PDA

View Full Version : No November or December Park Hours

chipndale
06-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh this is going to drive me crazy! There are no park hours posted for the months of November or December. We will soon be at our 180 day mark for dining ADRs and I want/need to know park hours. We try to plan around the extra magic hours. In December we never seem to make extra morning hours because we have been our too late the night before with the kids. So I try to plan that we are in the parks late. Oh, please Disney post those hours! My DH thinks that I am nuts because I have been waiting for those hours to plan our trip. I love to plan trips to Disney!!!!!!!

Hedy
06-02-2008, 11:57 AM
that's crazy-I know I had mine at my 180 day mark last year.

mom2ian
06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
There are a couple of huge threads on the DIS about this with everyone freaking out that the ADRs they have set up won't work out once the hours are posted. I still have about a week until my 180 day mark, but will probably be staying off property and I think I am only scheduling one character meal so it's not that big of a deal for me. From what I read someone was told by a CM December hours are supposed to be posted around June 13.

Who knows for sure though? Apparently no one at Disney that takes reservations knows anything.

I will say though, that I visited the disney website this weekend and got a little pop up box asking me to take a survey about their site. I filled out info when I first got to the site and then when I tried to leave got another one asking me about my experience. I told them I didn't find the info I was looking for because the hours for November and December 2008 haven't been posted and that's what I was looking for to plan my trip. I doubt it will make a difference, but at least it should be seen by someone. Why else would they ask? I've never seen anything like that on there before, although I have been handed a paper survey at DL when I was leaving before.

chipndale
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, I just got done checking Disneys web page and still no hours! I will just have to make my ADRs and hope and pray that they work out. Since my parents travel with us, we usually have atleast one sit down meal a day. I was thinking about making ADRs for some of the more popular places in my name and ressie number and then having my parents make ADRs in their name and ressie number. I really thought that by now the hours would be up. I guess Disney just wants to drive us all crazy.

pbhall13
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I hear you...I am trying to finalize plans for an early November trip and without the hours posted yet I am somewhat stuck!

Hopefully soon.

Pamela

Magical JenK
06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I know! I am bummed they aren't posted yet too! I'll just make the ADRs next week (wooo hooo!) & hope they work. If they don't, I'll try to change.

Magical JenK
06-03-2008, 10:59 PM
November & December hours are up on Disney.com!!!

pbhall13
06-03-2008, 11:56 PM
where are you finding it?????

thanks jen

Pamela

Magical JenK
06-03-2008, 11:58 PM
wdwinfo.com has the November hours posted, but here are the December hours:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/parkhours/calendarHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage&date=20081201

pbhall13
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
thank you jen

chipndale
06-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Jen, I was sooooo excited that the hours were posted and I had so much planning to do that I totally forgot to come back here and give you a big thanks. I am so glad that November & Decembers hours were posted. Dh thinks I am crazy because I have been thinking and changing our plans all day.

schaery
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
wdwinfo.com has the November hours posted, but here are the December hours:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/parkhours/calendarHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage&date=20081201

Thanks for that. I talked to a CM by phone 2 days ago, and she said she had no idea when they'd put up Dec. hours. I'll be at the Pop 12/7 - 12/13, and am trying to figure out ADR's. It's such a hard decision with so few days. (So many restaurants so little time.:rotfl:).

schaery
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM
On Dec. 10, Disney calendar show AK is having PM-EMH but shows the hours as 9 - 5. Does anyone know how late AK is open with EMH in Dec? Thanks.

Magical JenK
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
PM EMH are for 3 hours, so it would be open until 8pm.

BTW...We're there the 8th-18th & I'm STILL having a hard time picking out ONLY 10 places to eat!! :0)

wilsonfamily4
06-05-2008, 02:52 PM
you guys are getting me excited now waiting for January hours! I'm next I'm next!

I have my schedule alreay made and I cannot wait until the hours come out to see how much I have to tweak it.

schaery
06-05-2008, 03:11 PM
PM EMH are for 3 hours, so it would be open until 8pm.

