PDA

View Full Version : Car rental August

JOLAROCHE
05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I cannot seem to find a good price for an August disney car rental yet. they seem vert expensive. Plus I have noticed they are pushing the SUV they seem to be cheaper. If anyone sees any good deals let me Know thanks.

I need at least a full size car or intermediate SUV

mirandag819
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
You should probably wait closer to your trip. Usually you can find the best deals 30 to 60 days out. It might help to sign up for the newsletters, I see a lot of good last min deals in them. I subscribe to national, budget, and enterprise and get good offers via email, but most of them you can't book too far in advance (I do hate that, because I am an obsessive early planner).

~Kathie
05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I've gotten some really good discount codes and coupons from the Entertainment book (go through SR for $2.00 back and all books are now$9.99). AAA, AARP, Sam's Club and BJ's also have discounts if you are a member.

I just booked for October and used an entertainment book coupon for National Car Rental. National is my favorite car rental co and the one I have rented from for the last 6 years. I have the RI entertainment book and use it for a few things around here but not many. It more than pays for itself with the discounts on car rentals.

Join every car rental's frequent renter club and sign up for their emails. I get emails from every one of them once a week. You can join the Emerald Club (National) free through Mousesavers. EC allows you to bypass the line and go right to your car. That in itself is a godsend......especially if there is a long line.

National's current last minute specials expires June 30th. The new specials ought to be released anytime.

Good luck!

ETA: If you let me know what your dates are, I can check National for you with the coupons. You would have to have the coupons and your Entertainment Book card when you pick up the car.

JOLAROCHE
05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Kathie I did use a code from entertainment with Alamo for now. I am hoping to find a better deal closer to our trip. I am also from RI

~Kathie
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I am also from RI

I knew that!! :) Glad you were able to get something. Alamo and National are the same company. I have better luck with National for some reason. I have a friend that swears by Alamo.

Are you flying Southwest? Sometimes if you fly and get the car through them you get a good deal.

Are you planning on going to the SR meet in Boston August 9th?

JOLAROCHE
05-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I leaving for Disney on 8/8. We fly out that night on SW. We are staying off property 2 nts unless I get a good code for room only. I got a great code for 10th through the 16th in my email from Disney. If I had been home I probably would have gone as I love Boston and SR.