PDA

View Full Version : My Days on the Dis are Numbered

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm probably going to end up getting banned for starting a fight. But I couldn't help it!! I am so angry now that my blood pressure is through the roof. That poor site owner is going to end up getting all of those credits revoked at some point and could even risk getting their account cancelled. I really thought that we were doing a good job of walking people through how not to raise red flags with the merchants, but I guess I was wrong!!

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
No I read your response and I dont find that you were ugly or disrespectful to anyone. You stated your case in an intelligent manner and I doubt the powers that be at DIS will go after you for that.

m 'n c
06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
I've been having issues with that poster the past 2 days. Anytime anyone asks a question about a reward program they have to throw in that new site and how much better it is at crediting offers, etc when it is not relavant to the thread at all! It just makes me mad. There is no way you can legitimately do 80 offers in one day and have 70 more pending. That is riduculous.

I feel for you tricia and I hate to see people over there promoting their ways to "screw" over the reward sites as long as they get their payment/prizes as this poster put in a pm to me last night.

I hope their credits get reversed on them. (is that too spiteful?)

Honestly if I didn't do 2 other sites regularly as well as this one I'd never go down to the rewards board. It was so much fun a month ago before it was taken over by these "newer" sites and "newer" posters. I think I'm going to limit what I say down there and not be as helpful as I use to though. Not worth my time or effort to only get argued with or lectured on how these things are ok to do, etc.

Mandi
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't think you were out of line at all. Honestly I think that what you said needed to be said. I really don't think that people who are new to GPT's realize that what they are doing (multiple sign ups in one day) is considered fraud. They may unintentionally be contributing to the problem without realizing it. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who know how to work the system and do hop from reward site to reward site just for a quick buck. :mad:

m 'n c
06-21-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't think you were out of line at all. Honestly I think that what you said needed to be said. I really don't think that people who are new to GPT's realize that what they are doing (multiple sign ups in one day) is considered fraud. They may unintentionally be contributing to the problem without realizing it. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who know how to work the system and do hop from reward site to reward site just for a quick buck. :mad:

I agree. What makes me mad is that there are enough people over there who know what the problem is but yet they keep jumping from site to site and do offers and quickly cancel. Basically do a site until they have their $500 or more and then move on. I know at some point they will get caught and banned or have credits reversed, etc so the karma truck will flatten them. I just hate how they so freely talk about it and steer the new posters in the wrong directions and to the wrong programs. I really feel like it does the new people a disservice but there is nothing to stop it.

~Kathie
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Tricia,

As a Rewards site owner, you responded to that poster in a very professional manner.

They poster is only out to beat the system as their posts come right out and state it. Unfortunately as mentioned, it affects everyone. The advertisers are taking steps to close these loopholes. Hopefully it won't have an adverse effect on SR.

As people who know better, we can only hope to point new people in the right direction.

:hugs: to you!

Hedy
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I really wish something could be done the fact that the rewards board has become such a Hotspot for shill advertising.

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I really wish something could be done the fact that the rewards board has become such a Hotspot for shill advertising.

I know. I have no idea what to do. But I think it is 1) teaching people how to be cheaters, and 2) taking away from the real community feeling of the board.

And because the DIS is so huge and indexed by all of the major search engines so quickly, advertisers are probably getting copies of all of those posts. For example, if someone posts on there and uses the phrase "sunshine rewards", I usually get an email that night from Google. I'm sure that other companies have those alerts set up as well and are just watching for people to post about ways to cheat them.

chocovrdmicears
06-21-2007, 02:27 PM
I think it is scary because lots of 'newbies' like myself really looked to the Disboard when starting rewards programs . So I think the information over there now can be VERY dangerous to both ALL rewards programs as well as anyone starting out. Anyone who doesn't 'know' better certainly is going to intrigued by the possibility of earning $500 by sitting at a computer for 5-6 hours. I think Tricia you did a wonderful job of stating a professional point of view.As a site owner you clearly have more insight and more invested in keeping these programs honest. We see your integrity over here in everything that you do to protect US, as well are your business. Personally I give you credit for not addressing the 'most owners are tremendously wealthy, the just choose NOT to give back' comment...That really really ticked me off. :mad: :mad: as I have never been involved with a more generous community as SR. I think it's really important for the message to get out that
if it seems to be too good to be true, it is!

