PDA

View Full Version : Does Netflix Credit Well?

iluvamystery89
06-12-2008, 09:45 PM
summer tv stinks, lol, DH and i are seriously considering signing up for netflix-it'll save us both gas AND money, since the closest rental store is about 6 minutes away and each rental is over $4.00. so my question is, does this offer generally credit well? i'm lookin' for any and all info, folks! both good and bad experiences are welcome and appreciated! :sunshine2:

jnorth1007
06-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I would say don't do it just for the credits because there have been issues before. It does credit but not as well as some offers. It also takes a long time to get the credits because they make you go through your trial period first. That said I am sure there are people who will say they got their credits in a few days. That is possible but it is also the exception. If you know for sure that you are going to join Netflix one way or the other then by all means do it through the SR link. There is no way to know for sure though if it will credit.

sunshinecindy
06-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Thats funny cause DH and I have been saying the same thing. I'm thinking we are going to try this offer too, the incentive from SR is great, but always do offers based on if you are interested in the offer, not just for the CB just in case it doesn't credit, you won't be disappointed.

mirandag819
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
It said it credits in 21 days, I got credit after like 16. But We LOVE it ! The credit was nice, but the service is worth it without the credit. It is super fast, we send movies back and have a new one in 1-2 days. We use to buy a ton of movies on demand..... like 20 a month and $4-$5 each, so Netflix is a huge money saver!

iluvamystery89
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
thanks ladies! we'd sign up credits or not, b/c it's a great offer and a HUGE money saver. the credits are just a nice bonus. i love the feedback on the service-keep it coming!

time2go
06-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I love Netflix. I mailed a movie back today and will have one to replace it on Saturday. Super service so far! I can't say about the credit because I didn't sign up thru SR.

DisneyMa
06-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I love my Netflix!! We have been members for over 3 years and I still have a full list of movies I want to see. I also love to watch some online. I wish I would have signed up through SR (extra $$ is always welcomed!:D) but we were members before I signed up to SR.

arob414
06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I signed up, Tuesday, I think and my girls are watching Evan Almighty, right now. It came that fast in the mail. Last yr, we did the Blockbuster offer and we really enjoyed it until school started back and we just didn't have the time to watch movies. I cut way back to the smallest deal and still the dvd sat around the house close to 2 wks.

Just before seeing a thread on Netflix, this wk, I was thinking we needed to rejoin Blockbuster so we could watch movies while school was out. I had even gone to the site, but hadn't committed. I think we are really going to like Netflix, I am looking forward to watching some movies online. That way, the girls can watch what they want and I can watch something a little more adult.

Candi
06-13-2008, 02:40 AM
I also really like Netflix.

kimbih
06-13-2008, 10:07 AM
I joined through the SR offer and did get the credit. We are totally addicted to it now! We really put it off for so long since we have a Blockbuster pretty close by. Now we get movies through Netflix all the time. The turn over is really quick too. I return 1 dvd and 2 days later another shows up to replace it. I originally signed up for 2 at a time but had to upgrade to 3 at a time and sometimes I feel like it still isn't enough :rotfl:

We currently have 189 dvds in our queue :blush:

DisneyMa
06-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I joined through the SR offer and did get the credit. We are totally addicted to it now! We really put it off for so long since we have a Blockbuster pretty close by. Now we get movies through Netflix all the time. The turn over is really quick too. I return 1 dvd and 2 days later another shows up to replace it. I originally signed up for 2 at a time but had to upgrade to 3 at a time and sometimes I feel like it still isn't enough :rotfl:

after 500 you need to open a new queue:blush: I don't know how I know that:o

iluvamystery89
06-13-2008, 10:47 AM
after 500 you need to open a new queue:blush: I don't know how I know that:o

:rotfl: thanks everyone! keep your feedback coming! it's going to be a BIG help when i bring this up to DH again! "hey honey, you know how we talked about joining netflix and you thought it MIGHT be a good idea? i asked about it on SR and everyone LOVES it!" :sunshine2:

arob414
06-13-2008, 10:54 AM

Wow! I need your help in building our queue. There always movies I want to watch but I can never think what. Plus, I have a hard time making a committment. Which is really dumb when it comes to something as simple as putting movie in my queue. :o

mjg74
06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh we love our netflix. I love it that we can mail them back and have new ones so soon. As for the credits, our credit posted 21 days after we signed up. No issues.

iluvamystery89
06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
i have another netflix question...once you sign up though SR, do you have to access your account to browse movies and such through SR? or do you just go straight to the netflix site?

kimbih
06-14-2008, 07:57 AM
i have another netflix question...once you sign up though SR, do you have to access your account to browse movies and such through SR? or do you just go straight to the netflix site?

You just go right to the Netflix site after the initial sign up through SR :)

500???? :eek: And my Dh makes fun of me about our queue! I am definately going to have to tell him about that :rotfl: