am trying to upload it to youtube and now I'm having trouble. It says it is uploading but it just goes on forever and never gets uploaded. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong? The video is under 5 minutes so it shouldn't take very long!

Jill mine took a VERY long time, I couldn't figure out why either mine was only 3 1/2 mins I tried during chat Friday night. I finally just let it go and went to bed and it was finished in the morning. So just walk away and don't worry about it bc it does take a while. I thought I was going crazy too.

JillyFish
05-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Jill mine took a VERY long time, I couldn't figure out why either mine was only 3 1/2 mins I tried during chat Friday night. I finally just let it go and went to bed and it was finished in the morning. So just walk away and don't worry about it bc it does take a while. I thought I was going crazy too.

Okay. I did let it go for about 1/2 an hour one time, but then stopped it because I figured it should be done. I will try again. Thanks!

Magical JenK
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
It's dark, and hokey, but I decided to run with it. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unKti2vh3wE

Very fun! I was going to have Howie "talk" about the product too! Maybe I still will??:p

askomsky
05-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Very fun! I was going to have Howie "talk" about the product too! Maybe I still will??:p

Go for it Jen! That's why I used the kids I didn't mind talking as long as you didn't see me! lol

JillyFish
05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Okay my video finally finished uploading. Now it says it still isn't available. Does that take forever too?

Hedy
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Okay my video finally finished uploading. Now it says it still isn't available. Does that take forever too?

It took mine maybe 1/2 an hour.

askomsky
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM

Not sure, Heather probably knows better. I started it at 1130 pm Fri night and it was done at 7am Sat morning. :)

mirandag819
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
That step actually took longer for me than uploading to the site did. It took maybe 10 mins to upload and about 30 before it showed up as available.

JillyFish
05-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Arrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!! :computer:
I'm about ready to give up! I tried uploading my video to youtube again and it finally worked. But the video is not nearly as clear as my original. Which wouldn't be a big deal to me except that now you can't see the details that I am talking about in my video. I'm so frustrated. Technical projects can just never be easy for me.....I think it's not allowed!

So do you think it's worth trying to upload again or is my video always going to be unclear?

sunshinecindy
05-13-2008, 08:38 AM

I want to see Howie talking. How cute.

mirandag819
05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Arrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!! :computer:
I'm about ready to give up! I tried uploading my video to youtube again and it finally worked. But the video is not nearly as clear as my original. Which wouldn't be a big deal to me except that now you can't see the details that I am talking about in my video. I'm so frustrated. Technical projects can just never be easy for me.....I think it's not allowed!

So do you think it's worth trying to upload again or is my video always going to be unclear?

Did you compress the file when you uploaded it ? Sometimes that hurts the quality of the picture. Also I don't know what you used to create the video file, but if you have Windows Movie Maker on your computer you can usually improve the quality with several different options, you kind of have to play with the brightness and stuff a little, but it usually makes a difference.

JillyFish
05-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, I guess that I am going to with low resolution upload. I just can't get youtube to accept my video directly from my computer.

But Tricia, that gives me a new problem.....the website I went through to upload my video adds their little logo to the beginning and end of my video which adds about 10 seconds, making my video over 5 minutes. My original video is just under 5. Is that a problem? Or if you know of a better way to get my video uploaded I would be open to any suggestions.

I sure do wish I was more techno-savvy!

mirandag819
05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
WOW! I was just telling someone at work about sunshine rewards and disney GCs. She typed sunshine rewards disney on the yahoo search engine and got 641,000 results and my Youtube video review was on the first page of results. If you type in sunshine rewards on the yahoo search engine you get over 3 million results and your shoebuy review is on the first page.

I just thought that was pretty cool out of all those results I would have never thought I would stumble across our reviews.

JillyFish
05-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Just bumping this up for Tricia to see my question. :)

Well, I guess that I am going to with low resolution upload. I just can't get youtube to accept my video directly from my computer.

But Tricia, that gives me a new problem.....the website I went through to upload my video adds their little logo to the beginning and end of my video which adds about 10 seconds, making my video over 5 minutes. My original video is just under 5. Is that a problem? Or if you know of a better way to get my video uploaded I would be open to any suggestions.

I sure do wish I was more techno-savvy!

SunshineGirl
05-16-2008, 10:08 AM
So what site is the video on now?

JillyFish
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
So what site is the video on now?

I uploaded in to onetruemedia.com (a video editing site) to see if I could get it on youtube from there (since it wouldn't upload directly from my computer.)

So it's on both onetruemedia.com AND youtube. But it's over 5 minutes and on youtube it is not very clear.

SunshineGirl
05-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I uploaded in to onetruemedia.com (a video editing site) to see if I could get it on youtube from there (since it wouldn't upload directly from my computer.)

So it's on both onetruemedia.com AND youtube. But it's over 5 minutes and on youtube it is not very clear.

Maybe it's just bigger than the youtube specifications? We actually can't embed from onetruemedia. So maybe try one more time to youtube?

JillyFish
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Maybe it's just bigger than the youtube specifications? We actually can't embed from onetruemedia. So maybe try one more time to youtube?

Well, I tried it again (takes forever!) and it still "failed". So I guess that I will enter my not-as-good version as long as it's okay that it's a little over 5 minutes.

SunshineGirl
05-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, I tried it again (takes forever!) and it still "failed". So I guess that I will enter my not-as-good version as long as it's okay that it's a little over 5 minutes.

Sure. That will be okay.

jnorth1007
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I really need a video camera. I am dying to do this contest but I don't have a single thing around here that takes videos.

JillyFish
05-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Okay, someone needs to go vote besides me, Heather, and April.....or it's gonna be a LONG week! :rotfl:

mirandag819
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Okay I'll go watch the new one now, I tried at work and it wouldn't play. Good luck ladies !

This is a fun contest ! :sunshine2:

Soccer Princess
05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
I really need a video camera. I am dying to do this contest but I don't have a single thing around here that takes videos.

Same here :(

mirandag819
05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
It is fun, of coarse I lucked out camera wise, DH bought me a DVD Sony Handy Cam for Christmas, which works great ! I actually just started doing video product reviews for a site that you get paid per video review. :cooldance:

I guess technically the camera could be considered an investment, although I had never heard of doing video reviews when he got it for me. He bought it so we could take it to disney.

JillyFish
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I just used my regular 'ol digital camera. Are you sure your digital camera doesn't have a movie feature?