PDA

View Full Version : When will voting begin....

JillyFish
06-18-2007, 12:15 PM
in the Button Contest?

Impatient minds want to know!! :D

SunshineGirl
06-18-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm having a little bit of a fit getting everything into a status that everyone can see because they are all in different formats. But I'm hoping by tomorrow morning at the latest. :)

JillyFish
06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Oooh! Sounds like a challenge. Sorry!

Thanks for the update though. We will just sit tight and try to be patient. (Yah right!)

LuvMyBoys
06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I see that voting has now opened, some really cute designs :)

Doesn't look like mine made it in?? Wonder if the formatting was too problematic? :confused:

TXMouseChaser
06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Some very cute designs..

Mine didn't make it in either. Maybe I sent it in the wrong format or they weeded it out to begin with.

Hedy
06-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I see that voting has now opened, some really cute designs :)

Doesn't look like mine made it in?? Wonder if the formatting was too problematic? :confused:

Where's the voting?

LuvMyBoys
06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Click on the "button contest" under the offers/contest on main page :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 11:58 AM
We did have problems with the formatting on some of them. But I thought that we were able to get almost all of them. Did you get a confirmation email from me that I got yours?

TXMouseChaser
06-19-2007, 11:59 AM
No, it must have had an error sending. It was a big file.. I should have sent it again... :computer:

LuvMyBoys
06-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I didn't get a confirmation email either, I should have checked with you. I just figured since it didn't get bounced back, it must have went through. :(

Can I resend the design to you? It was pretty cute ( a little biased :angel: )and maybe you will want to use it in the future.
:sunshine2:

TXMouseChaser
06-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I can send mine too.. just in case you ever want to use it. I think mine is cute too.

where should I send it.. same address?

kimntrent
06-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh I like them all. But I voted for mine of course. Now lets see what the world thinks.

Kim
________
SHIP SALE (http://ship-sale.com/)

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Absolutely! If I decide to use them for anything, you will still get the $50. :)

kimntrent
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Are you getting a lot of votes.
________
WELLBUTRIN SICKNESS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

Hedy
06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Question for Tricia-how are you going to be making these (printer? professional?) I'm just wondering if we could put our referral # on them?
ETA-as Kimntrent pointed out, this is too complex. Never mind. :)

kimntrent
06-19-2007, 01:19 PM
That may be hard to do though. I mean is someone actually going to stop and write down that ##
________
YAMAHA MIO SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Mio)

Hedy
06-19-2007, 01:35 PM
That may be hard to do though. I mean is someone actually going to stop and write down that ##

True, true.

jnorth1007
06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
The real idea behind these is that people should be able to download these and print them out for use with the clear button holders that they sell in craft stores. This way we can meet up in the parks. This would be like the lime green Mickey heads Disers use. It is a way for us to recognize one another. I don't expect that they will be something Tricia will print up for anyone but herself. I could be wrong in what her intentions are but that was the idea I got from this.

JillyFish
06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
The real idea behind these is that people should be able to download these and print them out for use with the clear button holders that they sell in craft stores. This way we can meet up in the parks. This would be like the lime green Mickey heads Disers use. It is a way for us to recognize one another. I don't expect that they will be something Tricia will print up for anyone but herself. I could be wrong in what her intentions are but that was the idea I got from this.

I don't know :confused: ....MY impression was that they would be the round buttons. Up on the "Button Contest" thread someone asked about size and this was Tricia's answer....

Whatever will fit best on a button. I can always size it up and down a little. But I'm thinking most people would want to wear the 2.25'' buttons. You can always test out your designs at cafepress.com.

I'm pretty sure that the 2.25" refers to a typical round pin button. Maybe Tricia will pop in here and clarify things for us.

jnorth1007
06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes they are round or whatever you want. I said like the mickey heads because I was making an example. In other words they wont be something that is mass produced but downloaded and altered to fit the person. The idea was just to come up with something uniform we could work with the recognize each other.

TXMouseChaser
06-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I am having trouble getting mine to send but I did put it as my avatar! :sunshine:

LuvMyBoys
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
How do you get it as your avatar? I tried to upload mine from my computer and it said invalid file? :confused: Does it have to be a certain type of file?

TXMouseChaser
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I saved mine as a JPEG and then just uploaded it.

What format do you have it in?

