PDA

View Full Version : question about a shopping credit (error)

Alice28
05-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I made a purchase at barnesandnoble.com on Sunday for DH. I clicked on the credit card I had stored in there for use, and then I got an email a bit later saying that credit card was no longer valid. Whoopsie, it was expired. So I didn't redo the order, I just resubmitted a new credit card number as prompted. Will that invalidate my SR credit, by having to redo the payment? Just wondering if I should kiss that $1.50 goodbye...Thanks for any info.

m 'n c
05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
No idea as I haven't had that happen before and no one has reported anything similar on here. I would wait it out and see if it comes through this weekend/early next week and if it does then it should be ok. If not then I guess it won't credit. Tough to know.

Alice28
05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
geez you are FAST! LOL- yes, I am hoping that credit shows up this weekend. Normally I wouldn't sweat a BN credit, as I rarely spent more than $25, but I spent $50 this time. Somehow when I know the credit will be more than a $1, I really really want it! :rotfl:

m 'n c
05-15-2008, 10:54 AM
I know the feeling. I am wondering how drugstore.com is going to handle my order since half was on backorder. Should be interesting as well. Definitely post back what happens. I would think if all you had to do was update your CC number then it will be ok but ya never know.

~Kathie
05-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I made a purchase at barnesandnoble.com on Sunday for DH. I clicked on the credit card I had stored in there for use, and then I got an email a bit later saying that credit card was no longer valid. Whoopsie, it was expired. So I didn't redo the order, I just resubmitted a new credit card number as prompted. Will that invalidate my SR credit, by having to redo the payment? Just wondering if I should kiss that $1.50 goodbye...Thanks for any info.

I had that happen to me. And it was at Barnes & Noble. :rotfl:

I had to call to give an entirely new CC. My original CC had been canceled when it was flagged for fraud.

I did get my SR credit. Hope you will too.

~Kathie

Alice28
05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
good to know Kathie, thanks!