photos_101
06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Tricia, I just have to say that I admire you for being able to stay so calm when you posted. You have more self control than I would have had. I was ranting and raving right here in my chair..LOL I sure hope that you have a way of blocking people like that from your site. People like that is what is going to ruin it for everybody. Sad..very sad...but then again this is coming from somebody who gets excited and is just happy with earning .80 a day for doing a survey. :rotfl:

You are the reason why I stay with Sunshine. I know that you are honest and would do what you needed to run a wonderful site. So kudos to you!

faithhope
06-21-2007, 03:28 PM
As a newbie to doing more than just clicks...
I appriciate that you get out the truth, so in my ignorance I don't ruin it for everyone. I've seen too many click sites come and go... I want this one to stay around a LONG LONG time... unlike any others there is a sense of community here.

Faith

Magical JenK
06-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Dang...I missed the drama (aka Nosey Jen got in too late to see what other posted had said--she deleted everything).

Do you really think you'll be banned from DIS though? You didn't state anything that says SR is better than XYZ site, so do mine instead. You just stated something EVERYONE who is doing ANY GPT site should know & be aware of.

Bravo!

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
You suppose she would have deleted her posts if she really thought she had done nothing wrong? :rotfl:

m 'n c
06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Dang...I missed the drama (aka Nosey Jen got in too late to see what other posted had said--she deleted everything).

Do you really think you'll be banned from DIS though? You didn't state anything that says SR is better than XYZ site, so do mine instead. You just stated something EVERYONE who is doing ANY GPT site should know & be aware of.

Bravo!

well i guess we won't be seeing her around those boards any time soon if she can't even stand by what she posts. Next time there is someone like that I'll have to quote their post in my reply.

I hope Tricia doesn't get banned from the Dis. I think her contributions over there are very valuable but if she does I know I can find her over here. We'll just have to do a little expanding around here so we can chat it up. :sunshine:

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I dont foresee her getting banned. Nothing was said that was grounds for banning. She merely stated the facts. Unfortunately not everyone had high moral standards. I will agree that it is not legally wrong what she was doing but it is grounds to have all of her money revoked. If you get banned from a rewards site they dont send you a parting check LOL you forfeit the money you have earned. I think that everyone on SR is well aware of what is allowed and what isnt. I also know that you wont jeopardize those standards. It is nice to know that there are still businesses and people in the world that uphold high moral standards and follow the rules even if it isnt always fun.

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Believe me, I was biting my tongue when she was talking about how wealthy rewards sites owners are. Don't get me wrong. I consider myself a lucky girl. But DH is the primary breadwinner in my family. LOL!

speechteachri
06-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Good for you Tricia...and good for us too for you sticking up for what is best for all the GPT sites. I am really dismayed by all this. I have avoided the DIS reward board lately, and only checking in there about once a day or so. I am literally afraid to post there now. I don't like all the controversy, and I don't like the tone it has taken. As we all saw a couple weeks ago, and now again this week...it only takes one to shake things up. What makes me mad is it also only takes one to ruin things for everyone else.

So thank you Tricia for standing up for your site and in the process, for all of us who enjoy participating!

I'll stick to the budget board from now on on the DIS!

And I am actually considering this my new "board home" now!:)

speechteachri
06-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Believe me, I was biting my tongue when she was talking about how wealthy rewards sites owners are. Don't get me wrong. I consider myself a lucky girl. But DH is the primary breadwinner in my family. LOL!