BTW...We're there the 8th-18th & I'm STILL having a hard time picking out ONLY 10 places to eat!! :0)

Where are you staying? DH and I were at POR last year at that time. We did the DDP, and had a blast picking different places to eat. Yeah, it was HARD trying to decide. DD is going with me this year, and as we're not big eaters I can't decide whether or not to do DDP. Let's see...if you want to use 2 TS credits (if you have DDP), Artist Pointe was absolutely wonderful. We also ate at OHana's, which we really loved, but I see it's getting mixed reviews with the menu change. LTT was good, and Prime Time, of course has a really fun atmosphere. I'm trying to pick out different places this year to take my DD to. What are your suggestions for EPCOT? No San Angel Inn - did that 2 years in a row. How about Chefs de France?

Magical JenK
06-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Where are you staying? DH and I were at POR last year at that time. We did the DDP, and had a blast picking different places to eat. Yeah, it was HARD trying to decide. DD is going with me this year, and as we're not big eaters I can't decide whether or not to do DDP. Let's see...if you want to use 2 TS credits (if you have DDP), Artist Pointe was absolutely wonderful. We also ate at OHana's, which we really loved, but I see it's getting mixed reviews with the menu change. LTT was good, and Prime Time, of course has a really fun atmosphere. I'm trying to pick out different places this year to take my DD to. What are your suggestions for EPCOT? No San Angel Inn - did that 2 years in a row. How about Chefs de France?

We love the DDP too! It's fun to try new places especially when we were able to be on the free dining plan! That was awesome! But it's still such a good deal since we will have a sit-down every day for sure!

We are at CSR, my in-laws will be at POR. We love POFQ, but DH used the workout room a lot at CSR, so we booked there again...I'm still thinking maybe we should move to POFQ...but I digress.

I made my *wish* list of places I'd like to eat the other night & have lots, but nothing new really. We love Cali Grill & LTT so those are for sure! Last year we did 'Ohana & really liked that too. I'd like to try it there for breakfast! Have you ever been there for breakfast? We tried 50 Prime Time last year too & liked it. I don't think that either of us would like Chef de France, so we've never tried it. For Epcot, Le Cellier is a MUST for us & we really liked Coral Reef too.

I was thinking of Artist Pointe this year...it was good huh? Do you remember what you had? Did you do the MVMCP last year? Did you like it? How was the weather? I'm used to September (hot & humid & I LOVE it) so I'm worried I may be a little disappointed in December's weather.

How old is DD? Is she excited to go?? Silly Question!! Who wouldn't be?! It's DISNEY!!

schaery
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I made my *wish* list of places I'd like to eat the other night & have lots, but nothing new really. We love Cali Grill & LTT so those are for sure! Last year we did 'Ohana & really liked that too. I'd like to try it there for breakfast! Have you ever been there for breakfast? We tried 50 Prime Time last year too & liked it. I don't think that either of us would like Chef de France, so we've never tried it. For Epcot, Le Cellier is a MUST for us & we really liked Coral Reef too.

I was thinking of Artist Pointe this year...it was good huh? Do you remember what you had? Did you do the MVMCP last year? Did you like it? How was the weather? I'm used to September (hot & humid & I LOVE it) so I'm worried I may be a little disappointed in December's weather.

How old is DD? Is she excited to go?? Silly Question!! Who wouldn't be?! It's DISNEY!!

Artist Pointe is wonderful. DH had Venison Spring Roll appetizer (which aren't on DDP now you know) and Buffalo steak. My bite of it was really good but I'm not a big meat eater. I had the mixed green salad and Tuna Steak. Both were good. We both got the Berry Cobbler for dessert. Yummy! The atmosphere is very nice. Oh yeah...we did the MVMCP. I loved it. DH wasn't so thrilled cuz he's not a big WDW fan, and we had been there since 8 a.m. EMH. He didn't quite get all the excitement as he was about ready to turn back into a pumpkin. The fireworks and castle were beautiful. Weather was absolutely perfect. December is a little tricky cuz it can be warm in the day and very chilly at night but last year was upper70's in the day and lower 60's at night. I'm guessing if you love the hot and humid weather you must not be from the south. We didn't have any wait to get on the rides that were open which are most of the major ones. I'm going to buy my MVMCP tickets after payday next week for 12/11. I'm a little nervous about the crowds this year though cuz it's Pop Warner week. :( I've read good and bad about the parks when they're there.

