PDA

View Full Version : Is there a WDW resort....

Hedy
05-14-2008, 01:59 PM
That just says home to you? I stayed at DL/POR my first four WDW trips. I stayed at POFQ last trip, and think its size and one bus stop gives it a slight advantage. That said, everytime I see POR pictures or on TV, I get all wistfull for WDW.
you?

jenvance
05-14-2008, 02:07 PM
We love Carribean Beach! We have stayed there three times. We have also stayed at POP, and Coronado Springs. And of the three we love CBR. It is just so nice and relaxing. We wanted to try POFQ last year but when I looked at the pictures on allears, I changed my mind. The resort is absolutely gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I love the big counters by the sink at CBR and POFQ didn't look as if it had such a big shelf. I like to spread out all my personal care products, and I bring a whole suitcase full from sunscreen, to meds, to hair spray, etc. Maybe one time we will try it anyway though, I am sure we would love it, lol. In January we are trying the Polynesian, if we can afford it, still not sure yet.

Magical JenK
05-14-2008, 02:16 PM
POFQ is our favorite "home"! DH just mentioned the other day that if I wanted to change Dec's ressies to POFQ (from CSR) I could...but I know he enjoys the workout room & I DO love the busses at CSR.

If I could make my ideal resort, it would be at POFQ, but w/CBR's sink/counters & CSR's busses!! :0)

disney_girl
05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
We are DVC members at Saratoga Springs Resort. While I read that a lot of people don't like it because of it's size and location, we love it! It just feels like "home" to us. After the hustle of the airport and car rental, when we pull up to SSR, a feeling of relaxation takes over and it feels like home! We also like that it is close to Downtown Disney so that we can get our Earl of Sandwich fix and do shopping late at night!

We have also stayed at the Grand Floridian (I could get used to that one lol) and POFQ, but they didn't give me the same feeling! As far as DL is concerned, we LOVE the Grand Californian and probably would never stay elsewhere!!

It is interesting to hear what people like about the different resorts- there is a perfect one for everyone!!

wdwabby
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
POFQ!

Granted, I only have one trip under my belt, but can't imagine staying elsewhere. When we walked into the lobby for the first time, it just felt right ... and when they said welcome home at the front desk and when we would return from the parks, it really felt like it. We LOVE that resort:love: and if we can go again, we will definitely stay there!

MooseBrains
05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
OKW. It feels like it is Florida. I don't want to feel like I am in upstate NY or in the Southwest. I want to feel like I am in Florida, on vacation and relaxing. OKW has mature and lush landscaping, everyone is laid back and low key. I love having a wash machine and dryer and the rooms are huge.

My favorite is to get up early, before anyone else, make a press of Starbucks and sit on the porch overlooking the golf course. Ahhh peace and quiet, then the family wakes up....

That being said I have stayed at POFQ and we are staying at POR this trip.

linanglab
05-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I wish that we have gone enough to have a "home" resort. Been 3 times on site, 1 time to Sports and 2 times to POR. We really do love POR. Love the relaxing feel, the boat to DTD, and just the slow pace feel (way different then at values). We did, however, love the theming and funness of the values.

Hopefully we will rent points next year and see if we feel more at home....who am I kidding? I could stay under a bench at WDW and feel at home! LOL

arob414
05-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I have been lots of times but stayed, onsite, only once. That time we stayed at All Star Movies. However, this time we are staying at POFQ and I love that so many people, here and on the Dis, have great things to say about it. I'm with Jen, I think I am not going to be crazy about the sinks beyond the fact that there are 2 so 2 of us can be getting ready at the same time. I keep my vanity full of hair and makeup stuff.:p But, someone passed along the idea of using a shoe thingie to hold all your "stuff" and I am going to do that.

linanglab
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I have been lots of times but stayed, onsite, only once. That time we stayed at All Star Movies. However, this time we are staying at POFQ and I love that so many people, here and on the Dis, have great things to say about it. I'm with Jen, I think I am not going to be crazy about the sinks beyond the fact that there are 2 so 2 of us can be getting ready at the same time. I keep my vanity full of hair and makeup stuff.:p But, someone passed along the idea of using a shoe thingie to hold all your "stuff" and I am going to do that.