I hope that I am not just being skeptical, but I truly hope that she removed her list for the reasons that she gave. A part of me is wondering if that rewards site owner (instead of taking back her credits and banning her like he should have) just told her to delete it and keep her nose clean.

<really, really hoping that I hear back from him that he is banning her and not rewarding her behavior with a prize>

I don't like to be vindictive, but I hope she is not rewarded for this type of behavior either.

Hedy
06-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Good for you Tricia...and good for us too for you sticking up for what is best for all the GPT sites. I am really dismayed by all this. I have avoided the DIS reward board lately, and only checking in there about once a day or so. I am literally afraid to post there now. I don't like all the controversy, and I don't like the tone it has taken. As we all saw a couple weeks ago, and now again this week...it only takes one to shake things up. What makes me mad is it also only takes one to ruin things for everyone else.

So thank you Tricia for standing up for your site and in the process, for all of us who enjoy participating!

I'll stick to the budget board from now on on the DIS!

And I am actually considering this my new "board home" now!:)

Is there something about Thursdays on that board?

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah she went back and edited all of her posts about how much she made. Even the ones that weren't on the thread. I would hate to accuse but it looks like a settlement to me LOL if she had just been banned from the sites she wouldn't have bothered to edit, she would have just walked away.

m 'n c
06-21-2007, 04:52 PM
You know the surprising thing to me was the number of posts she had. She seemed to have been around the Dis for a while. Normally when people come in the way she did they have less than 50 posts not over 1000. She should know better!

I am glad she took out the stuff in other threads. Most the time it was advertising that site instead of staying on topic and helping answer the question.

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I agree with you about Thursdays. Maybe it is a full moon or something? LOL! Seems it was about a month ago the last time that things went c-r-a-a-a-a-z-y.

This is one of those nights that I am going to rely on my faith and sense of right. As much as it eats away at me to know that other sites are financially doing really well as a result of exploiting this situation, SunshineCindy beat into my head as a child "what comes around, goes around." We'll just keep doing our thing over here (non-fraudulently) and know that the money will keep rolling in. Maybe not as much for a little while. .:rotfl: But we'll all do okay if we are creative and honest.

Hedy
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=SunshineGirl;11537I agree with you about Thursdays. Maybe it is a full moon or something? LOL! Seems it was about a month ago the last time that things went c-r-a-a-a-a-z-y.

This is one of those nights that I am going to rely on my faith and sense of right. As much as it eats away at me to know that other sites are financially doing really well as a result of exploiting this situation, SunshineCindy beat into my head as a child "what comes around, goes around." We'll just keep doing our thing over here (non-fraudulently) and know that the money will keep rolling in. Maybe not as much for a little while. .:rotfl: But we'll all do okay if we are creative and honest.[/QUOTE]

That does not sound good. Do they belong to the gpt collective?

The Cheshire Cat
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I actually think the tone of the dis rewards board has changed a lot in the past few months. It was so helpful and NICE sort of a rewards board community and then all that crap started with people attacking Dmitry, then that wacko Blearny shoving referrals down everyones throat and now this poster. I think with this latest one people didn't jump on the flame band because she has over 1,000 posts so it kinda threw you off but come on making hundreds of dollars in a matter of hours day after day - the only way to do it is not legit. I'm sure the owner of whatever that rewards program is (don't care - won't go to it to even check it out) is picking up lot's of newbie referrals from the dis. so they might not want to ban her which is a shame because in the end all they are encouraging is a new breed of cheaters.

I thought your post was completely professional Tricial. I hope you don't get banned. I think when you post it helps that board and they should want you to stay.

As far as that silly comment about reward site owners being wealthy - so what - don't let it get under your skin. Even if it were true (wish it was for you) we'd all be happy for you. Bottom line it is a business and you do it for money. Sheese. Just chalk it up to another misnomer.

I find it harder and harder to post over there.

