PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Shopping Sites?

Lisaj68
06-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Good morning,

I have a question about the shopping site. Are we shopping at our own risk, just as we would be if we got online without SR?

Specifically, has anyone ever heard of or used the Florida Ticket Sale (I'm out of that page and can't remember the exact name) shopping site thru SR?

From what I've read about buying WDW tickets, you have to be careful and use a reputable company, etc.

I'm all about earning 1% on my $900 purchase, but......of course a little concerned!

Thoughts??
Thanks!
Lisa

P.S. It seems that someone voted this a 3 out of 5 stars. I would love to see their "comments" posted! Any room for a comments page?

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 07:29 AM
I can't vouch for that company. There are some companies that I know a lot more about than others because I am in contact with their people or have used them myself. That is not one of them. I can tell you that I am getting very close to having a deal with a new Florida ticket merchant that is very reputable and is going to be a big combined effort with us and them. But it depends how soon you need the tickets. :)

kimntrent
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
That would actually be really cool.
________
VAPORIZER GENIE (http://vaporizer.org)

Lisaj68
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I can't vouch for that company. There are some companies that I know a lot more about than others because I am in contact with their people or have used them myself. That is not one of them. I can tell you that I am getting very close to having a deal with a new Florida ticket merchant that is very reputable and is going to be a big combined effort with us and them. But it depends how soon you need the tickets. :)

Thanks! Good to know....I don't need the tickets until closer to Christmas so I will wait for your new merchant and hope for a great deal/payback!!

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow I foresee that being a big money maker for everyone LOL. With all the changes coming next year to the DDP I see more people making room only ressies and then if we can get our tickets through the new merchant and get rewards back. How awesome would that be???

Hedy
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM

If, say one was planning to order a ticket in mid-July, should one wait?

SunshineGirl
06-14-2007, 02:21 PM
If, say one was planning to order a ticket in mid-July, should one wait?

If I were the one ordering tickets in July, I would definitely wait!

luvdisney
06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Wow I foresee that being a big money maker for everyone LOL. With all the changes coming next year to the DDP I see more people making room only ressies and then if we can get our tickets through the new merchant and get rewards back. How awesome would that be???

what are the new changes to the DDP for next year?? we are planing a trip for 12 next year and we were going to do the DDP now I need to know about the changes to decide if it will be worth it.

jnorth1007
06-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Well I have heard tell that they are going to be removing the tips from the dining plan and raising the price. This means that not only will you pay more for the meals but you will be responsible for your own tips on top of it. This has not officially been announced by Disney yet but it is referred to in a general way in the contracts that were signed between disney and I guess the union for the castmembers. I don't have all of the info but I know for those of us who it cuts it close as to whether or not we save money with the plan, this will push it over. It will not go into affect until January 2008. We should start finding out for sure once the rates and stuff come out for January which is usually sometime in July or August. At that time we will know how much the cost of the DDP will be and if the tips will be removed from the cost. HTH!

Lisaj68
06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Tricia, Do I see that the new WDW ticket purchasing company is up and running?! Is this the company you were walking about??

Thanks,
Lisa

SunshineGirl
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Tricia, Do I see that the new WDW ticket purchasing company is up and running?! Is this the company you were walking about??

Thanks,
Lisa

Yep! We are up and running!