PDA

View Full Version : Disney Shopping-does logging in Mess Things Up?

keishashadow
05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
1st time, ever, that Disney Shopping denied a (small) shopping credit for me:confused:

know that after i linked to the site via SR i did log into my account on the disney shopping site (which i usually don't) only because i wanted to use info i had on file...

just wondering, if it just was a coincidence or does logging into your account mess up the SR credit:blush:

3dog2kidmom
05-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I always log in to my account after using SR's link so I can track my order. I've never (that I can recall) had a problem with anything there crediting.

Make sure you don't have anything in your shopping cart before clearing cookies and clicking through the SR link, however. That could affect your credits.

keishashadow
05-27-2008, 08:27 PM
thanks for replying so quickly, glad to hear it's ok to log in

im bad @ clearing cookies, etc....will make sure to do it next time, 'fer sure!:D

3dog2kidmom
05-27-2008, 08:37 PM
thanks for replying so quickly, glad to hear it's ok to log in

im bad @ clearing cookies, etc....will make sure to do it next time, 'fer sure!:D

And, make sure you log back into SR after clearing cookies before shopping so it will track to you.

MdCaterer
05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I am constantly having issues with them issuing credits. Apparently you can't get credit for using their visa and a bunch of other wierd things. They denied a large order for me in Dec and I haven't bought anything from them since. So actually I have saved a ton of money

linanglab
05-28-2008, 05:40 AM
I have never had any problem with Disney Shopping....and believe me...I have shopped with them often. I always log in to Disney AND always use my Disney Visa there. I make sure I start out shopping with a clear basket and make sure I clear cookies (usually before I even log into SR).

I think clearing cookies is the BIGGIE.

keishashadow
05-28-2008, 07:43 AM
i was saying "ah-ha" when i read about the chase disney visa...guess not the issue

funny thing is, i've had my best luck this month on surveys and i know i haven't cleared cookies:confused:

next time, im going to clear my basket 1st, then log in via SR link & see how it goes

just think the merchant(s) sez no every now & again just to keep us on our toes:headache:

jnorth1007
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
I believe that Disney is one of the merchants where you MUST start with an empty basket and you have to work quickly when you are doing your shopping. I have used my Disney Visa before and not had an issue. You also have to make sure that you are not using any codes or coupons that are not on their site or on SR when shopping.

keishashadow
05-28-2008, 09:59 AM
I believe that Disney is one of the merchants where you MUST start with an empty basket and you have to work quickly when you are doing your shopping. I have used my Disney Visa before and not had an issue. You also have to make sure that you are not using any codes or coupons that are not on their site or on SR when shopping.

well, that's probably the issue...i stacked whatever was on the website as current offering & a DVC code:cry:

live & learn, will have to factor it in next time as to which gives me the best bottom line - thanks for elaborating

jnorth1007
05-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Yep that DVC code was probably what caused the lost credit. Sorry!