PDA

View Full Version : Nick Suites? Anyone stay here?

fourfoxesinpa
05-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I know it's not Disney but wondering if anyone has stayed here? Reviews please?

Blessing and Miracle
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
No, but we did visit and from what we experienced it was awesome! Very expensive, but I think it would be worth it. I would definitely spend a couple days simply enjoying the hotel and all it has to offer!:)

mjjmbnmm
05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
We stayed there 2 years ago, it was o.k, but very pricey. How old are your kids, mine were 7 and 8 at the time, and were on the border of it being to young for them. the rooms are painting in a nick theme was was neat, but the carpet in the room was wet and it smelt a little like mildew and the front desk didn't seem to really care, I wasn't aweful, but I don't think we'll stay there again.

3dog2kidmom
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
DD's friends stayed there (7 and 9 year olds) and they said they really didn't like it. I've never seen it so can't tell you anything from personal experience. But like most things that aren't Disney, I am not surprised.

fourfoxesinpa
05-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks ladies!

DH has loads of Priority Club points so the stay would be free. BUT we could stay at a different hotel and use less points. DS is 11 and DD is 9. So, I'm going to have to think about this one...

CindyS
05-28-2008, 06:36 PM
We stayed before it was the Nick theme. It was OK. The pools kept the kids entertained - the food was pretty awful. But it was nice having two bedrooms and a living room, even though they were all very small. We were only there for a couple of days. I think any longer and we wouldn't have been happy.

disneyforever
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
So friends of mine just got back from Florida about 8 days ago. She and her family decided to do a non-disney trip (why, I have no idea LOL). So they stayed at the Nick suites. Her kids are 4, 9, 11. They (kids) all loved the resort. One of the days the kids actually begged to stay at the hotel all day so they could play. My friend and her DH liked the separate areas of the room and liked the themes - but absolutely hated the food. Said it was some of the worst she has had. She also complained about housekeeping never leaving enough towels for everyone. Also, she didn't think they got their monies worth for the high cost they paid. So over all kids loved it, parents so-so. They probably won't stay here again. (Teach her to not do Disney! LOL)

If you need anymore info, I would be happy to ask her.

Mom2aPrincess
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow!! I'm glad you started this. Each time we've rode by, I've thought it would be a neat experience. I always thought I would just keep my Disney room and rent a room over there for one or two nights if I had a very long stay. :rotfl: Not willing to be in Orlando and not be connected to Disney...

fourfoxesinpa
06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the input. I think we're going to book this for 3 nights after our cruise since it is free with DH's points. Kids won't be little like this forever and would probably get a kick out of the themed rooms. Won't be eating there so the bad food isn't an issue and I wouldn't settle for poor housekeeping :angel: Since he stays at Priority Club on a very regular basis, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll treat him (and us) right and I'll be sure to post a report after we return home.

StitchandPooh'smom
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
We stayed there about 2 years ago. The kids were 7 and 3 at the time. The pool area is great, especially if you have a non-park day, but it gets crazy crowded in the evening with lots of kids. Your kids are probably old enough to defend themselves, but I had to intervene a couple of times with kids intentionally splashing my 3 year old because they thought it was funny. I don't mean to suggest that only wild kids go to the Nick Hotel - it's more a function of the large number of kids and the very excited atmosphere - it's not a laid-back kind of place! :rotfl:

The rooms are OK. It was a typical, older Holiday Inn with outside corridors. The carpet was worn and the room needed updating (not sure if it has happened since then or not). The kid's "room" was very small and just had a curtain to pull across it, but the kids liked it. We requested a room that did not overlook the pool - smart move. The pool area is incredibly loud until late at night. The food was extremely bad. We got a good rate through Travelzoo, so it was worth it for a one-time experience, but I am not rushing back. For the price, I prefer a nicer Disney hotel, but your kids will probably love it!

If you are a Priority Club member, they give you a voucher for a couple of 20 oz. drinks and a bag of microwave popcorn.

Anna
08-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks ladies!

DH has loads of Priority Club points so the stay would be free. BUT we could stay at a different hotel and use less points. DS is 11 and DD is 9. So, I'm going to have to think about this one...

If your DS is like mine who is 13....he LOVES the slime! If he has a chance for slime he is in there! LOL. My DD is nearly 9 and still wants to do the Nick hotel, but it is very pricey!!!!