PDA

View Full Version : Wireless routers

DarcyDog
06-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm still new, and I can see that getting credit for some offers can be hit or miss. However, I wondered if the fact that I'm using a laptop and wireless router as opposed to sitting at my PC could be affecting my ability to get credits. Anyone know anything about this? Are there some settings on my PC that should be changed? :confused:

askomsky
06-09-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm still new, and I can see that getting credit for some offers can be hit or miss. However, I wondered if the fact that I'm using a laptop and wireless router as opposed to sitting at my PC could be affecting my ability to get credits. Anyone know anything about this? Are there some settings on my PC that should be changed? :confused:

I thought that at first too bc it seemed like the first few shopping orders I did via WiFi I had to open TT's for, but it could of been a fluke, OR not clearing out right before placing an order, taking to long to shop etc. Things that have been mentioned in other threads.

The only thing I would check is the settings on your firewall, if your laptop is set up to accept 3rd party cookies though I don't know where the problem could be. I didn't have to adjust our firewall settings, but then again we have a 2nd layer of protection through our provider and the wireless router.

mirandag819
06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I use a wireless laptop and a wireless desk top too, both seem to credit just fine for me.

fourfoxesinpa
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I use my laptop with Vista with two different wireless networks and don't really have any problems.

DarcyDog
06-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Well that blows my theory on that. Thanks to all of you for your replies. I will continue to chalk it up to hit or miss. :D

chipndale
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
I might be wrong but I thought that I read somewhere that Janet was having trouble with a wireless router and getting credit. I will see if I can find the post.

chipndale
06-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I looked and can't find the post. Maybe someone else can remember if it was Janet that was having trouble with her router.