PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.com

jaime
06-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Have any of you used one of the gift certs? I know that there are terms and conditions. Would you just buy them for yourself or do you think they could be given as a gift? I just noticed that they have a lot of good restaurants in home town so I was going to buy some for my Mom and best friend.

piglet-for-me
06-11-2008, 07:40 AM
We have. I love Restaurant.com and wish there were more restaurants in our area I could buy through.

When you purchase the certificate, you print it off on your home printer. They are not pretty or look like anything fancy. I don't know if I would give them as a gift because of that. I suppose it depends on who I was giving it to, someone more casual and that I knew very well it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference. But I wouldn't pass one on to someone I didn't know very well.

jnorth1007
06-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Can you use more than one at each meal or are they limited to one per meal purchase?

m 'n c
06-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Can you use more than one at each meal or are they limited to one per meal purchase?

I think mine says one per meal.

sunshinecindy
06-11-2008, 08:58 AM
If you are going to give as a gift, you might want to check the terms because some of the 25.00 ones say that you have to spend 35.00, so I would give the person an additional 10.00 along with the cert. I have given a lot of these as gifts to family members, they love them. I myself use them quite often.

andrea2289
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
It is only one per table on most. We love them! We have found some really great new restaurants in Louisville and Nashville by using these. They all have different terms, so just make sure you read them thoroughly. We just returned from a trip to Chicago and I used one for Redfish and Quartino?VERY good restaurants and with the certificates, it was so cheap!! :)

m4travels
06-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I, too, have used them quite a bit. Something happens when we go out to eat and it never seems to fail that we ALWAYS meet that minimum required for the two of us! We've got some great restaurants that participate. The certs are also good for a year from purchase.

nicholfamily5
06-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I've used them a bunch of times. If you want to use them as a gift, you can always just give a general gc to
Restaurant.com. That way they can pick where they want to use it. Every place near me requires that you spend a minimum to use the gc, but it is usually only 10-15 dollars more than the gc is worth, which is pretty good! We've gone out to some great places and only spent 15-20 dollars for a full meal.
Very worth it!

Hedy
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I've used them a bunch of times. If you want to use them as a gift, you can always just give a general gc to
Restaurant.com. That way they can pick where they want to use it. Every place near me requires that you spend a minimum to use the gc, but it is usually only 10-15 dollars more than the gc is worth, which is pretty good! We've gone out to some great places and only spent 15-20 dollars for a full meal.
Very worth it!

Kristen, where do you get gc's to in the area?

</ threadjack>

SunshineGirl
06-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Very worth it!

I got one as a gift and it was FABULOUS!! :sunshine:

mollyeilis
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I am so jealous of all of you with good restaurants in your areas! I only wish it were the situation with me. I'm still working on a $25 credit from registering my Entertainment Book from last year (purchased through SR!), and restaurants keep ending their participation...so I started with a GC for the whole amount at a place I wanted to try but never got up there, then got an email saying they were done and I needed to choose another place (sister restaurant to our FAVE place in Seattle), I did, then awhile later I got an email saying THEY were done, too! So now I have 3 certificates for the only places left, basically, and I don't really want to go to those places! Wah!:cry:

AM going to move to your areas ASAP. :p

But the lesson to be learned here is to create an account with them when you order, so IF the restaurant ends its participation you will be informed ahead of time and have the opportunity to choose another.

(or just use it right after you buy it):sunshine2:

fourfoxesinpa
06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I think the terms vary by restaurant so I'd read them carefully.

I have given them as a gift. I print them off on parchment like paper and then trim the edges with fancy scissors. Then I glue the paper onto a 8 1/2" colored sheet of paper and it looks very nice. It all fits into a large manila envelope which I also "dress up."

chipndale
06-11-2008, 03:05 PM

I have given them as a gift. I print them off on parchment like paper and then trim the edges with fancy scissors. Then I glue the paper onto a 8 1/2" colored sheet of paper and it looks very nice. It all fits into a large manila envelope which I also "dress up."

Good Idea! I was thinking about giving one to my father for a restaurant that we love and they have never been to. I figure it is one way to get him to give it a try.

piglet-for-me
06-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Wonderful idea! I might have to borrow it one of these days. Creativity is not my middle name. ;)

askomsky
06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I am so jealous of all of you with good restaurants in your areas! I only wish it were the situation with me. I'm still working on a $25 credit from registering my Entertainment Book from last year (purchased through SR!), and restaurants keep ending their participation...so I started with a GC for the whole amount at a place I wanted to try but never got up there, then got an email saying they were done and I needed to choose another place (sister restaurant to our FAVE place in Seattle), I did, then awhile later I got an email saying THEY were done, too! So now I have 3 certificates for the only places left, basically, and I don't really want to go to those places! Wah!:cry:

AM going to move to your areas ASAP. :p

But the lesson to be learned here is to create an account with them when you order, so IF the restaurant ends its participation you will be informed ahead of time and have the opportunity to choose another.

(or just use it right after you buy it):sunshine2:

Same here almost! I have one still from purchasing the Entertainment book, my problem is there really aren't any great resturants around here that are listed. I keep forgetting to check back as it's been a month or so, i really need to do that. It just so happens that DH got a dining giftcard from work and it turns out to basically be the same thing. When I logged in with the info from his card it took me to restuarants.com. So I have about $75 to spend in giftcards as it is!

chipndale
06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Well, I ordered one tonight! I wanted to order more but there is not any good restaurants listed near me. I even tried some other areas that we will be traveling to this summer and nothing. :confused: Oh well, I have atleast one good one to use!

jaime
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah, we don't have any good ones in my area either. Have you all checked out the Disney area? I noticed there was a TGIF on the site! Also Arabian Nights, the dinner show. I was thinking of getting some for our next trip for WDW.