DD is 17. I took her when she was 3. She was a real :headache:. Then I took her when she was 10, and she wimped out every day at 3:00. So I told her I wouldn't take her back til she was 18. (Okay, so she'll turn 18 a few weeks after we come back). People would look at me stupid when I'd tell them I was going to WDW w/o my kid but I have way too much fun (and spend too much $$) for it to get messed up. I trust she'll have a much better time now - I hope. Is it cool to go on vacation with your mom at 18?

Magical JenK
06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh funny! Well at any age, isn't a Disney trip cool?? You guys will have a blast!!

I'm debating between the MVMCP on the 9th or 11th. The 11th is my bday, but I've been reading on the disboards that there is a very large group going there that night. I'm hoping/thinking the 9th may be a little less crowded since it's a Tuesday?! But of course I'd rather be there on my bday!! :0) Still not sure yet!

No, not from the south, but would move there (anywhere it doesn't snow) in a heartbeat!! LOVE heat & humidity, we get some but it seems like we have more cold & snow than anything, so I embrace the warmth!! :0)

chipndale
06-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Jen, we have done MVMCP the past two years on a Tuesday and it was not as crowded as the Thursday evening one. We do the party Tuesday night just for the Christmas shows and parades. My kids love seeing Santa in Disney! We are always at the MK for the extra morning hour and stay there until the park closes. When we have left there is alot of party goers! IMO it seems more than Tuesday night.

It is funny that you are considering changing room ressie. We booked Pop because this is another trip for us and we wanted to keep it budget friendly and now I am having second thoughts because we usually stay at the moderates and I know that we are going to miss the refrig in the room. I love CSR - that is my favorite! I guess that I am worried about Pop Warner week and all the kids at the Pop - just trying to explain why we need to change to a moderate. Decisions, decisions, decisions - what is a girl to do?

schaery
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Oh funny! Well at any age, isn't a Disney trip cool?? You guys will have a blast!!

I'm debating between the MVMCP on the 9th or 11th. The 11th is my bday, but I've been reading on the disboards that there is a very large group going there that night. I'm hoping/thinking the 9th may be a little less crowded since it's a Tuesday?! But of course I'd rather be there on my bday!! :0) Still not sure yet!

No, not from the south, but would move there (anywhere it doesn't snow) in a heartbeat!! LOVE heat & humidity, we get some but it seems like we have more cold & snow than anything, so I embrace the warmth!! :0)

Ah, now you've got me worried about going on the 11th - more worried I should say. I really don't have an option though because my brother is bringing my mom that night. She'll be in a wheelchair so I know he'll want me to help out with the pushing. She could ride a scooter but then she'd probably wipe out half the people there. Also, I know people from MouseFest will be coming in for the "land" portion of their vacation but I don't know that that's alot. I'm more concerned about PW folks. (Sorry if any PW folks are reading this but we just hear so many negative things). Last year it wasnt' crowded on Thursday night when we were there but I suspect it will be different this year.

If you love the heat and humidity, you should come now. Yesterday was 88? with 88% humidity. (I'm on the AL Gulf Coast). For me that equals a good hair day :clap: (which normally makes everyone elses flat) so I don't mind so much plus I'm pretty cold natured.

schaery
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
It is funny that you are considering changing room ressie. We booked Pop because this is another trip for us and we wanted to keep it budget friendly and now I am having second thoughts because we usually stay at the moderates and I know that we are going to miss the refrig in the room. I love CSR - that is my favorite! I guess that I am worried about Pop Warner week and all the kids at the Pop - just trying to explain why we need to change to a moderate. Decisions, decisions, decisions - what is a girl to do?

I've read that PW don't normally stay at Pop but who knows. I asked CM if she could tell me where they seem to be congregating this year but she says they're not given that info. Hmmm...I don't know 'bout that but.... We'll be staying at the Pop. We won't be there that much anyway so I guess it's be okay. I just hope the parks aren't too crowded. Although the 2nd week of Dec last year was more crowded than in the past anyway without PW or any other special groups.