PDA

View Full Version : New Washing Machine

Mom2aPrincess
05-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok. I've decided to take the plunge and get a new washing machine. I've been wanting one for months and with my grandparent's situation this seems the perfect excuse to pass mine to them and purchase me a new one.

Suggestions? Right now I'm considering either Sears and have them deliver (I was disappointed though that I couldn't just go pick it up) or a Home Depot gift card so I can in fact go to Home Depot and browse and pick it out myself. Input? Other suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

missymouse
05-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I got a Cabrio that doesn't have the agitator in the center and I LOVE it. It does big loads and is kind of like a front loader but is top load.

Hedy
05-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Have you checked out Best Buy? I know when my brother was washer shopping in 06, they had the best rate.

Mom2aPrincess
05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Have you checked out Best Buy? I know when my brother was washer shopping in 06, they had the best rate.

I hadn't thought of them. Thanks for the heads up. I'll go check them out tonight.

jnorth1007
05-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I bought my last two washers from Home Depot and have had no issues. Best Buy tends to have a really great warranty on their appliances though and that is where I got our big screen TV and the warranty has been terrific.

disney_girl
05-18-2008, 07:34 PM
We just got a fridge at Home Depot and are really happy with it. Not sure if it is still going on, but they were running a promotion where you get a HD gift card back (amt depending on how much you spend). We were able to get $250 back and are off to get some little projects done around here!:cooldance:

sunshinecindy
05-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Got my front loader at HD in January with 0% interest for a year. I did get some HD gift cards to put down on it. The LG is the best, I got the Amana, and I love it. The clothes really are cleaner.

DisneyMa
05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I bought our front loaders in Jan 05. I love them!! I bought them at Lowes (interest free for 18mo) and they hauled away the old ones for free. They are a pricey set, but I think well worth it. I do use the HE detergent. I find it on sale with coupons all the time. If you have any questions, just ask away.....

That reminds me, I have to throw a load in the wash:D

BTW- I have the Whirpool duets (original size, not the sports)

OhMari
05-18-2008, 09:28 PM
If you really like something at Best Buy or Home Depot, you can order it through Sunshines too.

Mom2aPrincess
05-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Went and checked out best buy's website. I hate shopping online sometimes though. I think I'll try to go to our largest town around so I can go into Home Depot and Best Buy and actually see and touch the choices. If available, I'll still come back and purchase online. :)

Thanks so much for all the heads up on Best Buy. I didn't even remember that they sold appliances.

mollyeilis
05-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Suggestions? Right now I'm considering either Sears and have them deliver (I was disappointed though that I couldn't just go pick it up)...

Look at this thread (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=8558) ; looks like that has changed! :sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
05-18-2008, 11:29 PM

Look at this thread (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=8558) ; looks like that has changed! :sunshine2:

Wow! That's the best news I've heard all day. We need to make sure we remind Tricia that she needs to change that info on the SR site. I had almost written them off because of this and Sears is actually my favorite place to buy appliances and tools (probably no real reason but that's just where my grandparents have always said to go). Yea. Now when I go next weekend, I can actually look at Sears, Best Buy and Home Depot. I wonder for instore pickup how long you have to give between ordering and picking up? Wonder if I could pick it out, run to Starbucks and order it and come back and pick it up? :rotfl: