PDA

View Full Version : SunshineGirl and SunshineGuy in California

SunshineGirl
05-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Calling all of our California friends! Would anyone like to meet up with us Saturday, June 14 near Disneyland?? We fly out in the afternoon, but we would love to meet up with fellow SR friends Saturday morning!

DisneyMa
05-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I would love to, but I live in the bay area (about a six hour drive) Have fun at Disneyland and in CA. If you decide to come up to San Francisco/Sacramento, let me know:D

kimntrent
05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
If I am down there then ya I would love to. I am 8 hours away normally but have been down like 4 times this year already. Here's to hoping.

Kim

ItsmeSunnyV
05-15-2008, 12:51 AM
I would love to meet up with you guys...:love: I gotta run it by my Dh and make sure we don't have anything that weekend. :) Will get back to ya. :p

llgray16
05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm nowhere near there but just wanted to say have a FANTASTIC trip! Hop eyou get to meet some of the SR family while you are there!

sunshinecindy
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I just want to say I hope you have a really crappy time cause I'm so jealous.....I love California.

Hedy
05-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I just want to say I hope you have a really crappy time cause I'm so jealous.....I love California.

Oh, Cindy....:roflt:

m4travels
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM

Bad mom, Bad mom.. BAD BAD BAD

m4travels
05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Looking forward to your visit, Sunshine Family!!

sunshinecindy
05-15-2008, 10:20 AM

At least you didn't call me Mother!!:angel:

m4travels
05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
At least you didn't call me Mother!!:angel:

THAT would have gotten banned, I'm sure!!

Alice28
05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I am going to send you Disney ESP that day- I will be at WDW!

Have a blast and get there 30 minutes before the park opens! Saturdays are CRAZY busy at Disneyland- locals come out in full force! Don't miss the Matterhorn, indiana jones, and my personal favorite- Storybook Land Canal Boats- so charming and an original attraction to the park! Oh, and their Tom Sawyer Island is now a Pirate Island....their Toontown is WAY different (nicer) than WDW's, so at least peek at it. And the Buzz and Space Mtn are WAY better- you have to go on Space at least once!

OK, I'll keep quiet now. DL is my first Disney 'home'; I've only been a WDW convert since about 2003.

sabrina90744
05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I am going to send you Disney ESP that day- I will be at WDW!

Have a blast and get there 30 minutes before the park opens! Saturdays are CRAZY busy at Disneyland- locals come out in full force! Don't miss the Matterhorn, indiana jones, and my personal favorite- Storybook Land Canal Boats- so charming and an original attraction to the park! Oh, and their Tom Sawyer Island is now a Pirate Island....their Toontown is WAY different (nicer) than WDW's, so at least peek at it. And the Buzz and Space Mtn are WAY better- you have to go on Space at least once!

OK, I'll keep quiet now. DL is my first Disney 'home'; I've only been a WDW convert since about 2003.

Great advice, don't forget Caseys, Alice and Mr. Toad.

MrsWonka
05-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I would love to, but I live in the bay area (about a six hour drive) Have fun at Disneyland and in CA. If you decide to come up to San Francisco/Sacramento, let me know:D

We're up here too. But let me know if you decide to come wine tasting in Napa...

SunshineGirl
05-15-2008, 11:53 AM
We're actually going to try to do the prior Monday in San Francisco. Any "must sees" there?

MrsWonka
05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
We're actually going to try to do the prior Monday in San Francisco. Any "must sees" there?

I am a HUGE shopping fan, so I love Union Square (especially their large Disney Store) and Pier 39. If you like garlic there is a great restaurant called "The Stinking Rose". If you decide to do Alcatraz, you have to make reservations before hand.

Soccer Princess
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Have a blast! :)

Blessing and Miracle
05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
I am a HUGE shopping fan, so I love Union Square (especially their large Disney Store) and Pier 39. If you like garlic there is a great restaurant called "The Stinking Rose". If you decide to do Alcatraz, you have to make reservations before hand.

