PDA

View Full Version : New York Times

chocovrdmicears
06-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I have been wanting to get a Sunday only subscription to this forever (love the extra coupons :blush: ) Got credit within the hour!!! :banana:

sammielynn
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
I looked at this one, but they do not deliever in my area. They did offer a 7 day electronic version? Would I get credit for that???

SunshineGirl
06-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Probably not. I think it is only for the 4 week trial. What a bummer that they do not deliver there!

Alice28
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I tried it! I did the 4 week Sunday; we stopped getting our Sunday paper when we moved, and I hadn't restarted it yet. I told DH that we'll just try the Times for 4 weeks. He said, "How very Sex and the City of you." :rotfl: (that show is my not so secret vice). It comes with all the standard coupons and Sunday store fliers, right?

ItsmeSunnyV
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
On this offer, do we have to continue with the extra additional 8 weeks at $5.67 in order to get the 4 weeks at $1?? :confused:

I tried doing this one, it said it was offered in my area, as it let me continue to put all of my info, but then when I would submit my info, it would just reload the page with my info still there. I dont know whats going on here. A little confused. I really wanted to do this offer for DH.

jnorth1007
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Probably not. I think it is only for the 4 week trial. What a bummer that they do not deliver there!

I was looking at this so I could find out what the cost after the trail is and I also didnt qualify for home delivery in my area. However, the 7 day trial is for an electronic copy of the newspaper to be delivered to you everyday and it costs 9.99 a month after the 7 day trial. Can you check because this may qualify those of us who want the paper but can get it delivered. I think I might actually like the online version better, no paper to recycle. I would definitely do this if the credits would apply to purchasing the online edition also. The trial period is shorter but hey I bet I could start getting in ASAP and know within 7 days if it is something I would like. I also think I can get good use out of this for all those stupid papers I have to do. I wish I had it when I was getting my first degree and minoring in Economics LOL you cant imagine how many times I had to go look it up at the library. Anyways, just curious if ordering the online version would work when they dont deliver to your area.

Alice28
06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Yahoo- it credited already!

Now, if my wishes came true, and those darn DMC credits came in, I think I would be #11, maybe even #10 on the LEADER BOARD! COME ON for a miracle! :heart: :angel: :p

docsmom
06-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow! This credited fast. :cooldance: I did not qualify for home delivery so I am having it delivered to my office. Now the trick will be to get the paper before my boss gets a hold of it and claims it for himself!!:p

3dog2kidmom
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow! This credited fast. :cooldance: I did not qualify for home delivery so I am having it delivered to my office. Now the trick will be to get the paper before my boss gets a hold of it and claims it for himself!!:p

Okay like how fast? I did it a few tetris games ago but no credit yet. :rotfl:

Alice28
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
I got my credit within 2 hours.

3dog2kidmom
06-22-2007, 05:17 PM
It's there now! I didn't even know about getting coupons in this paper... I'm excited!!!

chocovrdmicears
06-22-2007, 05:28 PM
It's there now! I didn't even know about getting coupons in this paper... I'm excited!!!

don't get me started on coupons! My husband thinks I am nuts! I am officially addicted to the CVS ECB's..we have soooo much free toothpaste and papertowels..He just shakes his head at me... :rolleyes:

3dog2kidmom
06-22-2007, 05:30 PM
don't get me started on coupons! My husband thinks I am nuts! I am officially addicted to the CVS ECB's..we have soooo much free toothpaste and papertowels..He just shakes his head at me... :rolleyes:

We don't have a CVS :(

BTW, I LOVE your username! I can't wait to get a chocolate covered Mickey rice crispie treat... maybe tomorrow!!

chocovrdmicears
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
We don't have a CVS :(

BTW, I LOVE your username! I can't wait to get a chocolate covered Mickey rice crispie treat... maybe tomorrow!!

I am so jealous...my true passion is the chocolate covered Mickey Ice Creams...I swear I have one EVERY day on vacation. :banana:

No CVS! My goodness I have about 6 near me...I don't know what I would do without one!. :eek:

Soccer Princess
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I just tried this. I actually have been wanting to check this out so I'm excited! :)

3dog2kidmom
06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I actually have been wanting to check this out so I'm excited! :)

Me too... I never do offers on M******s, but everytime I see this offer come through there I am slightly tempted... SOOOO glad I never did it and now I can do it here :sunshine2:

Soccer Princess
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Yay I just saw credit on mine. I got the Sunday papers -- I'm another coupon lover :)

llgray16
06-22-2007, 08:39 PM

You know I have looked at her user name forever and could never figure out what it said :rotfl: I can be so dense sometimes :p

Trisha818
06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I signed up around 4:30 est. Is anyone else still waiting for credit???

