PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Free shipping?? Cindy...

ligrumpygirl
06-04-2008, 09:25 PM
I have an order of $54 ready to go and it is charging me shipping. It is only 9:30...thought I would have made the free shipping time...

sunshinecindy
06-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I have an order of $54 ready to go and it is charging me shipping. It is only 9:30...thought I would have made the free shipping time...

Heres the exact text link that they sent me

For three days only, from June 2nd ? June 4th, Omaha Steaks will be offering FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on all orders.

One would think that means till midnight. I just tried and it charged me shipping too.

ligrumpygirl
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Oh well...just saved myself $50 haha

sunshinecindy
06-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I emailed the AM so she would know exactly what time our members were trying to make their purchases. This isn't right and I let her know. We'll see what she says.

Momtoaprincess
06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I emailed the AM so she would know exactly what time our members were trying to make their purchases. This isn't right and I let her know. We'll see what she says.

I didn't know they had free shipping during those days. I placed an order on June 3rd for $108.00 and they charged me $18.99 in shipping costs. :cry:

sunshinecindy
06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I didn't know they had free shipping during those days. I placed an order on June 3rd for $108.00 and they charged me $18.99 in shipping costs. :cry:

You must not have clicked through our link then cause it was automatic if you did.

Momtoaprincess
06-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I did click on that link. I was in a hurry to order before bed so I didn't read what they had posted.*slapping self on head* LOL

mirandag819
06-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Darn it.... I got stuck late at work and didn't want to take the chance of it not crediting if I did it on my work computer :computer:..... hurried home to place an order for dh and I am having the same problem.... I thought since it was still the 4th I was okay. :cry: BUMMER ! Oh well I find something else for him instead.

Momtoaprincess
06-04-2008, 11:24 PM
You must not have clicked through our link then cause it was automatic if you did.

To make sure I did it right the first time, I just went and clicked on that link again. I placed an order in my cart and tried to check out. The shipping charges were automatically added again and I cleared my cart.

~Kathie
06-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I did click on that link. I was in a hurry to order before bed so I didn't read what they had posted.*slapping self on head* LOL

Did you scroll down to the coupon links under the banner?

The link you had to click through was in the coupon link advertising free shipping under the banner. Many times there isn't a coupon code listed but clicking on the link will get you the deal. Omaha is one of those sites that has a different web page come up depending on how you clicked into their site.

I ordered a gift pack I found when I clicked on the SR link for my FIL at the end of May. When I went to order the same package for my son a week later, I couldn't find it. The page that came up was totally different than the one the week before. Both of those orders were placed before the free shipping period. I finally found the gift pack by doing a search.

For my third order I placed yesterday around 5pm ET, I clicked through the coupon link under the banner and I received free shipping. There was no code to put in......it was automatic.

Sorry for those of you that missed the free shipping. One would think that the free shipping or any special deals would have been valid until midnight.

Momtoaprincess
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Did you scroll down to the coupon links under the banner?

The link you had to click through was in the coupon link advertising free shipping under the banner. Many times there isn't a coupon code listed but clicking on the link will get you the deal. Omaha is one of those sites that has a different web page come up depending on how you clicked into their site.

I ordered a gift pack I found when I clicked on the SR link for my FIL at the end of May. When I went to order the same package for my son a week later, I couldn't find it. The page that came up was totally different than the one the week before. Both of those orders were placed before the free shipping period. I finally found the gift pack by doing a search.

For my third order I placed yesterday around 5pm ET, I clicked through the coupon link under the banner and I received free shipping. There was no code to put in......it was automatic.

Sorry for those of you that missed the free shipping. One would think that the free shipping or any special deals would have been valid until midnight.

Yep, I clicked on the link underneath the Omaha Steak banner. I tried placing another order again, to make sure I did it right, and I still didn't get the free shipping. I am thinking that I should have cleared out my cookies before I placed the order and maybe it would have shown up by then.

I received my order today and it was definitely worth the $19 in shipping costs.:)