PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody with yahoo mail having phantom message issues

Hedy
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Yahoo mail says I have 10 unread messages (I'm in classic view) that aren't there. Googling seems to say this will go away. Anybody else having this problem? :computer::computer:

lanny76
05-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Yahoo mail says I have 10 unread messages (I'm in classic view) that aren't there. Googling seems to say this will go away. Anybody else having this problem? :computer::computer:

No, I haven't noticed that - I use the classic as well. I have gotten more often than usual recently a message that I have stumbled on a temporary problem, where some message I wanted to see I can't see right then. It is usually resolved quickly - anyway, that's all I've noticed. Hope your problem gets resolved quick too.

m4travels
05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I get this issue quite often. When I go to Unread Messages they pop up with dates usually 2 or 3 years previously and it's always Spam. I just delete them and go on my way.

Hedy
05-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I get this issue quite often. When I go to Unread Messages they pop up with dates usually 2 or 3 years previously and it's always Spam. I just delete them and go on my way.

Yeah..there's nothing there (but the old spam is why I use classic). :confused::confused:

m4travels
05-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah..there's nothing there (but the old spam is why I use classic). :confused::confused:

Hmmmmm........ all I can say is hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

lanny76
05-13-2008, 05:49 PM

What I see is that I get lots, I mean LOTS of spam in my bulk mail that has all sorts of odd dates - like some today I saw said January 18, or some that say May 18, like I got junk mail from the future! But this is only in my bulk mail box, never my regular inbox. So it isn't anything that I bother with, I just delete what's in the spam box anyway. I just haven't seen any funny things with it saying I have unread messages in my inbox that aren't there tho?! Guess I don't understand that!

m4travels
05-13-2008, 05:54 PM
What I see is that I get lots, I mean LOTS of spam in my bulk mail that has all sorts of odd dates - like some today I saw said January 18, or some that say May 18, like I got junk mail from the future! But this is only in my bulk mail box, never my regular inbox. So it isn't anything that I bother with, I just delete what's in the spam box anyway. I just haven't seen any funny things with it saying I have unread messages in my inbox that aren't there tho?! Guess I don't understand that!
What I really like about the spam from the future is it makes me believe that life is just flying by!

Yeah, I do get some of that stuff in my spam box, but I do get old stuff in my regular box, too.

lanny76
05-13-2008, 06:15 PM
What I really like about the spam from the future is it makes me believe that life is just flying by!

Yeah, I do get some of that stuff in my spam box, but I do get old stuff in my regular box, too.

I don't need the reminder that life is flying by - I can see it go by!:rotfl:
Especially when I look at my kids - how fast they're growing is sometimes like a jolt that time is moving on ruthlessly, and I'm only getting older, too!

jnorth1007
05-13-2008, 06:42 PM
NOOOO we don't want it to fly by. We want it to slow down. Maybe I can just pretend that it is messages from the past and that we are still in January so I can rethink the places I spent my money the past 5 months LOL

Hedy
05-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Mysteriously resolved today. No more phantom messages.