Debbie Jean
06-22-2007, 09:08 PM

Yes, I did it about 4 hours ago and am still waiting :(

llgray16
06-22-2007, 11:43 PM

I signed up about 9pm and received credit in less than 2 hours

SunshineGirl
06-22-2007, 11:45 PM
It's odd for someone not to receive credit. We have been getting credits for almost everyone within an hour or two today. Did you maybe use some kind of prepaid credit card or something like that? Or not have third party cookies enabled?

kimntrent
06-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I gotta do this tomorrow. It looks interesting enough.
________
Blowjob Xxx (http://www.****tube.com/categories/13/blowjob/videos/1)

gpp2001
06-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Just FYI - the New York Ties does not come with coupons. Sorry to disappoint but they never have come with coupons. When we lived in New Jersey I would buy the Jersey paper for the coupons and the Times for the news.

And I get it delivered in Michigan and still no coupons.

Karn

Trisha818
06-23-2007, 09:06 AM
It's odd for someone not to receive credit. We have been getting credits for almost everyone within an hour or two today. Did you maybe use some kind of prepaid credit card or something like that? Or not have third party cookies enabled?

Nope, I used a regular credit card and did nothing to my cookies. :confused:
I still didn't receive credit...just rechecked.

Edited to add that I did receive the email confirmation for the paper yesterday. I chose the online version as the regular was not available in my area.

jnorth1007
06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I dont believe that they credit for the online version. I ordered the online version because it was something I wanted and it was a good deal and I didnt receive any credits either. I wasnt expecting to though so its no big deal for me. Apparently they dont credit for the online version. However, the online version is pretty good. Its only 9.99 after the first week trial and you can start reading now no waiting for delivery. :sunshine2:

Debbie Jean
06-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Nope, I ordered at home weekend delivery with my American Express and I checked to make sure my third party cookies were enabled.

As of this morning I still don't have credit. What should I do now? How long should I wait?

Trisha818
06-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I dont believe that they credit for the online version. I ordered the online version because it was something I wanted and it was a good deal and I didnt receive any credits either. I wasnt expecting to though so its no big deal for me. Apparently they dont credit for the online version. However, the online version is pretty good. Its only 9.99 after the first week trial and you can start reading now no waiting for delivery. :sunshine2:

I was wondering if the online version could've been the problem!

Has anyone who ordered the online version received credit? :sunshine:

kimntrent
06-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I just ordered mine so we will see. I do have the confirmation page printed out.
________
White Girls live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/white-girls/)

kimntrent
06-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I got mine and my mom signed up so lets see if she gets hers.
________
Coach Handbags (http://icoachhandbags.com/)

Peter
06-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Final cost Please!!!

Thanks Peter :)

dmarino
06-24-2007, 09:08 PM
On this offer, do we have to continue with the extra additional 8 weeks at $5.67 in order to get the 4 weeks at $1?? :confused:

I tried doing this one, it said it was offered in my area, as it let me continue to put all of my info, but then when I would submit my info, it would just reload the page with my info still there. I dont know whats going on here. A little confused. I really wanted to do this offer for DH.
I was wondering the same thing. Does anybody know?

nicholfamily5
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
same thing was happening to me...quite irritating.

cglaura
06-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I was wondering about the cost of the Sunday paper also.

So according to this my cc today will be charged $49.36 ($5.67 x 8 + $4), then $25.20 per month for a 4 week subscription. Isn't that quite high for one paper per week?

Or do they mean get Sunday in addition to M-F. Their wording is confusing :confused: I think it might b/c the prices are so close I can't imagine having to pay close to the same $$ for 1 day as for 5 days.

This is the wording for Sunday delivery:
Sign up now and get your first 4 weeks for just $4 and your next 8 weeks for just $5.67 per week. That’s 12 weeks at a great low introductory rate. After your first 12 weeks, home delivery will continue at the regular price of $6.30 per week.

This is the wording for M-F delivery:
Sign up now and get your first 4 weeks for just $4 and your next 8 weeks for just $5.60 per week. That’s 12 weeks at a great low introductory rate. After your first 12 weeks, home delivery will continue at the regular price of $6.20 per week.

m4travels
06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Or do they mean get Sunday in addition to M-F. Their wording is confusing :confused: I think it might b/c the prices are so close I can't imagine having to pay close to the same $$ for 1 day as for 5 days.

