PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Rewards Videoblog: Sunshine Rewards Supports Best Friends Animal Society

SunshineGirl
05-16-2008, 10:00 AM
A new videoblog has been posted!

Sunshine Rewards Supports Best Friends Animal Society--Click here to read the full article... (http://sunshinerewards.com/videoblog/2008/05/16/sunshine-rewards-supports-best-friends-animal-society/)

sunshinecindy
05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
This is an absolutely fantastic place to donate a few dollars. When I was the shelter director for a kill shelter that I took over, they helped me make it a no kill, they were there all the way. They house over 2000 animals, including the Vicktory dogs. visit their website for more info.

jnorth1007
05-16-2008, 02:23 PM
This video made me cry! If that doesn't make you want to donate I don't know what would!

faithhope
05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to donate to this organization. I took a long look at their website, and decided to contact them to see if my daughter and I could volunteer. I hope we hear back from them soon. Very few places let kids volunteer, and my daughter so wants to work with animals.

spring
05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
My DH and I have been thinking of getting another dog for a while. Our springer mix is 11 1/2, still in good shape, but we know we can't keep her forever. After watching the video, I couldn't get it out of my mind. This weekend, my DH and I visited a couple of animal shelters to see what was available. We finally found the dog for us on Sunday: a little lab mixed breed, with emphasis on the "mixed", a 7 month old darling dog. She was found in North Carolina in early April, then shipped to the CT Humane Society in early May. She was docile and so scared of humans that she would just curl up in a ball and shiver and shake. They spent two weeks trying to socialize her. When we met her, she had just been put up for adoption, but still very scared. We decided to chance taking her. We've had her now for 3 days and she is an entirely different dog. She is playful and bouncing around. We are crate training her, but perhaps she had been housebroken prior to April, as she has not messed in the house or crate. She is still somewhat shy, but as soon as I can, I'll try to take her picture and post it in the Furbabies thread.

nolacindy
05-21-2008, 02:26 PM
:( I should have known better than to watch this at work!