PDA

View Full Version : Help - Not getting credit

chipndale
05-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I am not sure what information you need but could someone help me (I am not the most computer savy) and try and figure out why I am not getting credit. I have been a member for a long time and have never really had any issues with offers crediting other than the normal issues. We moved around the time the whole surveygate was going on and I have not done that many offers and no surveys since then - just haven't had the time. Lately, I have done a few offers with a new email address and a new internet conection and I haven't received credit for anything - other than my shopping :rotfl:. Can anyone trouble shoot with me? What information do you need?

Hedy
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Are you clearing cookies? Using an adware scan? Using IE if you're on Windows?

chipndale
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Yes, I have cleared cookies and I use IE.

Does anyone else use comcast as their ISP? I never had problems when I used good old dial up AOL :rotfl: It was slow but things credited.

m 'n c
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I swear I saw a thread about comcast around here. You might want to search the forums for "comcast". Did you download any programs from them when you set up your new internet connection?

Any new firewalls, virus scans, toolbars?

chipndale
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I am not sure what the tech person did when they did the set up. I will do a search for comcast and see what I can find.

Hedy
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I am not sure what the tech person did when they did the set up. I will do a search for comcast and see what I can find.

I use Comcast and have no problems, BUT they have a toolbar, which i don't have. That may be your issue.

chipndale
05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes, I do have a toolbar - Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

cglaura
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Check here:

Start Menu ---> Control Panel ---> Add or Remove Programs.

See if you see it in that list, if so, there should be an option to remove/uninstall.

I use comcast and have no issues with getting credit, other than the usual "some you get, some you don't".

When you signed up w/ Comcast did you also install their McAffee virus. There are some settings in the default running that may give you issues (auto cookie clearing or something).

askomsky
05-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Check here:

Start Menu ---> Control Panel ---> Add or Remove Programs.

See if you see it in that list, if so, there should be an option to remove/uninstall.

I use comcast and have no issues with getting credit, other than the usual "some you get, some you don't".

When you signed up w/ Comcast did you also install their McAffee virus. There are some settings in the default running that may give you issues (auto cookie clearing or something).

I'll say! The free McAffee we had with comcast was still on our pc after we switched over to verizon (been over a year now) and we just realized recently it was causing some other problems, so we de-installed it. Our wireless router has a firewall and virus scan as does verizon so it was really useless and things have been working MUCH faster (believe it or not) and better without it. My email would take forever to download now it comes through fine. I think the extra layer of protection was really hurting rather then helping us. My point to all of this is yes Comcast's Mcafee does have settings that need to be adjusted.

chipndale
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone. :cooldance: Yesterday I was able to get the .02 click and then on the hour the $1.00 came through. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I finally have everything OK so that I can get credit for offers again.