Those are the correct prices. The Sunday issue is actually more than the Mon - Friday issues.

wdwabby
06-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email? I did the offer, have received credit for it, and got the confirmation screen (and wrote down the number) but I haven't received an email - and I've been checking my junk box too ....

ItsmeSunnyV
06-27-2007, 01:29 PM
WDWABBY::
Hi I was wondering if you could tell me how much you were charged all together final cost? Thanks!Veronica

kimntrent
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I haven't.
________
Website host (http://hostndesign.com)

wdwabby
06-27-2007, 01:45 PM
WDWABBY::
Hi I was wondering if you could tell me how much you were charged all together final cost? Thanks!Veronica

I have not been charged yet (and have not received a confirmation email) I will try to post when I'm actually charged.

ItsmeSunnyV
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks! Well for your own good, I hope you receive your confirmation email soon. :)

nolacindy
06-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I just call the New York Times number because I got concerned that they were going to charge the 12 weeks up front. The representative that I spoke with said that since I just registered for it today it wasn't showing up in the computer, but that usually they only charge the $4 for the first 4 weeks then if I decided to keep it they will charge 8 week with 10% off. I'm going to call back tomorrow to make sure.

wdwabby
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I just call the New York Times number because I got concerned that they were going to charge the 12 weeks up front. The representative that I spoke with said that since I just registered for it today it wasn't showing up in the computer, but that usually they only charge the $4 for the first 4 weeks then if I decided to keep it they will charge 8 week with 10% off. I'm going to call back tomorrow to make sure.

thanks for calling - that's great information :)

Debbie Jean
06-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Woo hoo! Ordered last week and got my first issue this morning! Talk about fast service! I live in northern NJ and the offer was either for the weekday issues, weekend or both. I chose weekend since I can't imagine finding the time to read it during the week :rotfl:

BTW, I did get all the normal inserts including coupons, though that may have been because it's a local edition.

lrsellars
06-30-2007, 09:22 PM
BTW, I did get all the normal inserts including coupons, though that may have been because it's a local edition.

When someone else gets there edition, please fill us in. If it's going to come with coupons, I'm going to shoot myself for not doing the offer!!!!!!

Hannahsmom
07-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I signed up for the Sunday paper and haven't received it yet. And I haven't gotten a confirmation email either. What is the number for the NY Times?

Soccer Princess
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I got my first paper this morning. I enjoyed it, although I was disappointed I didn't get any coupons like my regular paper.

~Kathie
07-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I received my first paper this morning also. I haven't read it all yet but I did skim over the front page and read a couple of articles.. Monday is my day to read all the Sunday papers.

Somone posted somewhere that the NY Times never has coupons.

~Kathie
07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Found the post.....it was back a few pages.

Just FYI - the New York Ties does not come with coupons. Sorry to disappoint but they never have come with coupons. When we lived in New Jersey I would buy the Jersey paper for the coupons and the Times for the news.

And I get it delivered in Michigan and still no coupons.

Karn

Debbie Jean
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I received my first paper this morning also. I haven't read it all yet but I did skim over the front page and read a couple of articles.. Monday is my day to read all the Sunday papers.

Somone posted somewhere that the NY Times never has coupons.

The local edition may not have come with coupons in the past, but I did get them with my Saturday paper along with the ads and other inserts I normally get in the Bergen Record.

Soccer Princess
07-18-2007, 10:07 AM

Can you please post this number. I need to call them soon. Thanks!

nolacindy
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
The number I have is 1-800-698-4637

mollyeilis
07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
They only charged me the $4.00. Finally. :)

lenzs4
07-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Has anyone got a paper yet? I was charged right away - but still no paper...
Also, if you are getting the paper already - does anyone ahve a number that I could use to call and se where mine is?
Thanks,

OH - scrolled up and found a number to try...

mollyeilis
07-26-2007, 10:39 PM
You reminded me that I didn't get my second Sunday paper. grr. Once I finally read the first, I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of it...I might be a convert! But not if they are going to forget me (or if my neighbors are going to steal it).

apettyjohn
07-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone that has not recieved their paper yet, you might want to check your credit card. I have never recieved the first paper yet but just checked and they have a pending charge on my credit card.I just called and they ae going to take it off.I just wanted to warn you guys.April:confused:

Alice28
08-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I never rec'd my paper! Yet there is the $4 charge on my amex. Huh.