PDA

View Full Version : Books for Disney

MooseBrains
05-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I went to overstock and ordered books but we had cancelled an order at Christmas and now they said my account is closed!

So I want to buy a hidden mickey book and UG to Disney. What other sites have discount books?

Thanks, MB

Hedy
05-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I went to overstock and ordered books but we had cancelled an order at Christmas and now they said my account is closed!

So I want to buy a hidden mickey book and UG to Disney. What other sites have discount books?

Thanks, MB

Amazon had the best rate on the Passporter.

Magical JenK
05-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Barnes & Noble has a section of "used" books from approved sellers & I got 2008 Unofficial Guide & a Disney Trivia book much cheaper than had I gotten it directly from their site.

You may want to try ebay as well. Ebay's sister site half.com is also pretty good for books.

MooseBrains
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I went to B&N and it was a bit more than overstocks but they have free shipping so it came out less.

I applied for the cc so I will get a $25 gift card also. So overstock did me a favor!

belbook
05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I've also used abebooks.com, bookfinder.com, alibris.com and have had good luck.

bookfinder.com searches other websites so you can compare websites/prices all at the same time. I searched for the UG and there was a long list of sites that sold it - I have no idea of what price you're looking for but you can try this if you're interested.

lmroyea
05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
abebooks is the best. I always check there for the best prices. Plus you can decide if you want new/used, hardcover/softcover, etc. And the sellers give a description of the condition of the books (writing, highlighting, torn pages, etc.) And of course you get SR credit! Definitely check it out for ANY book purchases.