Definitely do Pier 39!! You can't go to SF and not do Pier 39!:p

kimntrent
05-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh it would be cool to meet up here. But I think LA is cool too. Now I am torn. Oh to decide is going to be tough.

nicnik
05-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Are you planning on actually going to Dland? Or just *nearby*? Are you flying out of LAX? Where will you wake up that morning (i.e. I think you mentioned Santa Barbara in the other thread but I don't know if that was a couple of days earlier)? Just trying to help you figure out how to get the most of your day since the LA area is GIGANTIC. :)

SunshineGuy
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM

yeah...you don't have to deal with her during holidays....count yourself lucky.

Blessing and Miracle
05-15-2008, 05:33 PM
yeah...you don't have to deal with her during holidays....count yourself lucky.

Oooweee! You're on a roll! I'm telling!!! Cindy, oh, Cindy where are you?!:rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-03-2008, 09:26 PM
So would anyone like to meet us at the Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel the morning of June 14?

missangie
06-03-2008, 11:19 PM
So would anyone like to meet us at the Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel the morning of June 14?

We'd love to, but the drive would be a little much! We'll have to wait to see you when you get home.

faithhope
06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I feel bad with you coming all the way here... in my back yard so to speak...and me not coming out to see you... but I will be hosting my daughter's 11th birthday that morning.
(Where does the time go??)
Have a great trip!

~Kathie
06-04-2008, 12:08 AM
If you are sightseeing in San Fransisco be sure to see the Golden Gate Bridge. There is a park where you can get up close to the bridge. From there you can see the Presidio. The Presidio is where they are building the Walt Disney Museum.

Walt Disney Family Museum (http://www.disneydreamer.com/WDM.html)

It's scheduled to be open in August 2009. Don't forget to see Lombard Street. That is the famous street that a curvy street. You've seen it in lots of movies.

Get Frommer's San Francisco day by day. It highlights what you should see especially if you have limited time and it comes with a pocket map which we found invaluable. It has shopping, restaurants, hotels, sites to see.......a ton of stuff all by sections.

I love the day by day books. I also have one for NYC and I just bought one for Dublin.

When are you leaving? You can borrow my Frommer's SF if you want as long as I get it back. Let me know, and I'll send it out priority mail tomorrow.

m4travels
06-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Dude and Partner Dude are definitely looking forward to a meet!!! (Partner Dude may not know it yet, but he is most definitely looking forward to it!)

Mandi
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Darn. I'll miss you guys by 2 days. We leave on the 12th. :(

ItsmeSunnyV
06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I really wanted to. But my DH just informed me a few days ago, that his mom will be coming in to Ontario that afternoon, so we'll be the ones picking her up at the airport. :cry:

SunshineGirl
06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Our plans are starting to come together a bit. Good thing since we leave in less than 4 days. LOL!

Sunday--San Francisco. Lunch with high school friends then open the rest of the day. Maybe Alcatraz?

Monday--Wine tour to Sonoma and Napa.

Tuesday--Fresno. Tricia hanging out working in hotel. SunshineGuy doing his Pelco training.

Wednesday--Same as Tuesday.

Thursday--Santa Barbara with Kevin's aunt.

Friday--Disneyland?

Saturday--Disneyland hotel in the morning and flying out in the afternoon.

It's all coming together so fast that I haven't even had time to get excited. But I am starting to get excited now!!

MrsWonka
06-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Monday--Wine tour to Sonoma and Napa.

Hope you have a great time in my neck of the woods. You should definately do the Tram at Sterling (Great Views) in Calistoga if you get a chance. If you are a Francis Ford Coppola fan, you should check out the Rubicon Estates property in Rutherford for a tour of his museum. My winery doesn't have a tasting room in Napa, so I can't sneak you in for a tour and a quick meet. Have lots of fun!!!