PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Puff Update?

iluvamystery89
06-12-2008, 10:37 PM
can y'all tell i'm bored? lol, the pancake puff commercial was just on tv (it made me HUNGRY! lol) and i did a forum search which came up with a couple of rave reviews for this item when it first arrived, so i'm wondering, to those who own it, what do you think of it in the long-term? do you still use it? do the kids tire of eating pancake puffs? is it worth $19.98 plus $8.98 s&h (from taylor gifts)? i know my DD would LOVE for me to make pancakes and muffins with this thing, but if it's one of those novelties that wears off after a month or so (i'd probably only use it 1-2x a week), i'll save my money.

askomsky
06-12-2008, 10:54 PM
can y'all tell i'm bored? lol, the pancake puff commercial was just on tv (it made me HUNGRY! lol) and i did a forum search which came up with a couple of rave reviews for this item when it first arrived, so i'm wondering, to those who own it, what do you think of it in the long-term? do you still use it? do the kids tire of eating pancake puffs? is it worth $19.98 plus $8.98 s&h (from taylor gifts)? i know my DD would LOVE for me to make pancakes and muffins with this thing, but if it's one of those novelties that wears off after a month or so (i'd probably only use it 1-2x a week), i'll save my money.

Jen is queen of ASOTV and I remember that she was dying to try it out. Maybe Pam (missymouse) did too?

Target does sell them in store, and I'm assuming on line so it's another option to check out.

Magical JenK
06-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Crap! I've been slacking! I've been meaning to write up a little review of the pancake puff & forgot....:headache:

I used it for the first time a few weeks ago. DH LOVED the pancake puffs & I did too. It took some time to get used to learn how to "flip" them though...so I made a few 'scrambled pancake puffs' on accident...:blush:

I just used a regular pancake mix & then tried to Disney them up a little (a la cinnamon/sugar combo...think puffed french toast at Crystal Palace) & it worked!! I even took a picture to show you guys, but have since deleted it I guess.

I'd give it a C for first time ease of use (but I'm not that coordinated)
I'd give it an A for fun
and of course I'd give it an A because

it brings pizazz to every meal!! :angel:(And don't think I didn't say that to DH a couple times while making them!!) :rotfl:

So if you're like me & you like pancakes & you really enjoy ASOTV items, then yes, it's TOTALLY worth it! If you don't want pizazz added to every meal, then it's NOT for you!

pbhall13
06-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Well who doesn't LOVE A LITTLE PIZZAZ!!!!!!!! it sounds yummy to me!!!! I'll be over for chat tomorrow night!

m4travels
06-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Well who doesn't LOVE A LITTLE PIZZAZ!!!!!!!! it sounds yummy to me!!!! I'll be over for chat tomorrow night!

See, that just is SO wide open for comment...... but I'll be polite and say...

life is good!

sunshinecindy
06-13-2008, 01:28 AM
but I'll be polite and say...

life is good!

Sheesh, I remember when you were fun. :p

linanglab
06-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Jen...thanks for the review! You really do crack me up! I must say, my meals have been pizzazzless.... Maybe the pancake puff is just what I need to jazz up my meals! LOL

missymouse
06-13-2008, 07:31 AM
I still love my pancake puff. I don't use it all the time but the entire family has decided if we are having cornbread that the Cornbread puffs are the best. I have done Pancakes and cornbread puffs with success and I tried brownies but by the time the I could flip them without messing them up the bottom was burnt. That most likely was the mix (very thick) or the heat of the puff, or impatience so I had the heat too high. Learning to flip is the hardest part but once you get the hang of it they turn out nice. It is tricky to get the perfect heat but that too comes with practice. I would say it has been worth the $20

iluvamystery89
06-13-2008, 09:32 AM
thanks ladies (and dude, lol)! this would be the perfect thing for DD's birthday sleepover AND an excuse for mommy to get a new kitchen gadget! :woohoo: i just looooooooove kitchen gadgets! :banana:

pbhall13
06-13-2008, 11:04 AM
See, that just is SO wide open for comment...... but I'll be polite and say...

life is good!

Oh I love a good 'comment' , but for the life of me I can't think of what would be impolite to say.........and trust me I am known for making some 'impolite' comments!!!:p

mollyeilis
06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Just saw yet another ad for the puff thing, and we're getting more and more tempted.

Is it only through taylor and target as have been mentioned on this thread, or is it an Offer, too (that I can't find)?

iluvamystery89
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
i haven't seen an offer. i did do a product search and linens & things came up, but i can't find it on their site. so far i've only found it on taylor gifts and target.

SunshineGirl
06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
No offers but there was an As Seen on TV merchant besides Taylor that had them as well. Can't think of which one though. Definitely peruse the As Seen on TV shopping category on SR because they are starting to pop up on different ones.

mollyeilis
06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks!

I've had bad luck with the search, so I shy away from using it. :o

mollyeilis
06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks Tricia!

missymouse
06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I ordered mine from TVProducts4Less but I think it is the one shopping thing that never credited for me as they claimed I didn't go through SR. But since I reallly like my Pancake Puff and it was only for about $1 it isn't a huge deal.

mollyeilis
06-18-2008, 03:52 PM
It sure is interesting looking through all those sites!

For instance, who knew that anyone had made (or even thought of) a motorized ice cream cone? It turns the ice cream so all you do is lick! No Pancake Puff on that site (Miles Kimball), but I bet my hubby would like the cone... He's desperate for a quesadilla maker, so I'm sure the turning cone would be right up his alley. :p