I thank you for trying to set the record straight. I think the seasoned posters knew from the beginning that it something wasn't right. I hope you can stop some of that crap from happening on your site!

sunshinemckenzie
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
boy, I am really starting to hate having to go to work. I miss the amazon gift cards, now this. I wish I would have read earlier.

Tricia, I haven't a clue what you said...haven't made it over to dis yet but I bet it only gets you points then you can join sumrmist and I. We both have 30 points over us until 7-7-07.

Heck, since these forums, I only go over to Dis occassionally and don't post anywhere near the amount I used to. It's so much friendlier here and much much more fun!

coastalgirl
06-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Here's the thing, if we could actually sit on our butts, drinking coffee watching our kids and making hundreds of dollars a day, we would all do it. I agree with Tricia, what goes around comes around. She will get her come upance. It is just a matter of time. The sad thing is, it is people like that that ruin things for everyone one else.

I don't think anything you said was out of bounds, not at all and I read the whole thing before she deleted it. You were honest and professional.
Anywho, who needs the dis when we have SR :sunshine: !!!

JillyFish
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to jump in and say that I too think you handled things really well Tricia. What you said was said professionally and without any malice.... and most of all it was the truth! My Mom and Dad always taught me that if things look to good to be true...they probably are. I still think of that a lot as an adult. Some people just seem to have to take a good thing and ruin it for everyone else by taking advantage of it. I so appreciate that you are always so upfront with us and so accessible. It makes you very trustworthy. I'm so glad that I didn't get sucked in by those other sites and have just stuck with SR. Your integrity has made me a loyal member! You should be very proud of yourself and of your business.

I actually think the tone of the dis rewards board has changed a lot in the past few months. It was so helpful and NICE sort of a rewards board community and then all that crap started with people attacking Dmitry, then that wacko Blearny shoving referrals down everyones throat and now this poster.

Just had to add that this cracked me up. It's probably because WE all left and came here!! :rotfl: I think it was God's providence that you started this forum when you did Tricia!!

wilsonfamily4
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I was so glad that you had posted. She had been bugging me for days but nothing she said was really that bad so I just figured we had to put up with her. I was glad you spoke up because 1 you have a lot more knowledge then we have and 2 she needed to hear it. When I posted I was so afraid everyone would get all over me but it seems everyone feels the same way about her.

I also like that on one of her comments yesterday when she bad mouthed another GP site saying they took a lot of the survey money and left us with very little you stuck up for them as well. It was a real classy thing to do. I was VERY proud of you at that moment.

SunshineGirl
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
That does not sound good. Do they belong to the gpt collective?

Yes. Kira and I have been the only ones talking about it. So I just flat out posted asking the site owner what he intends to do about it. We shall see!

kimntrent
06-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I haven't read the posts or anything but I am in shock. I really can't believe this is going on.

Kim

:sunshine:
________
Ferrari/maserati engine specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari/Maserati_engine)

bbangel
06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
I tend to avoid the Rewards Board now. It is a shame since it was what brought me to SR, which has been such a good experience. I find lately it is full of people who are not playing well with others. It is too bad that new people coming in will get some bad advice and may end up being the ones holding the bag.

Did go over and read the thread and your response and think you did much better than I would have in the situation.

I stick to the other sections of the DIS and do my rewards chatting here where everyone is friendly and trying to act within the rules. Besides you can't play Frogger and Fruit Smash on the DIS!

Tasha228
06-22-2007, 04:21 AM
I always miss the interesting stuff! I will have to find that thread. Sorry you had to deal with that, Tricia!

linanglab
06-22-2007, 06:13 AM
I also missed the drama. I must say though, that I have not been visiting the Dis reward section very often. I, too, have noticed a change in some of the responses. There were some posts from certain people that made me feel uncomfortable.

Your site is awesome, Tricia. You have the best customer service around. This forum proves it. You take time to be apart of your community by posting to us and talking about everyday stuff.

I do hope you do not get banned from the Dis. I love seeing your posts and take what you say over there, especially the advice about offers, etc., very seriously.

