PDA

View Full Version : daily survey timing question

cglaura
06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I know I saw this before but can't seem to find the answer now...

For the daily surveys, do the go by a 24 hour time period, or by midnight.

If I take a survey at 5pm, can I take another the next morning, or do I have to wait until after 5pm the next day?

Sorry in advance, I know this has been discussed! I did search, honest!

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 03:53 PM
It is 24 hours. I am dealing with that now as I got thrown off by a screw up and now I have to wait until 9:30pm everynight to attempt surveys. I am used to doing them at 8am. I thought I had finished one at the beginning of the month in the morning but it didnt post as being completed so when I checked later it didnt give me the exceeds limit message so I took another one. Well now Im stuck doing them at night. Ill wait until after the contest and skip a day so I can get back on track for doing them in the morning.

chocovrdmicears
06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
same EXACT thing happened to me...I usually do them between 7:00-8:00 am but didn't get to one until 9:30 the other night...so I am doing the same thing until the end of the month. :)

speechteachri
06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I often have to try multiple times during the day to try to qualify...especially the past few days, so I never really know when I'll get in and what time I will have to wait till the next day. I wish I could plan it so that I could do it around tha same time every day, but often I don't get in till late in the evening. What a pain. I am just hoping to make it to 10 surveys this month to at least get a small bonus!

cglaura
06-21-2007, 08:49 PM
So if I try to do another w/in the 24 hours it will alert me / not let me take one? Every day I tell myself to write down the time & always forget, so I've just been keeping my fingers crossed that I get credit. I know the approximate time, but never spot on. But if I got through to the completed successfully screen back at SR, then I should be ok?

jnorth1007
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes! If you are within the 24 hours it will not let you take a survey, usually. Sometimes there may some fluke because of cookies that lets you but for the most part if it lets you take one and gives you the success message you are ok.

cglaura
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Yea! Thanks for the info! With all of the hoopla going on I'm trying to stick to something safe that is going to credit well & won't cause an hassles for Tricia. Not to mention I'm trying to get to 20 :rolleyes:

mollyeilis
06-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Also, something I learned yesterday (I think), is that it goes by Eastern time. That impacts me b/c I'm on Pacific time. Since the OP just says "south of nowhere", I don't know what time zone that's in. :) But if you're not in Eastern time, it changes what day it'll be credited on, depending on how close to midnight you do it. (needs confused look here from the way I'm explaining it)

Just the other day I tried for awhile, then forgot (b/c DS splashed himself with boiling water and there was an ER trip), and did one just before midnight, but then it didn't credit until two days later pacific time, b/c it was "done" early in the AM eastern time. Zoiks!

Anyway, hopefully that won't happen with you, but in case it does, now you know!

cglaura
06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the timing info...I'm in the eastern time zone...I'm just a huge Gin Blossoms fan ;)

m 'n c
06-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Also, something I learned yesterday (I think), is that it goes by Eastern time. That impacts me b/c I'm on Pacific time. Since the OP just says "south of nowhere", I don't know what time zone that's in. :) But if you're not in Eastern time, it changes what day it'll be credited on, depending on how close to midnight you do it. (needs confused look here from the way I'm explaining it)

Just the other day I tried for awhile, then forgot (b/c DS splashed himself with boiling water and there was an ER trip), and did one just before midnight, but then it didn't credit until two days later pacific time, b/c it was "done" early in the AM eastern time. Zoiks!

Anyway, hopefully that won't happen with you, but in case it does, now you know!

Yup I noticed this when I was in training in Arizona a few weeks ago. I was doing surveys at 10 pm AZ time and it was delaying me credit. It took till thursday that week for me to figure it out.