I used the shoe holder (acutally hung it on the closet pole) and it worked GREAT! I loved it. Kept everything nice and neat. I will use it for ANY hotel I stay at - either WDW or other. It was nice because I have ALOT of "stuff" - lotions, make up, hair stuff, teeth stuff, razors, etc. It was PERFECT!

iluvamystery89
05-14-2008, 06:31 PM
i guess our wdw home is Pop Century-it's the only disney resort DD has ever stayed at (3 times, lol). i would LOVE to stay at the wilderness lodge sometime, though. that place is gorgeous!

disney_girl
05-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I want to stay at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom some day. Those look beautiful!

faithhope
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Fort wilderness campground cabins..

love the kitchen and "living room"

boat ride to MK, and pizza place nearby.

jenvance
05-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I used the shoe holder (acutally hung it on the closet pole) and it worked GREAT! I loved it. Kept everything nice and neat. I will use it for ANY hotel I stay at - either WDW or other. It was nice because I have ALOT of "stuff" - lotions, make up, hair stuff, teeth stuff, razors, etc. It was PERFECT!

That is an awesome idea!! We have a ton of stuff! :sunshine2:

kimntrent
05-14-2008, 08:19 PM
My home will always be POR. But I have to say The Boardwalk is close to home also.

3dog2kidmom
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
That just says home to you? I stayed at DL/POR my first four WDW trips. I stayed at POFQ last trip, and think its size and one bus stop gives it a slight advantage. That said, everytime I see POR pictures or on TV, I get all wistfull for WDW.
you?

Yep. And unfortunately it's one I can't afford... the Poly!

lmroyea
05-14-2008, 09:31 PM
My "home" is definitely Boardwalk. Everytime we've gone we've stayed somewhere new. So I don't have any repeats. But BW was my longest trip (8 days) so I think that's part of it. I LOVE the location. Even on our non-park days I would walk over to World Showcase just to get lunch or a drink (of course that's when I used to get in for free) But every trip since then we've ended up going back to BW for Jellyrolls, or ESPN, or just to walk around. I always have to point out our room (2nd floor, right over the awning on the Bakery) Although it doesn't have some of the features I like in other resorts (food court, peaceful ambience, etc) there's just something about it that feels like home. Can't wait until we can afford to stay there again!

Magical JenK
05-14-2008, 11:21 PM

For CSR I had to "McGuyver" myself a stand out of a luggage rack, a suitcase & a towel. :)

linanglab
05-15-2008, 06:15 AM
You know....after thinking about it a bit more, I really could feel at home at the poly. That is MY dream resort! We visited it last year.....I would love to stay there someday.

arob414
05-15-2008, 07:12 AM
You know....after thinking about it a bit more, I really could feel at home at the poly. That is MY dream resort! We visited it last year.....I would love to stay there someday.

Gosh...me, too. We are going to the luau because I love the atmosphere. Went there (luau), first trip in '79 and have never forgotten. Even brought back some of those funny looking red flowers, didn't make my home feel my other home, tho.

3dog2kidmom
05-15-2008, 07:26 AM

We have stayed there twice. This time at Pop it just felt like we were visiting, not at "home", but it was a real budget trip this time. So on our Magic Kingdom day, we took a boat over to the Poly and had appetizers and drinks in the Tambu Lounge at a table right next to the window and called it dinner :) Ahhhh.... I get wistful, as Hedy puts it, everytime I think of it. We'll be back. Someday.

Mom2aPrincess
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
If it was an adults trip, I LOVED POR and would want to do that over and over, but when including the girls, we have decided we are major Pop fans. It felt like the Disney magic never ended and there was always excitement (the opposite of POR) when we stayed there - not to mention we now can't imagine Disney without the blue drinks and a piece of tiedyed cheesecake every day.

Anna
08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Pop does it for us! We love everything about Pop especially the music! Our kids love Pop too. I love seeing the food court staff dancing to the twist in the morning and the dance they do in the evenings. Too cute! The food court at Pop is AWESOME. They have such a huge variety of foods we can always find something we want. Their shrimp lo mein is wonderful! Who wouldn't love a pool called the Hippy Dippy pool? LOL.

We have stayed at: WL, BC, Ft Wilderness Cabins, and Poly. We loved the cabins but the pool is so lame there. I could easily live at the Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge except they are so expensive! LOL