Angela

SunshineGirl
06-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Good news. I woke up this morning to some good discourse between the GPT Alliance members. It looks like the old "cheaters never win" adage has come to bear. So I edited a couple of the posts in this thread because I wouldn't want anyone to think ill of the other rewards site. I think all of the owners involved did the right thing to take care of the situation. And the advertisers have been notified.

You all are such good eggs. I've been pushing through all of your cashouts. :)

coastalgirl
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
That's great news!!! :cooldance:

chocovrdmicears
06-22-2007, 09:01 AM
That is great news. I am so glad to see that the GPT alliance members supported you in this. You owners (sausage makers :sick: ) have a tough enough job and to know that they 'got your back' is nice to know. :sunshine2:

Hedy
06-22-2007, 09:15 AM
That is great news. I am so glad to see that the GPT alliance members supported you in this. You owners (sausage makers :sick: ) have a tough enough job and to know that they 'got your back' is nice to know. :sunshine2:

Agreed! :sunshine: :sunshine:

Tasha228
06-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I am glad that it all worked out! I did read the thread after I last posted and I would be absolutely shocked if what you posted would get you banned. You said nothing wrong IMO. I have seen much worse posted that goes without any type of penalty over there!

I don't do a lot of the trial offers for the very reason you mentioned. I don't really want to try a lot of the products and wouldn't be doing it for the right reasons. Now, if I see a trial offer that interests me, then that would be different! I completely understand what you were saying and agree 100&#37;.

I love this site and agree that you are great because you are almost always available for questions and to give advice and to help out if possible, etc. Not a lot of rewards programs are like that and that is why I like it here so much!

jnorth1007
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I have to say that it was very nice to see the response that Kira sent out to her members and asked to be posted on the DIS about cheaters and cheating in general. It shows that she is also committed to making the industry better and keeping things going for those of us who are honest and follow the rules. Just had to give her a kudos along with Tricia for working together to keep things on the up and up.:hugs:

sammielynn
06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
If you take on day off and clean your house you sure miss some things! I may pop over to the Dis to see what is going on. Just to honest I have not been there much since this forum opened up. I don't post here much but I read tons.

sammielynn
06-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Can someone help me. I wanted to read the thread you all have been discussing and just can't find it. What is the title of the thread?

sammielynn
06-22-2007, 07:12 PM
OK, I found it, a very interesting thread. Tricia, you said nothing wrong, you gave facts and giving all the problems you have had lately I'm surprised you held you cool. You are a better person than me.
Some of the things I have read make me wonder if I may be a fraud or at least have been on in the past.:confused: I know from now on I will look at offers in a different way. I really have not done much since the problems began but my vacation has come and gone and Christmas is a long way off so I don't have any goals right now.

sammielynn
06-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I feel so much better:) I have been reading everything I could find about this issue and I'm not a fraud and have never been one! I guess this just goes to show that you should always research before you type.

Mom2aPrincess
07-09-2007, 08:22 PM
.......SunshineCindy beat into my head as a child "what comes around, goes around."

Same thing here...my dad preached this to us growing up and as a teacher I coach several extracurricular academic events and of course we frequently see/hear of ways other schools are cheating or just not doing right (even if it isn't technically cheating) and I try to preach that same philosophy to my students....that karma will come back to bite them and it will come to our assistance one day... :sunshine2:

The Cheshire Cat
07-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I find I can't even make myself post on that board anymore..........................well not the rewards one anywho.

jacaluho
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I think you really kept your cool too. Some people ruin everything for everyone else! Do you really think you will get banned from the DIS boards? I think there will be quite a few upset people if that happens! :computer:

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I think you really kept your cool too. Some people ruin everything for everyone else! Do you really think you will get banned from the DIS boards? I think there will be quite a few upset people if that happens! :computer:

So far, so good. It seems to have died down. But the whole rewards board there seems really chilled out right now. Hopefully we ran out the dirty ones on a rail.