LuvMyBoys
06-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I have mine in word format. I'm so bad at all of this computer stuff!! Clip art and microsoft word are about the only things that I know how to use well!! :blush:

sunshinemckenzie
06-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Ohh I was the same way, I thought it was something Tricia was having made and we could get them with our rewards when cashing out. I would gladly use my earnings to purchase a pin to wear at Disney :)

PSL1013
06-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I voted but when you try to go back using the link, I got the following error. Did anyone else get this error?

Not Found
The requested URL /buttons.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.sunshinerewardsforum.com Port 80

Never mind, it's working now....must have been a hiccup??

kimntrent
06-19-2007, 09:21 PM
We should be able to see who is ahead. LOL!
________
Bmw 6 series history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_6_Series)

SunshineGirl
06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
These will actually be just general buttons for people to wear to recognize each other or get referrals. But a couple of the ideas are looking more like things that I could print and you could hand out to get referrals. For example, I'm thinking I could print the money one on green paper and then have a place on the back that tells people where to sign up and you could fill in your userid to get credit for them.

Pooh's Pal
06-20-2007, 12:47 AM
you could hand out to get referrals. For example, I'm thinking I could print the money one on green paper and then have a place on the back that tells people where to sign up and you could fill in your userid to get credit for them.

Great idea....just like passing out a business card! :cooldance:

lilianddomsmom
06-20-2007, 03:10 AM
i think thats a great idea sunshinegirl:)

Anna
06-21-2007, 06:26 AM

She could have them done and sell them to those of us who are not so crafty. Maybe the $$ could replenishe the $$ she loses because of the fraudulent signups and cashouts she is dealing with. Just a thought. :sunshine:

Anna
06-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Ohh I was the same way, I thought it was something Tricia was having made and we could get them with our rewards when cashing out. I would gladly use my earnings to purchase a pin to wear at Disney :)

Me too! That is a good idea! That would help reimburse Tricia for all the fraud.:sunshine:

Belle
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM

I thought we were to design a promotional button for Tricia to send to all of her members (not just those of us who earn rewards for Disney), so that is why I didn't put anything Disney-related on my button. Looks like I won't be the lucky winner of the $50. ;)

Good luck ,everyone! :sunshine:

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Not necessarily. The winners are chosen by the members. If they like yours best they will choose it regardless of why it is to be used. I just didnt want you guys to get to worked up about how well you did or didnt do. I think they are all wonderful designs and way more than anything I could have done. I like the idea of having some of them in paper form to hand out when you meet someone and start a conversation about SR. I think originally the conversation started about being able to recognize each other in the parks. I also think that if some of the designs can be used in a way that promotes the business that Tricia will certainly try that. :sunshine:

Kycha
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
I thought we were to design a promotional button for Tricia to send to all of her members (not just those of us who earn rewards for Disney), so that is why I didn't put anything Disney-related on my button. Looks like I won't be the lucky winner of the $50. ;)

Good luck ,everyone! :sunshine:

You never know. The button I voted for didn't have anything Disney related on it.

Good luck!

Belle
06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Whew. I thought I had misunderstood the purpose of the contest. Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 01:33 PM
And remember that even if you do not win the contest, if we use your design, we will still pay you $50. I know for sure that we will be using AT LEAST 2 of them because we want to have a Disney SR button and a non Disney SR button.

TXMouseChaser
06-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I like the idea of having one that is Disney related and one that isn't.

kimntrent
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Can you see a clear winner yet?
________
Hashish (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 10:02 PM
There is one button that has about a third of the votes so far. The next closest has about 20%. Then they kind of trail off. Interestingly, of the top two, one is Disney and one is not! And one is the one that I liked the most and the other is the one that SunshineGuy liked.

kimntrent
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh that is too funny. I guess I am anxious to see who wins. I wouldn't be if it wern't for the fact that I am one of them in the contest.
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

Pooh's Pal
06-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I guess I am anxious to see who wins. I wouldn't be if it wern't for the fact that I am one of them in the contest.

me too...me too!! :cooldance:

Less than 24 hours till the voting ends!! Yeah!:sunshine2:

jl8595
06-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I think all the buttons look GREAT - I had a hard time choosing!! Good luck everyone! :sunshine:

chipndale
06-25-2007, 12:59 AM
I had such a hard time picking a button. I think everyone did a great job.

JillyFish
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Good luck everybody....

:popcorn:

Pooh's Pal
06-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Good luck everybody....

:popcorn:

You too JillyFish!! Has she announce a winner yet? Soooo exciting..I've never done a contest like that..you'd think I was winning a trip to WDW!!! :rotfl: