Question about this offer.

Do I have to sign up for it under my name or can I sign up for it under
DH name?

aknight373
06-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Question about this offer.

Do I have to sign up for it under my name or can I sign up for it under
DH name?

i signed up for it under my husband name and i did get credit for it!! hope that helps :love::sunshine:

DooDahDay
06-10-2008, 08:03 AM
i signed up for it under my husband name and i did get credit for it!! hope that helps :love::sunshine:

I signed up under MY name a couple of months ago and did not get credit. DH has had an account for years but I have never had an account myself. Someone posted here that the reason I did not get credit was because someone else in my household has an account.:confused:

I'd really like to know the official rules on this offer so I can file a TT if I really should have gotten credit.TIA

jnorth1007
06-10-2008, 09:50 AM
You can't file a TT on this offer because it is free. There are different reasons why you may not have gotten credit and I don't necessarily believe that it was because of there being two accounts in your household. I believe that others have had two accounts in the household held by two different people and have gotten credit. It is a gamble to try the offer on whether or not the credit will show so don't do the offer if you don't want/need the account. If the credit shows up it will be (as always) free money.

DooDahDay
06-10-2008, 05:20 PM
You can't file a TT on this offer because it is free. There are different reasons why you may not have gotten credit and I don't necessarily believe that it was because of there being two accounts in your household. I believe that others have had two accounts in the household held by two different people and have gotten credit. It is a gamble to try the offer on whether or not the credit will show so don't do the offer if you don't want/need the account. If the credit shows up it will be (as always) free money.

I did, in fact, want to sign up for my own ebay account and made the decision to choose SR as the site in which to do it through.

I can understand how TT would not be allowed on gambles. I mean, after all, if I bet on a horse and it loses I certainly should not have the right to take up someone's time and effort having them investigate why my horse didn't win. I took a gamble. I lost.

Yet, in all fairness, if this offer was a gamble, shouldn't the offers have said something to the effect..Signup for ebay and you "might" get $12.00!?

Hedy
06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I did, in fact, want to sign up for my own ebay account and made the decision to choose SR as the site in which to do it through.

I can understand how TT would not be allowed on gambles. I mean, after all, if I bet on a horse and it loses I certainly should not have the right to take up someone's time and effort having them investigate why my horse didn't win. I took a gamble. I lost.

Yet, in all fairness, if this offer was a gamble, shouldn't the offers have said something to the effect..Signup for ebay and you "might" get $12.00!?

At the end of the day, pretty much all offers are gambles-are you in the compny's system? Is the phase of the moon right? It's kind of the way of the rewards world.

jnorth1007
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM

The reason a TT can not be filed is because we cannot PROVE to ebay that you clicked through our site to open that account. While it sounds silly there are actually many people who have done an offer through a different rewards site and then came back to SR weeks later wanting to know where their credits were. When the TT was filed with the company (because at one time we did try to track down these types of things) the advertiser would inevitably come back and say that their records show that the person clicked through another link. So lets say your husband had been on his ebay account that day and then you came later and did the offer his cookies could still be there and so the offer would not post through SR. Finally last year the advertisers decided to not allow SR to submit disputes for unpaid offers. Since SR cannot submit anything to ebay you in turn cannot submit anything to SR. All of the offers are subject to SR being paid. If SR doesn't get paid, members don't get paid. It is the nature of the free money. Some you win and some you lose.

SunshineGirl
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
eBay is pretty unapologetic. They actually post in their affiliate forums that they know that they are having a lot of tracking problems and they are trying to get them fixed over the coming months. But there isn't really any mechanism for disputing credits with them. Believe me, it's crappy on our end. We send them business and sometimes we get paid for it and sometimes we don't. They are so big that they really don't care if we drop them from our site.

sunshinecindy
06-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Besides requests for any TT must be done within 30 days of the purchase or whatever if its eligible for a TT.