PDA

View Full Version : I must have a rain cloud like Eyore!

mia214jia
06-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Tricia , anyone??? Ok update Found the eyeball at the bottom of the screen with the big circle with the line through it. Clicked on it and it still says SR addy blocked... evevn though I went to IO and fixed it. So I went to settings there and changed it but when I close it out it still shows blocked... Where do I need to go?
SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

SunshineGirl
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Do you get credits for the Greenfield surveys?

mia214jia
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
No havent for over a month. And I dont do any surveys through anyone else.
Although for the ones I attempt here I get emails from in my inbox. The only way they have my email is from when I sign in. And no else in my home does either.
SIGH................ its just frustrating.... I lose out so much $$$. It's just hard not to get down about. I dont want this to be a thread where others start to complain! I am in a situation where I just seem to fall into a crack through with the affilates and cant file a TT or dispute.

SunshineGirl
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
The answer has to be with your computer settings because daily survey credits are usually the most straightforward. They are not contingent upon IP address, you can do them day after day, and your email address doesn't rule you out. So it is strictly an issue of either your computer not accepting cookies or something overwriting them. What browser do you use?

aknight373
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
i was the sameway you are right now when i first got my new laptop that ran off of vista. I had to go into the settings and changed it to accept third party cookies and now i have been getting credit for the surveys and offers.

mia214jia
06-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I have vista too... But I had vista when I first signed up with SR and had no problem. ???????????

cglaura
06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Are you running spybot? If so, did you ever run the "immunizize" portion of the program? That will put a blocked list in IE.

What virus protection do you use? If AVG free and you updated to 8.0 (since the old was extinct after May 31), there was an option to install a toolbar. I chose not to, and not sure if it matters...most toolbars don't help with our credits though. Also the new AVG has some auto cookie handling features you may want to make sure they are set to not clear/accept all cookies.

And I guess an obvious, but not asked yet question is, when is the last time you created a new email address? Maybe it is just oversaturated with the advertisers?

mia214jia
06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
No spybot but I do have Norton. I think I have taken care of that one.
I did go into my internet options and found this ...
Advance Privacy Settings
(box) override automatic cookie handling. So I check it.
That gave me the option to check the boxes for accepting 1st and third party cookies.
then (box) for allow session cookies.... do I check it or not. not sure but I have for now..
Any advice would realllllllly be appreciated.

DarcyDog
06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Advance Privacy Settings
That gave me the option to check the boxes for accepting 1st and third party cookies.
then (box) for allow session cookies.... do I check it or not. not sure but I have for now..

I think this info was in a sticky and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but you should check allow for first and third party cookies and you should also check Always allow session cookies.

I too have Norton and noticed you said you had taken care of that. What did you do? I just want to make sure I've done the same thing.

Thanks in advance and good luck!

mia214jia
06-04-2008, 09:00 AM
When our Norton runs, it wants to automatically fix the cookie issue. I just disabled it. And the low setting it wants to override that too. Same thing just disabled it. And thanks for your input. I did check it as well.

DarcyDog
06-04-2008, 09:05 AM
When our Norton runs, it wants to automatically fix the cookie issue. I just disabled it. And the low setting it wants to override that too. Same thing just disabled it. And thanks for your input. I did check it as well.

I really know next to nothing about Norton. How do you disable it? I have made some adjustments to it, but maybe I didn't make the correct adjustments.

aknight373
06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Advance Privacy Settings
that is what i did in my vista laptop.. when i sign on with my laptop i will double check

mia214jia
06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
This is really a pain in the dareair! But I am determined to get past this even if I have to dye my hair again from more grey coming out with my frustration :rotfl:
Let me know what you find out aknigt:D
Darcy... the only thing I do with Norton is when it finishes scanning I override the automatic fix that it wants to do. Which is the Privacy thing. HTH

cglaura
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Tricia , anyone??? Ok update Found the eyeball at the bottom of the screen with the big circle with the line through it. Clicked on it and it still says SR addy blocked... evevn though I went to IO and fixed it. So I went to settings there and changed it but when I close it out it still shows blocked... Where do I need to go?
SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you try here:
Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Privacy Tab (on the top...in between Security & Content tabs).

On the Privacy Tab window, there are 4 buttons, Sites, Import, Advanced, Default.

Click the Sites button.

On that window will be a list of all blocked sites. I just clear the whole list.

You may need to reboot computer after to make it take hold.

mia214jia
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Yes I have checked that one and it is clear. But thanks for your input :banana: