PDA

View Full Version : A little crediting help.

linanglab
06-13-2008, 08:10 AM
My computer got a clean bill of health from the computer people (I know...very professional terms, huh?). I had to purchase Norton again, since they had to wipe everything off of my computer and start from scratch. I did a couple fast crediting offers yesterday, and they did not credit. It may have nothing to do with my Norton, becaue sometimes not everything credits. But....has anyone had any trouble with Norton and crediting issues?

I thought I would do a few more offers as they come in, and then if they all do not credit, then I will know I have a problem.

Any thoughts?

iluvamystery89
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM
i have norton internet security (and have used it for several years) and sometimes things don't credit for me, but overall, i do pretty well. the MID and modpath offers rarely credit though, and i don't know why. i'm sure you've already thought of this, but i couldn't help mentioning it-make sure you're set up to receive 3rd party cookies and all again (settings could've changed when memory was wiped). glad you got your computer back and it's feeling better :)

m 'n c
06-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Hmm I would start fooling with the settings Angela. I'd start by lowering them and then trying for either a SM or OTX survey and see if it credits on the hour. If it doesn't something is blocking cookies.

linanglab
06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I completed and SM survey this morning, and that credited fine. All of my regular surveys are crediting okay too. I have got credit for OTX a couple days ago, but that was before installation of Norton. I will try an OTX and see.

How do I lower settings? Is that too complicated to explain???? I will start playing around to see if I can figure it out.

m 'n c
06-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Well that is good about the SM survey. Give the OTX a shot and if it credits then we probably don't need to mess around too much with your computer.

linanglab
06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Well that is good about the SM survey. Give the OTX a shot and if it credits then we probably don't need to mess around too much with your computer.

Completed an OTX and it credited. So I am assuming if it credited, then I should be okay for other offers???? Is that right?

m 'n c
06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Completed an OTX and it credited. So I am assuming if it credited, then I should be okay for other offers???? Is that right?

I think so. Just make sure your browser is set up for 3rd party and session cookies and give an offer a try.

linanglab
06-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Just did an old pending offer, and it credited very quickly! YEAH! No worries now. Some offers just take a couple times before crediting. Probably my fault for not clearing cookies as often as I should! Thanks Catharine!