PDA

View Full Version : Do you get spam at your Home?

DisneyDiva2130
05-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this, but getting the hang of it slowly! Great program! I was wondering, for the offers, I have done a few that only require the minimal personal info, ex: email address. I could do a few other offers, but am a little weary of putting in my home mailing address, as I'm worried that spam mail will go there. Will I get spam mail at my home address? I dont mind the spam in my email, as I'm using a secondary account, but my home address is my home address...

Thanks for your help!

cglaura
05-13-2008, 09:36 AM
The only thing I've received in the mail are from offers where a specific product information was requested. For example, there is a 1 credit offer for Nexium right now. They may send you info on Nexium, or they may not. But I've never received any mass amount of spam.

Email on the other hand...:rotfl: If you haven't read about getting a secondary email for offers, check out some of the stickies in the forums, there are alot of good ideas there.

Welcome to SR & good luck!

MdCaterer
05-13-2008, 09:37 AM
You do receive mail and phone calls from some these offers. Lately we have been SWAMPED with these phone calls that are recorded messages and they are extremely annoying.

DisneyDiva2130
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys! Its ok if i get stuff from the offer I sing up for, but I'm worried about them selling my info to other companies and getting swamped with spam.

Ms.Grumpy
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
This is one of my main concerns. There are so many offers out there but I am scared to give out my personal info. I guess I will stick to the DS and OTX for now. I am new here so I am trying to get a handle on this (although I must admit that I feel like if I'm way over my head)
I am happy to see alot of DIS friends on here, makes me feel secure:rotfl:

arob414
05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I do not use my regular email address, as a rule, that helps to separate spam and family. I use my own address and phone number, have for about a year, now. The only real problem I have had, at all, is some resort in Florida that calls me about every other day. My kids even recognize them when they call. However, since I have been looking at alot of travel sites, they could have picked up my phone number that way. At any rate, it is worth it. 800 SR dollars are travelling with me, next wk, to see Mickey.

DisneyDiva2130
05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I do not use my regular email address, as a rule, that helps to separate spam and family. I use my own address and phone number, have for about a year, now. The only real problem I have had, at all, is some resort in Florida that calls me about every other day. My kids even recognize them when they call. However, since I have been looking at alot of travel sites, they could have picked up my phone number that way. At any rate, it is worth it. 800 SR dollars are travelling with me, next wk, to see Mickey.

How long did it take you to accumulate 800 rewards? (IF you dont mind me asking, of course!!) Did you do mostly surveys? Shopping? Offers? A balance of the three that seemed to work? (sorry for so many ?'s!!)

I also seem to not get credit for the greenfield survey (did it yesterday and today and no rewards), is that normal? I heard that if you do the OTX survey before the greenfield one, you might not get the credit for it, so that could be why. But today I tried the greenfield before OTX, but no credit. weird. Thanks for your help!

arob414
05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
How long did it take you to accumulate 800 rewards? (IF you dont mind me asking, of course!!) Did you do mostly surveys? Shopping? Offers? A balance of the three that seemed to work? (sorry for so many ?'s!!)

I joined last May but really got started in June. I try to do the surveys, daily, but sometimes there is just too much going on for me to do them. I also try all the free offers and any other offer that I am interested in. I joined BlockBuster, a couple book clubs, the Disney Movie Club and Columbia TV Club, to name a few. I also shop, mostly DrugStore.com, eBay, Overstock plus some other sites. The last several months I was buying stuff for vacation and tried to go thru SR as much as possible. I am not new to online shopping but have done more this past yr. Between free shipping, no sales tax and the cash back PLUS gas and time saving, I am really getting into it. Maybe too much. :rotfl: Good luck.

Edit - Forgot to mention that nearly $40 of the $800 was just because I either cashed in during a special cash in time or because I am a SM and get gc's cheaper. SM = $100 earned in a quarter.

lanny76
05-13-2008, 10:09 PM

I also seem to not get credit for the greenfield survey (did it yesterday and today and no rewards), is that normal? I heard that if you do the OTX survey before the greenfield one, you might not get the credit for it, so that could be why. But today I tried the greenfield before OTX, but no credit. weird. Thanks for your help!

I haven't ever had any trouble, since joining last Nov, with the Greenfield surveys crediting - maybe once it hasn't. So I am not sure why yours wouldn't - but maybe sometimes the credit just doesn't get thru, especially if Greenfield sent you to another survey site. It might be that sometimes the other survey site doesn't send the credit thru. The surveys should credit the next day by at least 12:30 pm. -- As far as the order you do the surveys in, I never knew it mattered if you did the OTX before the Greenfield or not - I usually do the GF first, but when I have done the OTX first, I have gotten credit for the daily survey from GF, too. So, I don't know. I hope this helps a little bit - I think after a while, if you just keep trying, you will get into the swing of it!

m 'n c
05-13-2008, 10:26 PM
This is one of my main concerns. There are so many offers out there but I am scared to give out my personal info. I guess I will stick to the DS and OTX for now. I am new here so I am trying to get a handle on this (although I must admit that I feel like if I'm way over my head)
I am happy to see alot of DIS friends on here, makes me feel secure:rotfl:

OTX and DS are how I mainly earn my money with some shopping here or there. Its not a bad thing at all to start with those.

MdCaterer
05-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Also, OTX surveys usually credit at the top of the hour and Greenfield not until the next day or Mondays if you complete them on a weekend.
If you do shop online or buy on ebay try going through SR first, they have tons of shopping sites. The free offers also provide decent earnings. Welcome and have fun this site is really friendly and great!!

DisneyDiva2130
05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the replys everyone! I will keep trying with the Greenfield survey, I'm sure it will click eventually. I might be trying too soon, ie, not a full 24 hours after the last completed one, so I'm going to skip the surveys for today and start fresh tomorrow morning. I can't remember when I finished the surveys yesterday! lol. Thanks again!

rumrunnergirl
05-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I get spam mail at home. I did several offers using my middle name just to test this, and I now get junk mail in that name - credit card offers and the "This is perfectly legal! Just send $1 to the name at the top of the list . . ." stuff. So, I know my sign-up info has been sold.

I chuck it all.

MdCaterer
05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
yes it's easy to track if you use your middle name or nickname