PDA

View Full Version : United

gpp2001
05-17-2008, 08:43 PM
On Thursday I purchased two tickets for our summer trip on United and I was wondering when the credit will show up. I know for hotels and cars, it doesn't show up until you travel - but with airlines, because they charge you right away - do those credits come in sooner?

Just asking - not looking for why my credits haven't come in. Just wondering when I should be on the look out for them. Thanks.

I meant to put this in shopping - so if one of the moderators wants to move it - please do so. Sorry.
Karn

jnorth1007
05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I haven't actually had any experience with flights but I would imagine that they won't credit until you travel to be sure the flights aren't cancelled. You may however see a 0 entry show up like they do with other travel that will let you know they have noted your purchase. I don't know for sure though if they do that with flights. No help I know.

m 'n c
05-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm thinking it will be after you fly. I recently heard that the credit card companies actually hold the funds until after you fly then they release them to the airlines so when you think you are paying for your flight you are actually paying your CC company who pays after you complete your flight.

gpp2001
05-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Thank you both for your replies - just wanted to let you know - I got credit today!! Yeah me!! So it appears with United that you don't have to wait to get credit until you travel. I'm not going on my trip until July. :cooldance::cooldance:

m 'n c
05-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Awesome to know! Congrats on getting your credit and hope you have a great trip.